PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will do fine without Pioli BUT not without BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Lets give BB his due.
BB has made Pioli...not the other way around.
If Pioli is lured to the Giants.... PATS will do fine.
There are plenty of talented exceutives BB could bring in.

BUT BB is irreplaceable.
Hopefully the Krafts will do whatever they can to keep him as head coach.
When BB leaves....the PATS run will truly be over.

merge working...?

For goodness sake, this is a forum, where one discussion often spawns another. Let's not merge threads and create superthreads with 100+ posts. It's ridiculous. MoLewisrocks, if you really want to be a surrogate moderator, then start by trusting the moderators rather than moderating them.

And I agree it would be a disaster to lose BB. There are few coaches like him. I hope this isn't a case where Kraft is turning into an Al Davis. I don't think it is, but one never knows.

For goodness sake, this is a forum, where one discussion often spawns another.

The problem is, this isn't another discussion. It's the same one that's going on in the BB/SP thread, and would be just fine as a singular post there.

For goodness sake, this is a forum, where one discussion often spawns another. Let's not merge threads and create superthreads with 100+ posts. It's ridiculous. MoLewisrocks, if you really want to be a surrogate moderator, then start by trusting the moderators rather than moderating them.

And I agree it would be a disaster to lose BB. There are few coaches like him. I hope this isn't a case where Kraft is turning into an Al Davis. I don't think it is, but one never knows.
no you would rather sort through 25 post about BB/Pioli leaving for the one actual facticous post about Brady's hit not being a penalty - fine

but god can't the original posters spend a moment and see if there is a thread with the same topic or are we all too big to admit someone else already posted our Idea thus making us seem less important

If Kraft has a single functioning brain cell he'll remember when he turned the Parcells Patriots over to Pete Carrol. That went well :rolleyes: And despite Carrol's shortcomings, he is a competent coach. If Belichick were to leave, there's an outside change Kraft would get lucky and get an equal replacement - but it's very unlikely. Kraft would do well to look back at the Bulls when Jackson and Jordan left and how the guys there said "organizations win championships". Well the Patriots aren't inherently better than others to keep winning - they're winning mostly because of Belichick and partly, but lesser, because of Pioli and Brady.

I think the Krafts are smart enough to realize this. I hope they are.

The problem is, this isn't another discussion. It's the same one that's going on in the BB/SP thread, and would be just fine as a singular post there.

Nem has set the precedent for this board. 18000 posts over thousands of threads stating the same pointless point.Until the mods reign in his tired act, how can you tell others how to conduct business.

While we're waiting for the merge...

Pioli has steadily risen within the Patriots' organization since his being hired. The Patriots' web page listing of managers and executives lists Pioli third behind Bob and Jonathan Kraft. Should Scott decide to try the Giants or another organization Thomas Dimitroff is on hand and a good prospect to take over his duties - he was lured back after being interviewed by the Vikings for Director of Player Personnel, which suggests he's not only good at his job, but someone they expect to be a good fit here for some time.

Well, if i had to Choose between the Two, No Competition.....

BB wins hand down, but i still would like Pioli to Stay aswell;)

The problem is that the average fan has not even a remote clue about what SP does on a daily basis. Most don't know what he looks like. When people claim that we will be fine without him it is because they have no idea who and what SP does. There is a reason why the Giants may want him. It is not because he is expendable to the Pats. SP would be a big loss. He and BB are a great team.

You're trying to tell me the Patriots will do "fine" without...

-The Dallas Morning News' 2001 league's top executive?
-The 2003 recipient of the Pro Football Weekly Executive of the Year award?
-The 2003 recipient of the Sports Illustrated Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-The 2004 recipient of the NFLPA Executive Achievement award?
-The 2004 recipient of the USA Today Executive of the Year award?
-The 2004 recipient of the SI.com Executive of the Year award?
-The 2004 recipient of the San Francisco Chronicle Executive of the Year award?

-The 2001 recipient of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-The 2003 recipient of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-The 2004 recipient of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-The youngest recipient of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-One of three consecutive recipients of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?

You're trying to tell me the Patriots will do "fine" without...

-The Dallas Morning News' 2001 league's top executive?
-The 2003 recipient of the Pro Football Weekly Executive of the Year award?
-The 2003 recipient of the Sports Illustrated Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-The 2004 recipient of the NFLPA Executive Achievement award?
-The 2004 recipient of the USA Today Executive of the Year award?
-The 2004 recipient of the SI.com Executive of the Year award?
-The 2004 recipient of the San Francisco Chronicle Executive of the Year award?

-The 2001 recipient of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-The 2003 recipient of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-The 2004 recipient of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-The youngest recipient of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?
-One of three consecutive recipients of the Sporting News' George Young Executive of the Year award, as voted by NFL executives?

awesome post

Nem has set the precedent for this board. 18000 posts over thousands of threads stating the same pointless point.Until the mods reign in his tired act, how can you tell others how to conduct business.

I agree in the redundancy. There are valid points, but repeating and then reading the same thing gets old. Not too mention three threads of pointless created in a matter of an hour. I wish people would keep it football. x's and o's, and personnel(not personal) matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back