PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Pharaoh Brown signs with the Seahawks

Oh well. One of the few enjoyable bits of a horrible season. Good luck, Bubbahotep.

That sucks...

He was solid last season and earned more targets.

Both Hooper and Brown turn 30 this season.

This isn’t Logans Run. It would be a big deal if they were 33 or 34.
I think the point is that the 2 are the same age not that they are too old. Hooper has been the better player up until now and they are both 30 I suppose Hooper has more wear and tear but other than that there is every reason to think he'll still be the better player moving forward.

Someone else pointed out that Hooper is probably more of a Gisecki replacement so I guess we still need a 3rd TE. Draft one in mid rds probably makes sense.

would have been nice to keep him, won't notice he's gone

Preferred him over Hooper.

Just curious why?

In 2019 Hooper had more receiving yards than Brown during his entire career. Even last year, Browns best and Hopper's worst, AH still had more yards.

That’s a strong deal for him. Entering his age 30 season, I believe it’s only the second year that he will earn more than minimum salary.

seems like he caught everything that was thrown to him

Just curious why?

In 2019 Hooper had more receiving yards than Brown during his entire career. Even last year, Browns best and Hopper's worst, AH still had more yards.

Brown is a much better run blocker than Hooper and a better Pass blocker. Which is where we needed more help than a pass-catching TE that's going see only 300 snaps.

Hooper is better #2 TE trust me DB.
Hooper is Gesicki part 2. Good pass blocker, horrid run blocker.

We talk about disguising things so that opposing defenses won't know what is coming.. Well, Look at the Pass v Run when Hooper was on the field.

Hooper is Gesicki part 2. Good pass blocker, horrid run blocker.

We talk about disguising things so that opposing defenses won't know what is coming.. Well, Look at the Pass v Run when Hooper was on the field.

Right it's not really Hooper for Brown. I'd prefer the type of TE you are referring to come from the draft.

This is the good part of really having nothing on offense. We need all the pass receiving weapons we can get.

Right it's not really Hooper for Brown. I'd prefer the type of TE you are referring to come from the draft.

This is the good part of really having nothing on offense. We need all the pass receiving weapons we can get.

This is where I disagree with a lot of people. I don't believe that we've seen the best from what we have on the roster. Specifically because of the fubared situation the last 2 years. What's hilarious to me is the people who agree that the OC and OLC situations were screwed up and screwed the offense, but turn around and immediately blame the Receivers for not receiving even though film review showed guys open almost every play that the QB didn't make the pass. Whether it was because of the O-line or because the QB didn't make the correct read or whatever.

I'm hoping that with a stable O-Line Coach and a healthy O-line, that we can get a better evaluation of the players. I'm also hoping that we use the assets we have instead of relying on just 1 or 2 guys and forcing the ball to them.. Which doesn't work unless your TFB and then it only works if your throwing to Moss or Gronk about 65% of the time.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back