PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Old Testament reasons for Jews to believe in Jesus

Thank you Shmessy. For the record, I said I grew up with alcoholic parents. I didnt use the dramatic word "horrific". I guess it made a better contrast for you in comparing it to your "wonderful, nurturing, loving family who always encouraged me" family.

also, for the record, it didnt take finding Jesus for me to "escape" the "horrific" situation. I had been living a pretty happy life for about 19 years, with a belief in God, before I came to realize that there was even more. I wasnt desperatley seeking Christ. But He sought me out and made himself known to me when the time was right. And at a time, I found out later, when many people were praying for me.

I thank the Lord they did, and that they kept talking to me about Christ. Because Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

Im glad you are happy and content, Shmessy. And I hear, and have heard your "No, Thank You." So unless you feel a need to keep responding to me, I wont be addressing myself to you personally. My posts will be my posts, nothing to do with you, and it'll be clear to both of us that you have definatly said "No, thank you"

3 to be 4 said:
I dont "insist" you discuss anything, PFIV, so your analogy is ridiculous.

the "story" you describe, is not in the scripture, so its irrelevant. If it was in Hebrew Scripture then we could have a fruitful discussion.

The "story" I describe is -- I would hope, at least -- an objectionable scenario to you, which is all that is required.

Your attempts to torture Hebrew scripture into your newly acquired Christian world-view are similarly objectionable to me.

It is not Christianity that is objectionable. It is the need of the prosyletizer to take the Christian reading of the new testament, and present it to me as salvation, regardless of the fact that I have greater knowledge of that document, and then to lecture me on which kinds of Jews are the best from the point of view of a Christian convert.

In other words, the fact that you and your linked source are adept at distorting Jewish scripture ex post facto in support of your own religion, is fine in your own church, or your discussions among yourselves. When you push that view on me, you need to know NOT that I refute it, but that your presumption is, in fact, ugly and invasive.

that you compare me with a Nazi is ridiculous. "ugly" "fanatic" very nice. very nice.

Your speech is objectionable. A Nazi's speech is objectionable. Your speech is still constitutionally protected. A Nazi's speech is constitutionally protected.

And that is all I have said. You mentally supplied the conclusion of the syllogism; its terms are perfectly arranged, and the similitude is in no way disparaging to either you or the Nazis. One has to look external to my argument to make such a judgment.

Again, look into the practice of logic, 3. From the Greek, Logos. You should like it, if we're to believe the author of the Gospel attributed to John.

And I have given my reasons why, based on the old Testament, I believe I AM practicing Judaism. Now, 99% of Jews may disagree, and that is their right. And that is your right.

Then you're aware, I'm sure, of early church decisions specifically to purge "Judaizers" and their ideas, and to consciously disconnect from the Jewish faith? There has been a separate history from very soon after the life of Jesus onward. You were born to Jewish parents, and have converted to Christianity. Check one, column A or column B. You can believe that you are practicing tibetan buddhism, that you can fly, or that you must wear a tinfoil helmet to protect your mind from alien satellites. It does not make it true.

By the way, if you wish to distinguish yourself as a "JudeoChristian" or something among your christian friends, that is your business. But you are no longer practicing Judaism by practicing Christianity.

Let me give a counterexample: In the bible, Aaronite priesthood is first established in (IIRC,) Leviticus. However, the Zadokite priests replace them in David's time. The tradition of the two southern tribes (Judah) is that this is in retribution for Aaronite sins. The Northern tribes (Israel) only accepted the Aaronite priests. Hence we have a tug-of-war when Israel has been destroyed in the 700s by the Assyrians, and Judah still stands. Many Samaritans/Israelites(in the narrow 10 tribe sense,) come to Judah and meld in. Their tradition too finds its way into the holy books. So, we lurch back and forth between doublets and triplets coming from different traditions.

Fast forward: there are today some 30,000 Samaritans in Israel, who can easily claim, from the earliest authority in their own version of the Torah, or even from my own version of the Torah, that their "Samaritanism" is the proper way to worship Adonai, and they can suppport it with the Hebrew scriptures. Indeed, their claim would be much more relevant, because they did not twist the idea of the messiah, or monotheism, or the Shema, or any other core Jewish concept to get from point A to point B. They are simply from the "Other" half of the divided monarchy.

Samaritans, although closer to Jews by creed than Christians (having only historical rather than doctrinal differences,) are still not Jews (although some see them as a sect within Judaism), and vice versa.

And your opening sentence is quite puzzling to me. Who said anyone is or should be afraid of me?? I said that I wasnt afraid to discuss any religious topic. How do you get that from that?

You imply that others are afraid to discuss a religious topic. Basically, nobody is afraid of you, as I said. You are, rather, disgusting.

Frankly, im a little surprised that some of you are all so rattled by a guy posting some challenges to conventional wisdom, with scripture behind it no less. So rattled that your venom just oozes out toward me personally.

Nobody is rattled by you either, 3. I am, rather, disgusted by you.

So much for intellectual freedom. And like in politics, when you dont have an answer, destroy.

I have many answers, but you have no ability to hear them, as you have made clear over and over again. You ask disingenuous questions, which are all meant to lead to your own answer. I have plenty of specific particular answers for you and your little web page, but do not believe such "disputation" is the appropriate response to such a patently absurd proposition, that others must reexamine their religion, while yours is the absolute truth and cannot therefore be challenged by exterior interpretations.

I can take the name calling, if you feel you must do that. Jesus took on much worse. And he told his followers that if they were to follow him, they would be hated too.

Well, that's the way the author wrote it several decades after his death, huh? Of course, Jesus, by contrast, thought he was coming back, and advised his men not to fight (or, convert) the authorities even as they arrested him, so secure was he that he'd return in glory by the end of the lives of those he spoke to. In the trials mentioned in the gospels, he was deafeningly silent. Doesn't sound like a prosyletizer to me. Or maybe he was, to alcoholics but not to kings and high priests? That is, of course, if the trials even happened.

Any way, Jesus never did make it back, so his followers had to delay the parousia, and create a church to teach about this future return. The Paulines were the great proselytizers. This much is known history.

Yes, they knew the practice is inherently disrespecful. Yes, they knew it ruffled people to have their beliefs disregarded, gainsaid, reexamined, what have you, while the prosyletizer insists on his own creed being the unassailable truth. Yes, they knew they'd end up getting killed for it. And they had Jesus say as much, when they got around to writing the gospels.

That Romans are draconian, does not mean that prosyletizers are not annoying and disrespectful.

I have no intent to "call names". I simply call a spade a spade. I don't think there's a word here that is specifically calculated as "name calling." I have, rather, laid out in terms as plain as I can make them, an argument you continue to refuse to consider, despite your claim to intellectual integrity in regard to your proselytizing.

PFnV

Last edited:
PatsFanInVa said:
The "story" I describe is -- I would hope, at least -- an objectionable scenario to you, which is all that is required.

Your attempts to torture Hebrew scripture into your newly acquired Christian world-view are similarly objectionable to me.

It is not Christianity that is objectionable. It is the need of the prosyletizer to take the Christian reading of the new testament, and present it to me as salvation, regardless of the fact that I have greater knowledge of that document, and then to lecture me on which kinds of Jews are the best from the point of view of a Christian convert.

In other words, the fact that you and your linked source are adept at distorting Jewish scripture ex post facto in support of your own religion, is fine in your own church, or your discussions among yourselves. When you push that view on me, you need to know NOT that I refute it, but that your presumption is, in fact, ugly and invasive.

Your speech is objectionable. A Nazi's speech is objectionable. Your speech is still constitutionally protected. A Nazi's speech is constitutionally protected.

And that is all I have said. You mentally supplied the conclusion of the syllogism; its terms are perfectly arranged, and the similitude is in no way disparaging to either you or the Nazis. One has to look external to my argument to make such a judgment.

Again, look into the practice of logic, 3. From the Greek, Logos. You should like it, if we're to believe the author of the Gospel attributed to John.

Then you're aware, I'm sure, of early church decisions specifically to purge "Judaizers" and their ideas, and to consciously disconnect from the Jewish faith? There has been a separate history from very soon after the life of Jesus onward. You were born to Jewish parents, and have converted to Christianity. Check one, column A or column B. You can believe that you are practicing tibetan buddhism, that you can fly, or that you must wear a tinfoil helmet to protect your mind from alien satellites. It does not make it true.

By the way, if you wish to distinguish yourself as a "JudeoChristian" or something among your christian friends, that is your business. But you are no longer practicing Judaism by practicing Christianity.

Let me give a counterexample: In the bible, Aaronite priesthood is first established in (IIRC,) Leviticus. However, the Zadokite priests replace them in David's time. The tradition of the two southern tribes (Judah) is that this is in retribution for Aaronite sins. The Northern tribes (Israel) only accepted the Aaronite priests. Hence we have a tug-of-war when Israel has been destroyed in the 700s by the Assyrians, and Judah still stands. Many Samaritans/Israelites(in the narrow 10 tribe sense,) come to Judah and meld in. Their tradition too finds its way into the holy books. So, we lurch back and forth between doublets and triplets coming from different traditions.

Fast forward: there are today some 30,000 Samaritans in Israel, who can easily claim, from the earliest authority in their own version of the Torah, or even from my own version of the Torah, that their "Samaritanism" is the proper way to worship Adonai, and they can suppport it with the Hebrew scriptures. Indeed, their claim would be much more relevant, because they did not twist the idea of the messiah, or monotheism, or the Shema, or any other core Jewish concept to get from point A to point B. They are simply from the "Other" half of the divided monarchy.

Samaritans, although closer to Jews by creed than Christians (having only historical rather than doctrinal differences,) are still not Jews (although some see them as a sect within Judaism), and vice versa.

You imply that others are afraid to discuss a religious topic. Basically, nobody is afraid of you, as I said. You are, rather, disgusting.

Nobody is rattled by you either, 3. I am, rather, disgusted by you.

I have many answers, but you have no ability to hear them, as you have made clear over and over again. You ask disingenuous questions, which are all meant to lead to your own answer. I have plenty of specific particular answers for you and your little web page, but do not believe such "disputation" is the appropriate response to such a patently absurd proposition, that others must reexamine their religion, while yours is the absolute truth and cannot therefore be challenged by exterior interpretations.

Well, that's the way the author wrote it several decades after his death, huh? Of course, Jesus, by contrast, thought he was coming back, and advised his men not to fight (or, convert) the authorities even as they arrested him, so secure was he that he'd return in glory by the end of the lives of those he spoke to. In the trials mentioned in the gospels, he was deafeningly silent. Doesn't sound like a prosyletizer to me. Or maybe he was, to alcoholics but not to kings and high priests? That is, of course, if the trials even happened.

Any way, Jesus never did make it back, so his followers had to delay the parousia, and create a church to teach about this future return. The Paulines were the great proselytizers. This much is known history.

Yes, they knew the practice is inherently disrespecful. Yes, they knew it ruffled people to have their beliefs disregarded, gainsaid, reexamined, what have you, while the prosyletizer insists on his own creed being the unassailable truth. Yes, they knew they'd end up getting killed for it. And they had Jesus say as much, when they got around to writing the gospels.

That Romans are draconian, does not mean that prosyletizers are not annoying and disrespectful.

I have no intent to "call names". I simply call a spade a spade. I don't think there's a word here that is specifically calculated as "name calling." I have, rather, laid out in terms as plain as I can make them, an argument you continue to refuse to consider, despite your claim to intellectual integrity in regard to your proselytizing.

PFnV

I have considered it, and i dont agree. The same way you have considered mine, and dont agree. Isnt it Wonderful?

Have a great day. Jesus Loves You.

I have been told, by more than one Jewish person on this board, that I, as a Jew who believes in ************, should not discuss why I believe so much in the God that I love.

I present the following:

"I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me..."

If one is Jewish, I would assume, the Ten Commandments are something to follow.

If its ok in our society, or even on this board, to talk non stop about the New England Patriots, but talk of God is "personal" and we mustnt "offend" anyone with talk of it, arent we, in fact, practicing idolatry by making the Patriots, or anything else this society has decided to blather about ( American Idol, Jennifer, Brad, money, etc..) into an idol we are putting in front of God?

This has nothing to do with discussion of the diety of ************. I am talking to believers of God, be it Jewish, Christian, Muslim, anything. To you believers of your God out there.......how do you reconcile this demand that God remain "personal" and shouldnt be talked about ( or get accused of, whats the word that starts with a P, PFIV?) with what is said in the first of the Ten Commandments Moses brought down from the mountain?

Im hoping to get an answer that has an intelligent response, instead of the tired old cry of Anti-Semitism, which would reveal more about the accuser than the accused.

3tobe4 wrote: "If its ok in our society, or even on this board, to talk non stop about the New England Patriots, but talk of God is "personal" and we mustnt "offend" anyone with talk of it, arent we, in fact, practicing idolatry by making the Patriots, or anything else this society has decided to blather about ( American Idol, Jennifer, Brad, money, etc..) into an idol we are putting in front of God?"

I'm so sorry, my bad. You're right, unending talk about the Patriots on this site is awful and I condemn it.

I didn't know the name of this website was Christfans.com.

shmessy said:
3tobe4 wrote: "If its ok in our society, or even on this board, to talk non stop about the New England Patriots, but talk of God is "personal" and we mustnt "offend" anyone with talk of it, arent we, in fact, practicing idolatry by making the Patriots, or anything else this society has decided to blather about ( American Idol, Jennifer, Brad, money, etc..) into an idol we are putting in front of God?"

I'm so sorry, my bad. You're right, unending talk about the Patriots on this site is awful and I condemn it.

I didn't know the name of this website was Christfans.com.

diverting the question again, Shmessy. I never said it was "awful to talk about the Patriots" on a Patsfan website.

YOU said God was personal. And im bringing up an example. Tell me in the 10 commandments where God says you are only supposed to talk about God here but not here. Tell me where its ok to talk to other about football non stop but its offensive to talk of God.

And IF there are places that you NEVER talk about God, how do you reconcile that with God. Are there things in your life more important than God?

If so, isnt that breaking the commandments of your God. And this is not a question that is about "Christianity" Its directed at all people who say they have a faith, then proceeed to put it second or third or fourth or fifteenth in their life, and then tell someone who puts it first that they "are a marketer" or worse because they challenge you about it.

I think there is a reason you and PFIV keep answering me. Im definatly ticking you both off. I think im challenging you guys. Im sure im making you think. You certainly make ME think, and in the long run, im a better person for it. Im GLAD you guys challenged me on the Private messenging issue!
I needed to be called out for that. When i reacted out of fear and did that, I wasnt thinking of advancing Gods Kingdom, I was thinking of myself.
these are choices we all make EVERY day, Christian or non-Christian. And you guys use it against me, cause its all you have. Make yourself perfect, make me into a serial killer, and you dont have this guy challenging you anymore.

So, men ( and women) of faith out there. Where do you place God in your life? Do you tell him to wait outside when the game is on? What do you put ahead of God? Money? Relationships? Sports?
go to church or temple, look good, and then bury him. And act all disgusted when someone suggest that maybe the priorities are a tad off?

God deserves our attention. He deserves to be first. And honored everywhere. If it buried, if it is kept to yourself because its "personal", who are you worshipping? Is it God. or is it you?

Whatever your answer is, remember, this life is a gone in a blink of an eye.

Good game today.

3 to be 4 said:
So, men ( and women) of faith out there. Where do you place God in your life? Do you tell him to wait outside when the game is on? What do you put ahead of God? Money? Relationships? Sports?
go to church or temple, look good, and then bury him. And act all disgusted when someone suggest that maybe the priorities are a tad off?

God deserves our attention. He deserves to be first. And honored everywhere. If it buried, if it is kept to yourself because its "personal", who are you worshipping? Is it God. or is it you?

So to sum up the above quote from you, we shouldn't be here on this messageboard discussing football because we should be on a messageboard discussing God?

And we shouldn't be watching the game, because we should be reading the bible or having a discussion with God?

And I shouldnt' go to work and concentrate on the work I am being paid for, because that would be putting my job and money before God?

I can clearly see you devote your life to God.........and that is great. But I don't thing YOU should be deciding how and when the rest of us that believe in God and Jesus should be spending on our "God-time" for the week.

I am thankful every morning for just being alive, and I thank God for blessing me with another day on Earth........I had emergency surgery in January for a hole in my intestine.......one of those things that if I had ignored the horrible pain for one more day, I probably would have died. God knows where we stand.

I don't need to go on FOOTBALL message board every day to prove to everyone else that I have a relationship with God. Or worse, playing the role of a martyr.

Last edited:
3tobe4: I think there is a reason you and PFIV keep answering me. Im definatly ticking you both off.
_________

Shmessy: Great, so you intend to be the Howard Stern or Anne Coulter of religion, pardon us if we don't find that deeply credible. No doubt (from those two examples and many others like them) creating controversy, and "getting alot of eyeballs on it" is very successful marketing, but pardon me if it doesn't engender deep respect from others.

3tobe4: Im GLAD you guys challenged me on the Private messenging issue!
I needed to be called out for that. When i reacted out of fear and did that, I wasnt thinking of advancing Gods Kingdom, I was thinking of myself.
__________________-

Shmessy: You STILL don't get it! Here, you regret transgressions as not "thinking of advancing God's Kingdom". How about a little regret for on multiple occasions hurting a HUMAN BEING (put aside "God's Kingdom for just a moment) who is grieving over the murder of his fiancee? If you, for a moment, take your gaze away from the heavens, you may discover there are people all around you who should be respected also.

3tobe4: these are choices we all make EVERY day, Christian or non-Christian. And you guys use it against me, cause its all you have. Make yourself perfect, make me into a serial killer, and you dont have this guy challenging you anymore.

Shmessy: "Serial Killer"???? And you're expecting people to trust the veracity of what you say?

3tobe4: So, men ( and women) of faith out there. Where do you place God in your life? Do you tell him to wait outside when the game is on? What do you put ahead of God? Money? Relationships? Sports?

Shmessy: Hey, 3tobe4! Have you heard the "Good News"? There's actually a Government that reflects that very yearning! It was deposed, but is fighting right now as we speak to regain its rule.

It's called The Taliban.

Nikki said:
So to sum up the above quote from you, we shouldn't be here on this messageboard discussing football because we should be on a messageboard discussing God?

And we shouldn't be watching the game, because we should be reading the bible or having a discussion with God?

And I shouldnt' go to work and concentrate on the work I am being paid for, because that would be putting my job and money before God?

I can clearly see you devote your life to God.........and that is great. But I don't thing YOU should be deciding how and when the rest of us that believe in God and Jesus should be spending on our "God-time" for the week.

I am thankful every morning for just being alive, and I thank God for blessing me with another day on Earth........I had emergency surgery in January for a hole in my intestine.......one of those things that if I had ignored the horrible pain for one more day, I probably would have died. God knows where we stand.

I don't need to go on FOOTBALL message board every day to prove to everyone else that I have a relationship with God. Or worse, playing the role of a martyr.

can you read, Nikki?

Why cant you grasp a simple concept without turning it into an exaggeration that was NEVER said? Its great to love football. to love your job. love your family. post on football messageboards. WHEN did I say it wasnt ok?

What I said was, once again, that those things shouldnt be a priority over God.

And when people of faith say "God is personal" and shouldnt be talked about here or there, I am saying, where in your scripture of choice does it say that is ok? Because the first commandment is clear on this. Nothing comes before the Lord.

So of course, enjoy your life. But this "keep your God personal and to yourself" stuff goes against not only my faith, it goes against the readings of every religion out there.

Dont turn this into a "3 to be 4 says you cant talk about football" thing, which it NEVER was.

You said "God knows where we stand". do you mean "we" in general? or your family? Does he know where YOU stand. And if so, I came clean about how i shouldnt have done what i did a few weeks back on this board (im NOT going to say the details again, lets let the poor guy have some peace)

but since youve been pretty hard on me for some things you dont know the whole story about, im going to challenge you.

If you go to church every week and listen to Father Nickolas i assume you have a love for ************. Isnt that a fair assumption? If so, and if His commandments say we are to put nothing before Him, do you agree or disagree that there are places that God should be told to sit outside because "this is more important. after all, its the Patriots."?

Do you know what God did for us? How do you reconcile coming onto a thread where a fellow Christian is asking if others want to accept ************ as their Lord and Savior, and make a joke about stripping, with being a person that you say you are, that loves God so much she goes to church every week, listens to the Priest etc etc.

And not only that, never even apologize for that. You basically dissed the idea of Salvation. And you judge me.

************ died for us, took away our sin, took our punishment, and you disrupt a call to Salvation.

then continue on and judge. Being a Christian is more than punching in your time clock at church. And before you start in on me again, this isnt about what you ever said about me, its about how you disrespected your own supposed Lord and Savior. And if He isnt your Lord and Savior, whats this church stuff all about?

God is to be honored. I might have done a stinkin thing to another person. And I apologize for that. But you did a disservice to Jesus. And bte, if you are so good with God, why would videos praising Jesus bother you?

Just some things for you to think about and pray about. It would be a waste of time for you to respond to me. The person I think you need to talk to tonight is a little more important.

3tobe4 wrote (to Nikki): "You basically dissed the idea of Salvation. And you judge me."

Actually, 3, she was not dissing THE idea of Salvation. She was dissing YOUR idea of Salvation......and then YOU judged HER right back.

(sorry for speaking on your behalf, Nikki, but I couldn't resist - - it was just a lazy fastball down the plate).

3 to be 4 said:
can you read, Nikki?.

No, I can't. But I am faking it pretty well aren't I.

3 to be 4 said:
You said "God knows where we stand". do you mean "we" in general? or your family? Does he know where YOU stand. And if so, I came clean about how i shouldnt have done what i did a few weeks back on this board (im NOT going to say the details again, lets let the poor guy have some peace)

When I said "we".....I meant God and I. Not making assumptions about anyone else's relationship with God.

3 to be 4 said:
but since youve been pretty hard on me for some things you dont know the whole story about, im going to challenge you.

I have been hard on you? I am the biggest fluff poster on this website. For you to think I have been hard on you is a frightening thought.

3 to be 4 said:
And not only that, never even apologize for that. You basically dissed the idea of Salvation. And you judge me.

I made a joke about stripping........you made fun of someone that was murdered. Can't even come CLOSE to comparing the two.

3 to be 4 said:
Just some things for you to think about and pray about. It would be a waste of time for you to respond to me. The person I think you need to talk to tonight is a little more important.

I responded because you annoy the hell out of.

BTW.......anyone that really cared about religion, wouldn't be finding their inspirations from a website that also includes clips of such things as the "Gay Weatherman vs Bug" or "Ghost Whip Riding Train" or "Crazy Grape Stomping Lady". I will stick with the Bible for my religious epiphanies.

shmessy said:
3tobe4 wrote (to Nikki): "You basically dissed the idea of Salvation. And you judge me."

Actually, 3, she was not dissing THE idea of Salvation. She was dissing YOUR idea of Salvation......and then YOU judged HER right back.

(sorry for speaking on your behalf, Nikki, but I couldn't resist - - it was just a lazy fastball down the plate).

You may speak for me whenever you want to when this dude is involved!

I will stick with the Bible for my religious epiphanies.[/QUOTE]

you made a joke about stripping to interupt an invitation to accept Christ. that is an insult to Christ.

I didnt make a joke about the murder victim, it was aimed at people who eat at Old Country Buffet. Every person on this board at one tinme or another in their lives has made a joke about something they have seen on the news that maybe involved the misfortune of others. The only difference was, in this case, it was read by someone directly affected by it. You hypocrites.

I was then pursued by this person in creepy PM's. finally, it unnerved me, and i handled it badly. I didnt post all the ones he sent me. I dont even have proof he was really the guy. I do know he wanted money.

so, im done with this whole stupid situation you know nothing about. At worst, i hurt an human being. YOU disrespected your God and got in the way of what could have been a moment of Salvation for somebody else.

Shmessy defends you, but He doesnt believe in Christ. You supposedly do.

What chapter in your Bible deals with Stripping, interupting Salvation calls, or trying to tell us like a 16 year old somebody called you hot in a PM.

You are worse than PFIV and Shmessy because you go through the religious motions of Christianity and you have no clue about a relationship with a Lord you have YET to call by name in any of your posts or give glory to. You can go to all the services you want, gives us the name of your Priest, in means nothing if ************ isnt first and foremost in your life and by your responses its clear where your priorities are.

Nikki, if it's any comfort, distortion-field quoting is this guy's stock in trade. Just got done with a an "untangling" of one of his slanders over on my "CAUTION..." thread. There are a few others in there, but it's just what he does. He's also incapable of understanding the thread just explains what the unwary may find here; it is not about him.

3, you misrepresent others for the sake of your idea of God. You claim you are unable to understand others' posts until they are dumbed down, then distort even the dumbed down posts, then wax vitriolic whether your "adversary" is more or less eloquent than yourself, and pretty much universally "judge" them as insufficient on "speck of dust" grounds, when there is almost invariably a "beam" in your own eye.

I made mention that proselytizers had approached me pretty much en masse when I was young, and you lied again, twisting that into some pop-psych fantasy to uphold your new "belief" that I am a "bully," and had been "bullied" myself. Well, 3, I am not a bully. I am just a good deal smarter than you, and you take that as bullying. I would think you'd be used to that by now.

Neither am I a Christian, nor do I believe Christianity to be the "true faith." It's fine with me that others do. One thing I cannot imagine, however, is that God would want us all to behave as you do -- harassing the surviving loved ones of murder victims, for example.

As I've said, you disgust me. You should not find that strong language; it is a simple statement of fact. I doubt I am alone in this.

I figure, I'll go ahead and bump your little egothon up a peg, since it's already up there today. I personally hope these all die of being ignored. It's the personal bickering that's the draw, not God. And your crowing about your beliefs are pretty clearly tied much more to your ego than to God himself. But that's just my personal opinion; I think God's a "still small voice," not a guy pounding a Bible.

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
Nikki, if it's any comfort, distortion-field quoting is this guy's stock in trade. Just got done with a an "untangling" of one of his slanders over on my "CAUTION..." thread. There are a few others in there, but it's just what he does. He's also incapable of understanding the thread just explains what the unwary may find here; it is not about him.

3, you misrepresent others for the sake of your idea of God. You claim you are unable to understand others' posts until they are dumbed down, then distort even the dumbed down posts, then wax vitriolic whether your "adversary" is more or less eloquent than yourself, and pretty much universally "judge" them as insufficient on "speck of dust" grounds, when there is almost invariably a "beam" in your own eye.

I made mention that proselytizers had approached me pretty much en masse when I was young, and you lied again, twisting that into some pop-psych fantasy to uphold your new "belief" that I am a "bully," and had been "bullied" myself. Well, 3, I am not a bully. I am just a good deal smarter than you, and you take that as bullying. I would think you'd be used to that by now.

Neither am I a Christian, nor do I believe Christianity to be the "true faith." It's fine with me that others do. One thing I cannot imagine, however, is that God would want us all to behave as you do -- harassing the surviving loved ones of murder victims, for example.

As I've said, you disgust me. You should not find that strong language; it is a simple statement of fact. I doubt I am alone in this.

I figure, I'll go ahead and bump your little egothon up a peg, since it's already up there today. I personally hope these all die of being ignored. It's the personal bickering that's the draw, not God. And your crowing about your beliefs are pretty clearly tied much more to your ego than to God himself. But that's just my personal opinion; I think God's a "still small voice," not a guy pounding a Bible.

PFnV

in your case, im sure its very very quiet voice. You disgust me as well.

3tobe4...........I forgive you for all the mean thoughts and things you have written about me, because I am a good Catholic. At my next confession, I will be sure to mention to the Priest that I made a joke about a stripper. Hopefully 5 Hail Mary's and 6 Our Father's will cover it.

Nikki said:
3tobe4...........I forgive you for all the mean thoughts and things you have written about me, because I am a good Catholic. At my next confession, I will be sure to mention to the Priest that I made a joke about a stripper. Hopefully 5 Hail Mary's and 6 Our Father's will cover it.

thats great Nikki, except the Priest isnt God, ************ is. You might want to go there first.

I forgive you to, for all the mean thoughts and things you have written about me, because God forgave me for being a sinner when I accepted His Son. therefore, I have no right to not forgive others. I believe you mean well and im sorry this has gotten out of hand.

I also forgive PVIF for his slander of me.

3 to be 4 said:
thats great Nikki, except the Priest isnt God, ************ is. You might want to go there first.

I forgive you to, for all the mean thoughts and things you have written about me, because God forgave me for being a sinner when I accepted His Son. therefore, I have no right to not forgive others. I believe you mean well and im sorry this has gotten out of hand.

That's interesting, because I didn't slander you. I'm also not a fan of either projection, which you are exhibiting, nor of instant and insincere forgiveness. This just adds up to "I forgive you too, Nikki, because you're F'd up, and because I F'd up, I'll say PFnV F'd up, and forgive him for my sin."

Bear in mind you have lied in God's name, 3, as regards me, and you continue to do so. You can say what you want here. This board is no more God than a priest is; nor is your image in your mirror. You know what you did. I don't give a damn whether or not we are treated to another of your displays of self-flagellation. You quite simply have to examine your own behavior, prior to getting any credence from anyone who watches you for any length of time.

As to God's opinion of you, I have no idea, nor do I claim to. I somehow doubt he likes what you do, but then, I am sure your idea of God pats you on the back and says "right on!" when you lie to create a straw man, in the name of one of your facile arguments.

Your hypocrisy is becoming legendary. Of course, my idea of God thinks that is very, very cool. So maybe all this is according to plan.

PFnV

Last edited:
3tobe4 is just spreadin' the sunshine!

3 to be 4 said:

Oh man, I really didn't want to get into this, but, actually the priest is God in confession.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back