PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perspective, Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Ok, I felt kind of panicky last night (in a reasonable fan kind of way, I didn't lose sleep or think about ending it all ;) ) but in retrospect, let's look at what happened.

The Eagles scored 3 points after getting stopped in the red zone.

Our whipping boy Cassel didn't get it done, but that was clearly not always his fault.

We scored a field goal and 2 TD's on offense, better production on the board than the Beagles. Their special teams scored twice, which means our special teams stunk up the joint and theirs played really well.

So minus bad ST play, we very well could have been looking at a score more like 17-13. Our D wasn't spectacular, but they only allowed ONE touchdown.

Now there are analysts here WAY more qualified than me, but for my eyeballs, the ST's tuning things up and the D moving to a higher level (taking risks they shouldn't be taking now) and TB back on the field (though I'd like to see more Matty G) and how are we NOT a better team than the Eagles? We are. But luck is always a factor.

Just saying guys, it's football and every team has three components. You isolate those a bit and you'll see we did better progressively than we have done so far in two aspects of the game last night.

Last edited:
All we really need besides Tom and the OL back is a pre-season forum to keep the panic attacks off the front page...

All we really need besides Tom and the OL back is a pre-season forum to keep the panic attacks off the front page...

Absolutely. The pre-season is about getting reps and watching how players execute under the gun. The old-biddies on this board are weeping and wailing and gnashing their collective teeth over our impending doom. Sigh. Yawn.

If memory serves me correctly, we haven't had a winning pre-season since BB took over. Our regular seasons, however, seem to have gone pretty well :)

Respects,

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back