PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking the NFL's General Managers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Haven't a clue who the writer is (other than his name), but it's nice to finish first:http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006545951

With all of the peculiar transactions and coaching changes that have taken place in the few weeks since Super Bowl XLI ended, particularly in San Diego and Chicago, we at AHN thought it would be interesting to rank each NFL general manager on the basis of their past, present - and possibly, future performances.

In order, here are the best general managers in the NFL.

New England Patriots Bill Belichick/ Scott Pioli The Patriots have been at the head of the class when it comes to structuring an organization built for the long haul. The combination of head coach Belichick and GM, Pioli has been nothing short of masterful in
molding the Patriots into the best team in all of football over the last half-decade.

Other than the insignificant detail that Pioli isn't GM, a nice tribute to the team.

This list is terrible. Ted Thompson below Phil Savage? Vinny Cerrato? Randy Mueller? Ernie Acorsi? Bill Polian is somehow below a front office consisting of a retired man and the new Al Davis.

I will say the top and bottom of this list are solid.

This one just annoys me:

"The Texans made a wise move by hiring offensive-minded head coach, Gary Kubiak to straighten out their floundering franchise. However, I have to rip Smith and the Texans big time for passing on sure-fire NFL talents like Reggie Bush and Vince Young in favor of Mario Williams. This foolhardy decision could go down in history as one of the biggest gaffes of all-time."

Williams didn't have the awesome rookie year that Young and Bush had but he did finish the season strong despite playing through a foot injury. I think people are going overboard with how well he played simply because he didn't have 25 sacks. He'll get better.

What gets me is the "sure-fire NFL talents" comment. Articles were being written after the draft about how Vince Young was going to be a bust. I remember reading that one team had him ranked as a 2nd rounder. Even Bush had a little criticism about him. Didn't someone predict that Maroney would be a better player?

I think that sure-fire comment is WAAAAYYYYYY too after-the-fact.

Too bad Floyd Reese was canned by the Titans, but it was a nice try.

Silly list. I agree with the Patriots being on top but how in the world is Polian that low?

Silly list. I agree with the Patriots being on top but how in the world is Polian that low?

Agreed, that's Crazy. How about the Ravens?

I think the list starts out well, but there are some real weird ones. Must be personal grudges of the author.

I'd put AJ Smith right up there at the top. Its not his fault that Spanos didn't want to fire Marty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore