PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox in serious talks with coveted Cuban SS Iglesias

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Red Sox in serious talks with coveted Cuban SS Jose Iglesias - MLB - SI.com

The Red Sox are in serious discussions with Cuban shortstop whiz Jose Iglesias, according to a league source.

If finalized, the contract is expected to be for about $8 million, perhaps a little bit more than that, according to people familiar with the talks. One league source said it wasn't done yet but expressed optimism that it would get done.

Iglesias, who's listed at 19 years old, defected from Cuba last year in Canada during the World Junior Championships.

Scouts who have seen Iglesias liken him to Ozzie Smith defensively.

"His hands and arm are deluxe,'' one American League executive said. "The question is how much he'll hit.''

Defense is great...but he will be ripped apart by fans and the media unless he can hit like Ripken right from the start :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A great defensive SS sounds good to me. That's the most important aspect the position.

A great defensive SS sounds good to me. That's the most important aspect the position.

Not to the media and fans. He can win gold gloves here but if he can't hit over .270 he's doomed to failure by them

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back