PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice on cruddy Field (kicking game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Per Reiss:

"Bill Belichick explained that the Patriots practiced on the Gillette Stadium field on Thursday because the surface is "a little different than it was in the Denver game, after the [Rolling Stones] concert."

Belichick said the big difference is that there is less sand. He said Thursday's practice was aimed at helping players get used to the surface, which seemed to affect the team's field goal unit most against the Broncos on Sept. 24."

It's good to hear that the coaching staff is taking the cruddy field into account when preparing the rookie this week. Hopefully he nails his kicks this week and starts to put that rough start behind him.

Brownfan80 said:
Per Reiss:

"Bill Belichick explained that the Patriots practiced on the Gillette Stadium field on Thursday because the surface is "a little different than it was in the Denver game, after the [Rolling Stones] concert."

Belichick said the big difference is that there is less sand. He said Thursday's practice was aimed at helping players get used to the surface, which seemed to affect the team's field goal unit most against the Broncos on Sept. 24."

It's good to hear that the coaching staff is taking the cruddy field into account when preparing the rookie this week. Hopefully he nails his kicks this week and starts to put that rough start behind him.

BB covers all the details.
I can't wait for sunday's game!
I'm looking forward to watching the gradual development of:
Stephen Gostkowski
Chad Jackson
Doug Gabriel
Pats would be in really good shape with a win.

SamBam39 said:
BB covers all the details.
I can't wait for sunday's game!
I'm looking forward to watching the gradual development of:
Stephen Gostkowski
Chad Jackson
Doug Gabriel
Pats would be in really good shape with a win.

I'm really hoping that the practices help the kid get more comfortable. Once he hits a few I'm sure he'll be just fine, he's got all the tools, it's just that mental hump he's gotta get over now.

And yes, the Pats would be in pretty great shape if they head into the bye at 4-1. They'll have a tough stretch coming out of the bye, so they'll need all the momentum they can get. And it'd be great to be 3-0 in the division already.

I love soccer, but Kraft needs to find another place for the revs to play--it's not like they are selling out Gilette....I don't mind the revs playing there, but not at the expense of the pats! The field has been bad in the past (late in the year or during the playoffs) but this year is at a whole new level!

Brownfan80 said:
I'm really hoping that the practices help the kid get more comfortable. Once he hits a few I'm sure he'll be just fine, he's got all the tools, it's just that mental hump he's gotta get over now.

And yes, the Pats would be in pretty great shape if they head into the bye at 4-1. They'll have a tough stretch coming out of the bye, so they'll need all the momentum they can get. And it'd be great to be 3-0 in the division already.

not only that, but there's a great chance Buffalo and the jets could each lose this week, which would really put us in good shape.
sunday can't get here soon enough!

SamBam39 said:
not only that, but there's a great chance Buffalo and the jets could each lose this week, which would really put us in good shape.
sunday can't get here soon enough!

I'm always pulling against the Jets and Bills, unless they're playing against the Steelers, Broncos or Colts. :)

I think that both the Jets and Bills could still end up making a run, they're not in a bad position just yet. Certainly not as bad as the Dolphins. Everything could change this Sunday though, if the Pats should lose and BUF & NY win then we're suddenly in the middle of something messy and far too interesting for my tastes.

But then again it's JAX and CHI they're facing, so it should be two tough games for those teams.

Either way, if we take care of the Dolphins then we'll be sitting pretty during that two week stretch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST