PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: March Madness?

what difference? a blown call is a blown call regardless of what the clock says. a mistake at any time of the game can lead to an eventual 'wrong result' fact is, not one person even noticed it until the game was well over. maybe in the name of getting things right, we can do replay on every single possession
A blown call during the course of the game still gives the team affected by it the chance to do something about it on the court. A blown call during the course of the game also usually ends up evening out. In this case, the call, had it been made, would have sealed the game for Auburn. They would have went to the line and Virginia likely would have ran out of time. The two are completely different. You’re not a dummy so I’m sure you understand this and I’m not sure why you’re even trying to argue a point here.

Also, I didn’t watch the game. What happened? A bunch of running around in the half court with spot-up jumpers?

I was rooting for Under Armour but Nike cash proved to strong

A blown call during the course of the game still gives the team affected by it the chance to do something about it on the court. A blown call during the course of the game also usually ends up evening out. In this case, the call, had it been made, would have sealed the game for Auburn. They would have went to the line and Virginia likely would have ran out of time. The two are completely different. You’re not a dummy so I’m sure you understand this and I’m not sure why you’re even trying to argue a point here.

'time to do something about it' is irrelevant when it comes to a made call or not.....the same thing happens 5 minutes into the first half and the topic never gets broached......somebody happens to notice it after watching the replay 10 times and now it's a blown call......not one player/coach realized what had happened, so it's not much of a blown call

Created On:
04/08/2019 at 08:24 PM
PICK DETAIL
04/08/2019 at 09:20 PM | WIN
[70420] VIRGINIA BY 7-9 PTS +800

Created On:
04/08/2019 at 08:22 PM
PICK DETAIL
04/08/2019 at 09:23 PM | WIN
[812] VIRGINIA -120
PICK DETAIL
[811] TOTAL o117½-140 (B+1½) (TEXAS TECH vrs VIRGINIA)

Created On:
04/08/2019 at 08:23 PM
PICK DETAIL
[812] VIRGINIA -1½-105

Created On:
04/08/2019 at 08:23 PM
PICK DETAIL
[811] TOTAL o119-110

'time to do something about it' is irrelevant when it comes to a made call or not.....the same thing happens 5 minutes into the first half and the topic never gets broached......somebody happens to notice it after watching the replay 10 times and now it's a blown call......not one player/coach realized what had happened, so it's not much of a blown call
It boggles my mind that the powers who govern sports like basketball and football now give more value to events that occur at the end of games. In football, the automatic review within the last 2 minutes perfectly demonstrates my point.
And now the NFL apparently places overweighted value on clashes between receiver and defender while marginalizing the other 10 battles simultaneously occurring on every play, battles that also affect the outcome of every play.

Such selectivity degrades these sports. The NBA lost me for a decade because of the Jordan Rule. Stars routinely were given the benefit of the doubt while JAGs were unfairly targeted to compensate for all the no-calls. Still happens. Watch Aaron Baynes get slammed all over the floor with no consequence and then get whistled up when he breezes by a star.
Managed sports......unseemly.
And now the NFL is entertaining an even more managed product.

OT: I'm thinking about assembling some investors and establishing the NFL Defenders Insurance Company which will provides comprehensive fine protection coverage for DL, LB, S, and CB's who are forced into a position of financial jeopardy on every play. NFL defenders should not have to bring their checkbook to work every Sunday.
Premium costs will be tiered and players who avoid fines for 3 consecutive games will receive significant savings.
Players can also enroll in cafeteria plans that will help with expenses associated with paternity, nightclub incidents, and various off the field criminal activity.
Note: A Ray Lewis Killed a Guy clause will be inserted in each plan to indemnify NFLDIC from all obligations resulting from crimes that involve a posse, limousines, bloodied white suits, and dead people.
Possible spokesperson: Vontaze Burfict
Potential Vontaze's jingle: "Fu*k Goodell that ***** takin my 415 large. Every NFL defender needs DIC insurance. I gotta big one"

Get in on the ground floor. Send for our free prospectus along with the $3,000 shipping and handling fee to Nigerian Royalty Trust, a Cayman Island Corporation DBA Cypress Import & Gaming, a Malta subsidiary of Slavistan Holdings.

The call that was "blown" in this case was the defender pulling on Jerome's jersey, putting him off balance going forward, that created the ball off of his foot.

The call that was "blown" in this case was the defender pulling on Jerome's jersey, putting him off balance going forward, that created the ball off of his foot.
Ah the beauty of the Internet and YouTube...

Agreed. The topic never gets broached. Because it’s earlier in the game. And each team has many, many more possessions left. It happens at that point in the game, and it effectively takes the game-sealing turnover away from one team and gives the other team that last, read that again - last, possession that they otherwise never would have had if the double dribble was correctly called. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Play Index Spotlight: Ty Jerome

Ty Jerome's combined statline in his two Final Four games ended at 37 points, 15 rebounds and 14 assists. He's the first player since Derrick Rose in 2008 to have at least 35 points, 15 rebounds and 10 assists in the Final Four. Other players Jerome joins in that club include Grant Hill, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Bill Walton and Oscar Robertson.

Agreed. The topic never gets broached. Because it’s earlier in the game. And each team has many, many more possessions left. It happens at that point in the game, and it effectively takes the game-sealing turnover away from one team and gives the other team that last, read that again - last, possession that they otherwise never would have had if the double dribble was correctly called. Thanks for agreeing with me.

There was a clear foul on Jerome before the double dribble.

Tony Bennett has now won a national title faster than Wooden (16 years), Williams (16 years), and Krzyzewski (11 years).

In the 10 years he's been at UVa, including the rebuilding years where he had little talent, here's UVa's record against UNC and Duke (which were well established by then):

UVa
4 regular season titles
2 ACCT titles
1 FF
1 Natty

UNC
4 regular season titles
1 ACCT titles
2 FF
1 Natty

Duke
No Regular season titles
3 ACCT titles
1 FF
1 Natty

Despite pundits criticizing the lack of star power, this was an excellent Final Four. Great games in both semi's, and excellent back and forth in the finals between 2 worthy teams. A really great March Madness despite some media naysayers.

in the attempt to turn for the ball, his jersey was grabbed........foul, and your point falls apart

whether or not it is 'game sealing' is irrelevant to the call being made......the first penny in a million dollars is worth as much as the last one....

nobody agreed with you......it's a really hairbrained attempt to win an argument

you are obviously going to stick to your opinion, but that's all it is

Last edited:
For fans of college sports, of great sports stories, and of UVa:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye