PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: NFL Fines Bills Player Who Concussed Jakobi Meyers

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL Fines Bills Player Who Concussed Jakobi Meyers
Ian Logue
It looks like New England Patriots receiver Jakobi Meyers won't be on the field on Monday night after the concussion he sustained against the Buffalo Bills last Thursday, but at least the player who caused it will face repercussions.

The post NFL Fines Bills Player Who Concussed Jakobi Meyers appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

F the Bills

NFL Fines Bills Player Who Concussed Jakobi Meyers
Ian Logue
It looks like New England Patriots receiver Jakobi Meyers won't be on the field on Monday night after the concussion he sustained against the Buffalo Bills last Thursday, but at least the player who caused it will face repercussions.

The post NFL Fines Bills Player Who Concussed Jakobi Meyers appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
This is why it's getting really hard to watch football anymore. This guy gets fined 5K for hitting Jacobi who ends up missing the next game while Mac gets fined 10K for flipping the football at a player. Consistency is not in the NFL vocabulary.

BB needs to sign the Hanson Brothers
Is this a reference to the Paul Newman hockey movie, Slap Shot?

Just to help our younger readers who don’t know what the yellow pages were.
During an interview a few years ago the "Hanson Brothers" (Steve & Jeff Carlson, Dave Hanson) were asked if they taught Paul Newman how to skate. They answered "We taught him how to act!"

Is this a reference to the Paul Newman hockey movie, Slap Shot?
knockouts GIF

nailed it...

This is why it's getting really hard to watch football anymore. This guy gets fined 5K for hitting Jacobi who ends up missing the next game while Mac gets fined 10K for flipping the football at a player. Consistency is not in the NFL vocabulary.
According to My Crease, the fines are collectively bargained for so if you want to blame someone, blame the Players Association.

Is the fine enough for such a blow ?
No. It's not even a slap on the wrist. Which is f'in ridiculous considering the completely made up fine on Mac Jones.

According to My Crease, the fines are collectively bargained for so if you want to blame someone, blame the Players Association.

While the basics are in the CBA, a player who commits an injury, is given an IN GAME Penalty AND EJECTED is supposed to be fined MORE than the player who isn't even given a penalty for his supposed action during the game.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm remembering the hit wrong but it didn't look that bad to me. I thought at first it was helmet to helmet but I thought the replay showed otherwise. I'll have to watch it again.

If it's only $5k why not take out Diggs and Allen next time. I've had to pay higher court costs for losing an application (not even a trial). This is a joke.

Maybe I'm remembering the hit wrong but it didn't look that bad to me. I thought at first it was helmet to helmet but I thought the replay showed otherwise. I'll have to watch it again.
He also flexed over him while he was writhing around on the ground.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back