PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Humboldt Bronco Bus Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gronksmash

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
hey everyone. I’m not sure if this deserves its own thread or not but you may or may not have heard about the junior hockey team bus accident in Canada where now 16 people lost their lives. I am from the small province of Saskatchewan in Canada where the accident occurred and I am a huge pats fan as well.

The reason I am posting this because I just read today that one of the people that passed away was the hockey teams play by play guy Tyler Bieber, who was also an avid Patriots fan/football fan. I read today that the Patriots sent flowers to the family of Tyler Bieber and Robert Kraft personally called the family to pay his condolences. I can’t find it reported anywhere but I just want to express how classy the patriots organization is, especially Mr Kraft. To pay your respects to a small town in Canada means so much. This is an outstanding organization that we all cheer for.

Our small community has been absolutely devestated by this accident so these small gestures mean a lot. Rest In Peace.

Humboldt strong.

Our prayers go out to the players and their families.

hey everyone. I’m not sure if this deserves its own thread or not but you may or may not have heard about the junior hockey team bus accident in Canada where now 16 people lost their lives. I am from the small province of Saskatchewan in Canada where the accident occurred and I am a huge pats fan as well.

The reason I am posting this because I just read today that one of the people that passed away was the hockey teams play by play guy Tyler Bieber, who was also an avid Patriots fan/football fan. I read today that the Patriots sent flowers to the family of Tyler Bieber and Robert Kraft personally called the family to pay his condolences. I can’t find it reported anywhere but I just want to express how classy the patriots organization is, especially Mr Kraft. To pay your respects to a small town in Canada means so much. This is an outstanding organization that we all cheer for.

Our small community has been absolutely devestated by this accident so these small gestures mean a lot. Rest In Peace.

Humboldt strong.

Humboldt strong.

So sorry to hear about this unimaginable tragedy.

Just awful this transcends sports for sure...Kraft classy as always thanks for the nice note.

This was a horrible tragedy. There were many touching condolences in the NHL this past weekend, and Mr. Kraft's gesture is also very touching.

My girls put their hockey sticks outside the front door on Monday in support and remembrance. They didn’t know any of the victims personally but they do know hockey is family.

I'm from Vancouver and we are all thinking of our fellow Canadians in Humboldt. Today my daughters private elementary school who usually wear uniforms are allowed to wear green and yellow in support of the Humboldt Broncos.

Tom Cochrane is a Canadian artist most famous for the song Life is a Highway. In the late 80's he had a song called Big League which was a hit here in Canada. The song was written about a father he met at one of his shows who lost his son (a promising junior hockey player) in a car accident. Tom sang the song on TV the other night and it was emotional as can be. I'm not they crying type but my eyes were getting misty.

Big League - Tom Cochrane

When he was a kid, he'd be up at five
Take shots till eight, make the thing drive
Out after school, back on ice
That was his life, he was gonna play in the big league
The big league
Not many ways out of this cold northern town
You work in the mill and get laid in the ground
If you're gonna jump it will be with the game
Real fast and tough is the only clear lane to the big league
My boy's gonna play in the big league
My boy's gonna turn some heads
My boy's gonna knock 'em dead
The big league
All the right moves when he turned eighteen
Scholarship and school on a big u.s. team
Out with his girl near Lake Mcclean
Hit a truck doing seventy in the wrong lane
To the big league
Never can tell what might come down
Never can tell how much you get
Just don't know, no you never can tell
Sometimes at night I can hear the ice crack
It sounds like thunder and it rips through my back
Sometimes in the morning I still hear the sound
Ice meets metal...
"can't you drive me down to the big league?"
Never can tell what might come down
Never can tell when you might check out
Just don't know, no you never can tell
So do right to others like you do to yourself
In the big league

I'm from Vancouver and we are all thinking of our fellow Canadians in Humboldt. Today my daughters private elementary school who usually wear uniforms are allowed to wear green and yellow in support of the Humboldt Broncos.

Tom Cochrane is a Canadian artist most famous for the song Life is a Highway. In the late 80's he had a song called Big League which was a hit here in Canada. The song was written about a father he met at one of his shows who lost his son (a promising junior hockey player) in a car accident. Tom sang the song on TV the other night and it was emotional as can be. I'm not they crying type but my eyes were getting misty.

Thx, Boomer. Heartfelt.

I liked Red Rider's "Lunatic Fringe" (which he wrote) way way back in the day.

Thx, Boomer. Heartfelt.

I liked Red Rider's "Lunatic Fringe" (which he wrote) way way back in the day.

Ya, Lunatic Fringe is a good song, but my favourite Cochrane/Red Rider Song was White Hot.

Many years ago I spent many days riding those buses to and from and this is something that strikes home and is hard for me to get my head around.

Bless the families of these men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft