PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots News 03-27, Looking At The Offense, Draft Profile OT Kinnard

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind him in the 3rd. One of the first guys I looked at for us last year. Watched a ton of Kentucky over the last few years. Both offense and defense they've had some fun units and great players.

-plays with good leverage when its there but he's inconsistent. At times he'll get beat by the low man. He's extremely physical and loves working in close quarters.

-Kentucky ran some cool stuff in the run game the past few years so hes versed in a lot different things and can handle all types of scheme from gap to zone. He's pretty diverse in that department. Also very smart I've seen him decipher some stunts, delayed blitzes and make some noise on the line. Looks to be a very smart player.

-gets spooked by speed so he'll overcommit at times and get front loaded. His hands suffer from that but his general placement is off and pretty bad. Just too wide. He doesn't trust them. He'll lose his base on speed rushes.

-nasty attitude bodyguard attitude that sets a tone.

- plus lateral ability that would translate into puller, reaching the second level, blocking out in the flat etc good movements for 320+.

-nice balance and decent contact balance but has trouble sustaining against workers and guys with good hands. Would like to see more hand strength he has some enormous paws at 11+.

I really like the player and wouldn't be mad at a pick in the 3rd or 4th RD.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back