PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Old Testament reasons for Jews to believe in Jesus

You didnt know dat, did you?

It's good to be alive. The birds (cardinals, finches, and a huge blue jay) outside my window this morning where singing like crazy. They knew it was going to be a great day. I've got my large coffee and I even skipped the donuts this morning. What a great day to be alive. I'm sitting at the computer having just read through the daily baseball and football transactions from yesterday on espn.com and now I'm logged in here. Outside, the great dane that lives next door is peeing on a large oak tree. It's a dang yellow flood. The dog's the size of a pony. My cat, who shall remain nameless, doesn't know it's a dog, in fact she's not sure what it is. She's sleeping on 'Nine Stories.' I re-read it every year; I think you should read your favorite books again as a matter of ritual because they're as much a part of you as reading the sports page every morning. Anywho, I decided to respond to this thread because of the part in the story, 'For Esme - with Love and Squalor' where the protagonist is trying to explain his current mental state. He quotes Dostoevski's description of Hell (that it is the suffering of being unable to love). And there you are.

3 to 4, Jesus and/or any religion is an answer or guide through life if you need them. And all the showing and preaching pales in comparison to the real thing. And if you do need something more just remember a few BB quotes like
'it is what it is' or 'you are what you are' or my favorite, 'Football is a game where everybody gets knocked down sooner or later—usually sooner. Then you get up and then you get knocked down again.'

Have a great day and when you get knocked down, get up. And when you see someone else get knocked down, help them up.

Clonamery said:
It's good to be alive. The birds (cardinals, finches, and a huge blue jay) outside my window this morning where singing like crazy. They knew it was going to be a great day. I've got my large coffee and I even skipped the donuts this morning. What a great day to be alive. I'm sitting at the computer having just read through the daily baseball and football transactions from yesterday on espn.com and now I'm logged in here. Outside, the great dane that lives next door is peeing on a large oak tree. It's a dang yellow flood. The dog's the size of a pony. My cat, who shall remain nameless, doesn't know it's a dog, in fact she's not sure what it is. She's sleeping on 'Nine Stories.' I re-read it every year; I think you should read your favorite books again as a matter of ritual because they're as much a part of you as reading the sports page every morning. Anywho, I decided to respond to this thread because of the part in the story, 'For Esme - with Love and Squalor' where the protagonist is trying to explain his current mental state. He quotes Dostoevski's description of Hell (that it is the suffering of being unable to love). And there you are.

3 to 4, Jesus and/or any religion is an answer or guide through life if you need them. And all the showing and preaching pales in comparison to the real thing. And if you do need something more just remember a few BB quotes like
'it is what it is' or 'you are what you are' or my favorite, 'Football is a game where everybody gets knocked down sooner or later—usually sooner. Then you get up and then you get knocked down again.'

Have a great day and when you get knocked down, get up. And when you see someone else get knocked down, help them up.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and respond. You are absolutely right, its more important to help someone up than to talk about it. But if there was poor section in Oklahoma or Arkansas, or in the streets of Kansas City, i think id take my chances that my pastor and those of us from our local church would move in a lot faster than Bill Belichick. Great football coach and all but.........

3 to be 4 said:
Thank you for taking the time to read, and respond. You are absolutely right, its more important to help someone up than to talk about it. But if there was poor section in Oklahoma or Arkansas, or in the streets of Kansas City, i think id take my chances that my pastor and those of us from our local church would move in a lot faster than Bill Belichick. Great football coach and all but.........

Actually, sweetheart, I was really saying different strokes for different folks and the help gets there either way.

But thanks for trying.....

Clonamery said:
Actually, sweetheart, I was really saying different strokes for different folks and the help gets there either way.

But thanks for trying.....

You are very welcome.
It used to annoy me when people said it, but whether you believe it or not, Jesus loves you.

3 to be 4 said:
Jesus loves you.

Thank you for the good thoughts, but that may only be your opinion. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Clonamery said:
Thank you for the good thoughts, but that may only be your opinion. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Its not MY opinion. Its in the most scutinized and authenticated book ever written. Jesus loves you.

3 to be 4 said:
Its not MY opinion. Its in the most scutinized and authenticated book ever written. Jesus loves you.

OK, since he seems to have plenty enough to go around....

3 to be 4 said:

I think I like this "3 to be 4" guy! That sounds exactly like something I'd say;) Take care CPF

NEM said:
Actually, most of it has been debunked more often than proven.

And, there are books that were written that have been hidden in the catacombs of the Vatican by the Catholic Church....

and the debunking has all been debunked. Are you talking the DaVinci Code stuff by Dan Brown? Hes a great author, but its a story.

the supposed "Gospels" that were written years after? The "Mona Lisa" code? of course, DaVinci himself never called his painting that, but lets not get facts in the way.

Now THAT'S the stuff! Thank you NEM, that changed my life.

If you have any more of those verses, I'm like a thirsty desert wanderer dreaming of this water.............

NEM said:
CONTINUATION

Queen Helene demanded, on threat of a severe penalty, that the body of Yeshu be shown to her within a period of three days. There was a great distress. When the keeper of the garden saw Rabbi Tanhuma walking in the field and lamenting over the ultimatum of the Queen, the gardener related what he had done, in order that Yeshu's followers should not steal the body and then claim that he had ascended into heaven. The Sages removed the body, tied it to the tail of a horse and transported it to the Queen, with the words, "This is Yeshu who is said to have ascended to heaven." Realizing that Yeshu was a false prophet who enticed the people and led them astray, she mocked the followers but praised the Sages.

The disciples went out among the nations--three went to the mountains of Ararat, three to Armenia, three to Rome and three to the kingdoms buy the sea, They deluded the people, but ultimately they were slain.

The erring followers amongst Israel said: "You have slain the Messiah of the Lord." The Israelites answered: "You have believed in a false prophet." There was endless strife and discord for thirty years.

The Sages desired to separate from Israel those who continued to claim Yeshu as the Messiah, and they called upon a greatly learned man, Simeon Kepha, for help. Simeon went to Antioch, main city of the Nazarenes and proclaimed toe them: "I am the disciple of Yeshu. He has sent me to show you the way. I will give you a sign as Yeshu has done."

Simeon, having gained the secret of the Ineffable Name, healed a leper and a lame man by means of it and thus found acceptance as a true disciple. He told them that Yeshu was in heaven, at the right hand of his Father, in fulfillment of Psalm 110:1. He added that Yeshu desired that they separate themselves from the Jews and no longer follow their practices, as Isaiah had said, "Your new moons and your feasts my soul abhorreth." They were now to observe the first day of the week instead of the seventh, the Resurrection instead of the Passover, the Ascension into Heaven instead of the Feast of Weeks, the finding of the Cross instead of the New Year, the Feast of the Circumcision instead of the Day of Atonement, the New Year instead of Chanukah; they were to be indifferent with regard to circumcision and the dietary laws. Also they were to follow the teaching of turning the right if smitten on the left and the meek acceptance of suffering. All these new ordinances which Simeon Kepha (or Paul, as he was known to the Nazarenes) taught them were really meant to separate these Nazarenes from the people of Israel and to bring the internal strife to an end.

Good read. please go on.

logic would tell me that if you buy into all that, then Schmessy and NEM, you are both Orthodox Jews? Mozeltov!

3 to be 4 said:
logic would tell me that if you buy into all that, then Schmessy and NEM, you are both Orthodox Jews? Mozeltov!

I'm not Orthodox, but I am a Jew. And I will never proselytize to you. My religious belief is inside me and strong. It is not force fed by someone tirelessly campaigning. Debating someone to submit to your paradigm does not result in a true believer. It must come from inside, not outside.

Furthermore, in another thread you write that in the past 3 weeks "ive been getting into all kinds of scraps and embarrassing situations. Every time, its because ive been engaging in the "old me" behavior.Post a beautiful praising song to God one moment, and then post a mean spirited news story to get a chuckle over how stupid someone is, that kind of thing.On this site, i made a mean comment about a murder that happened at a Buffet. Sure enough, someone that knew the victim saw my link and was very hurt by it."

Don't you think that that may be a little warning light indicator that maybe ....perhaps...you don't yet have the insight to be preaching to others??? Analogy: No one wants to get a driving lesson from a drunk.

I TRULY wish you success in your search for INNER peace and understanding. I look forward to hearing about the progress you make.

Christ on a CRUTCH, 3 to B.

Do you really imagine there's a Jew in North America -- Orthodox, Reform, Conservative, Reconstructionist, or other -- who hasn't been assaulted with crap like that which you linked to, for the majority of their LIVES?

Here's a news flash: We've all heard the "good news." You believe in Jesus, we do not. In terms you can understand, that's why they call us "Jews."

Are you aware that in Medieval Europe, when Christians weren't busy just plain murdering or forcibly converting Jews, it was often required for a Church propagandist to preach sermons right in the middle of our religious services? Of course you're not.

Well, those didn't work either.

Please spend more of your time threatening your own children with eternal torment after death, or better, doing works that help others, as suggested elsewhere here.

From what I can tell, the crying need in the heart of Israel for the wisdom of the Christian churches, has been greatly exaggerated.

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
Please spend more of your time threatening your own children with eternal torment after death, or better, doing works that help others, as suggested elsewhere here.

From what I can tell, the crying need in the heart of Israel for the wisdom of the Christian churches, has been greatly exaggerated.

PFnV

Amen, brothers.

shmessy said:
It must come from inside, not outside.

Thankfully that is true of any religion....

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back