PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Big Ben upset at Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2638654

He also won't forget the crude comment made by one of the three Atlanta Falcons players who, while sacking him Sunday, apparently taunted Roethlisberger by saying he wanted to hit him in his surgically repaired face.

Someone needs to remind Ben of a few things:

1. This is football, the defensive players are PAID to hit you.

2. Football is a nasty sport and it's players say some nasty things. If you don't like it, perhaps you should switch to Tennis. Or golf. Or badmitton.

3. Letting defensive players around the league know that it bothers you to hear that kind of thing does absolutely nothing positive for you. Now they all know how to get under your skin and inside your head.

Brownfan80 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2638654

Someone needs to remind Ben of a few things:

1. This is football, the defensive players are PAID to hit you.

2. Football is a nasty sport and it's players say some nasty things. If you don't like it, perhaps you should switch to Tennis. Or golf. Or badmitton.

3. Letting defensive players around the league know that it bothers you to hear that kind of thing does absolutely nothing positive for you. Now they all know how to get under your skin and inside your head.
Well said. Although I'm not so sure about tennis .......

From ProFootballTalk.com :D

BooHooBen.jpg

Roethlisberger didn't say what was said and wouldn't say who said it, but as to the player involved he said, "I'll remember his number."

That's good, Ben. Because you won't play the Falcons again until 2010. And if you keep getting busted in the head and/or face, you'll forget the guy's number before you ever see him again.

Hilarious find Tshirt. :D

I thought that comment was weird too. What is a QB really going to do to a DL or LB? Scary. Unless he means he'll loan the defender his Hayabusa and suggest the guy ride without a helmet..

Since there was none there to begin with, opposing D linemen should take care that they're not knocking some sense into the big 'ol boy!

Let's face it, Big Ben wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree. And that was before his two recent concussions.

Brownfan80 said:

1000x yes! As a kid you learn the same thing as a part of playground rules to deal with other obnoxious kids. But, as had been widely acknowledged, Big Ben is about as dumb as a block of concrete.

I cant stand the Steelers.
Or, more importantly, Big Ben.
Or, even more importantly, Steelers fans.
:explative

Bella*chick said:
But, as had been widely acknowledged, Big Ben is about as dumb as a block of concrete.
To go from being one of the beautiful people to a cart riding Frankenstein's Monster, a culture shock to be sure. I wonder how many Defenders in his next game will be wearing face paint with stitches? For Halloween of course. :D

I believe it is time to coin a new and more accurate nick name for Benny, big Ben never cut it and was much too lazy. Dumb Benny comes to mind. Frau Blucher has some appeal. Who was the inspector with the mechanical arm in Young Frankenstein?

Box_O_Rocks said:
To go from being one of the beautiful people to a cart riding Frankenstein's Monster, a culture shock to be sure. I wonder how many Defenders in his next game will be wearing face paint with stitches? For Halloween of course. :D

I believe it is time to coin a new and more accurate nick name for Benny, big Ben never cut it and was much too lazy. Dumb Benny comes to mind. Frau Blucher has some appeal. Who was the inspector with the mechanical arm in Young Frankenstein?

As long as we don't have to spell his last name, I'm all for a new nickname.

Bella*chick said:
Then let's get rocking with some suggestions before someone uses his last name! Heh! Wait just a cotton picking minute, my last name is as bad as his! Harumph, you probably married some mild mannered Smith you could hen peck, we Teddy Bear shaped iron men with the long monickers never get the securities lawyers. :(

Ben, you chose to not wear a helmet while riding the fastest street legal motorcycle on the planet and then smashed your face through a car windshield. If he doesn't want to get taunted like that then he shouldn;t make such idiotic decisions. He's fair game.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Then let's get rocking with some suggestions before someone uses his last name! Heh! Wait just a cotton picking minute, my last name is as bad as his! Harumph, you probably married some mild mannered Smith you could hen peck, we Teddy Bear shaped iron men with the long monickers never get the securities lawyers. :(

You should see my maiden name. It's Polish. Lots of letters in there for no reason.

So I definitely am used to long, hard to spell last names. But my typing, OTOH, needs help!!!

Bella*chick said:
You should see my maiden name. It's Polish. Lots of letters in there for no reason.

So I definitely am used to long, hard to spell last names. But my typing, OTOH, needs help!!!
Mmmmm Polish!

Bella*chick said:

So Ben Injured lays on the field several minutes after getting knocked out but can remember a Falcon taunting him right after the hit? Also he remembers what was said and the player's number? And each of the Falcon tacklers deny hearing of saying anything?

Rather than Ben Injured perhaps this Drama Queen should be crowned Ben Fibbing!!!

Atanta is a bit dirty in my opinion. They took out McNabb last year with a spear by Kearney I think it was.

Last edited:
MrBigglesWorth said:
Atanta is a bit dirty in my opinion. They took out McNabb last year with a spear by Kearney I think it was.
Yeah, their dirty chop-blocking illegitimate hatchlings on offense, but Carface has been known to make "creative" remarks to excuse his poor performance.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Yeah, their dirty chop-blocking illegitimate hatchlings on offense, but Carface has been known to make "creative" remarks to excuse his poor performance.

Carface is it. That's my nickname for him.

That is AWESOME.

Bella*chick said:
Carface is it. That's my nickname for him.

That is AWESOME.
Harumph, just because you want to get your ankles elevated instead of digging through some dusty tomes for another nickname option. ;)

Edit: I wonder if it's permitted to bring car horns to an NFL game to honk at ol' Carface?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST