PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: A Look at My Patriots Roster Prediction Results

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't see Cam's release coming either... Has it been established yet if Cam himself asked for his release?

I was unaware of the severity of Bolden's ailment, whatever that might be... And if it's true that he might not be available until closer to the end of this month than the beginning of it, then he should've been released outright and later signed when healthy... He's wasting a roster spot until he is.

No surprise here that Jake Johnson was kept... He's a good blocker, and his hands don't suck.

Not completely surprised that Gunner was kept, because Bill & the STs coach probably don't trust Kid Dyno-Mite yet with punt return duties...

EXTREMELY disappointed about Mal Perry being claimed... He brings absolutely ****ing Nothing that we don't already have here... We needed Bill to claim the best available WR from a list his New Minions should've compiled, and he/they failed miserably...Just Awful.

No surprise at TE, though I'm still upset that Matty LaGlasse was re-signed to the PS... I want him out of the building, now & forever.

Not a fan - at all - of the Yaz Durant trade...He provides nothing more than what Cachoo, Herron, Cunnyham & even Elmanure can/would have provided... At the very least, Bill should've waited until Cut-Down Day and then claimed him for free.

Also disappointed that Thanksdad Ferentz was re-signed to the PS... He still has enough of The Photos it seems... How about giving somebody else with, you know, actual talent a chance Bill?

Yep, no real surprise at DT/DL, though just a small one that Carl Davis was kept.

Same as you about Brandon King of The Photos making the cut... Extremely, EXTREMELY disappointed.

No surprise at the list of those who made the cut at CB, though I also kinda thought that maybe one of Myles Bryant (who is still NOT a Safety) or DA Ross might make it also... If neither of Mills, Wade or SloJuan shows competitive play at CB #2, then we're going to regret Bill not doing a better job of adding reinforcements when he knew that Gilmore would miss at least the first 6 games.

No surprise at Safety... BIG surprise at Place-Kicker, however; that Fecals game should've buried him.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't see Cam's release coming either... Has it been established yet if Cam himself asked for his release?

I was unaware of the severity of Bolden's ailment, whatever that might be... And if it's true that he might not be available until closer to the end of this month than the beginning of it, then he should've been released outright and later signed when healthy... He's wasting a roster spot until he is.

No surprise here that Jake Johnson was kept... He's a good blocker, and his hands don't suck.

Not completely surprised that Gunner was kept, because Bill & the STs coach probably don't trust Kid Dyno-Mite yet with punt return duties...

EXTREMELY disappointed about Mal Perry being claimed... He brings absolutely ****ing Nothing that we don't already have here... We needed Bill to claim the best available WR from a list his New Minions should've compiled, and he/they failed miserably...Just Awful.

No surprise at TE, though I'm still upset that Matty LaGlasse was re-signed to the PS... I want him out of the building, now & forever.

Not a fan - at all - of the Yaz Durant trade...He provides nothing more than what Cachoo, Herron, Cunnyham & even Elmanure can/would have provided... At the very least, Bill should've waited until Cut-Down Day and then claimed him for free.

Also upset that Thanksdad Ferentz was re-signed to the PS... He still has enough of The Photos it seems... How about giving somebody else with, you know, actual talent a chance Bill?

Yep, no real surprise at DT/DL, though just a small one that Carl Davis was kept.

Same as you about Brandon King of The Photos making the cut... Extremely, EXTREMELY disappointed.

No surprise at the list of those who made the cut at CB, though I also kinda thought that maybe one of Myles Bryant (who is still NOT a Safety) or DA Ross might make it also... If neither of Mills, Wade or SloJuan shows competitive play at CB #2, then we're going to regret Bill not doing a better job of adding reinforcements when he knew that Gilmore would miss at least the first 6 games.

No surprise at Safety... BIG surprise at Place-Kicker, however; that Fecals game should've buried him.
Yes, Belichick might have traded for a CB better than Wade. Of course, when he uses a 3rd or 4th, this Board would go nuts, saying how terrible a deal this would be.

In then, you don't think that the inactive part of the roster and the Practice Squad are good enough.

As we established when we discussed your projected roster, almost all of us are fine with the top 50 players on this team, and probably still are.
Take out the four we are discussing as being at the bottom and add back Hoyer. I see the arguments with the other three.

Everyone would like to have better players than our bottom of the roster players at OL., WR and CB.
Durant and Wade were likely improvements over Cunningham and Bryant (the likely alternatives).
Perry and Langi are end of the roster inactives.
====================
BOTTOM LINE
Durant, Perry, Wade, Langi could be cut/upgraded at any time, with Hoyer signed. That is nature of the bottom of the roster,
==============
AN ASIDE: THE PRACTICE SQUAD
The reality is that many of these players could have had one of the bottom 4 roster spots. Anytime Belichick finds anyone with ANY serious chance of helping the team, he will try to sign them, even if you don't like the choice. I

OL : Sherman, Ferentz

WR: Wilkerson

CB: Bryant, Ross

FB: Mason

K: Folk
==========
The above 7 could be made active at any time. I would expect that they would be on the Practice Squad for much of the season. Yes, Ferentz is a very inexpensive option to be the Game Day #8 OL if one of the centers is injured, even if he has no chance of ever being a regular roster player here or anywhere.

Yes, Belichick might have traded for a CB better than Wade. Of course, when he uses a 3rd or 4th, this Board would go nuts, saying how terrible a deal this would be.

In then, you don't think that the inactive part of the roster and the Practice Squad are good enough.

As we established when we discussed your projected roster, almost all of us are fine with the top 50 players on this team, and probably still are.
Take out the four we are discussing as being at the bottom and add back Hoyer. I see the arguments with the other three.

Everyone would like to have better players than our bottom of the roster players at OL., WR and CB.
Durant and Wade were likely improvements over Cunningham and Bryant (the likely alternatives).
Perry and Langi are end of the roster inactives.
====================
BOTTOM LINE
Durant, Perry, Wade, Langi could be cut/upgraded at any time, with Hoyer signed. That is nature of the bottom of the roster,
==============
AN ASIDE: THE PRACTICE SQUAD
The reality is that many of these players could have had one of the bottom 4 roster spots. Anytime Belichick finds anyone with ANY serious chance of helping the team, he will try to sign them, even if you don't like the choice. I

OL : Sherman, Ferentz

WR: Wilkerson

CB: Bryant, Ross

FB: Mason

K: Folk
==========
The above 7 could be made active at any time. I would expect that they would be on the Practice Squad for much of the season. Yes, Ferentz is a very inexpensive option to be the Game Day #8 OL if one of the centers is injured, even if he has no chance of ever being a regular roster player here or anywhere.

Don't forget Brandon King of the Photos...

For me, King isn't a bottom of the roster player. He is one of the 6 STO players starting on Special Teams.

We don't need that many STOs...Half that many is more like it.

We don't need that many STOs...Half that many is more like it.
Yes, you've wanted half of what Belichick wanted for many, many years. For some, it is useful to have the best Special teams in the NFL.

And yes, I know that you believe that we have backups who are better at special teams than our best special teamers.

Many here don't even count Bolden and Gunner, since they are emergency backs at their positions.

So, you would cut King and Davis. Belichick consider them top level starting special teamers, along with Slater and Bethel. I agree that they aren't among the very best in the best in the NFL like Slater, Bethel, Bailey and Gunner. But they are top special teamers.
=========
I guess the bottom line is that Belichick needs the number of Ster's that we have. You and those who agree with you don't need as many.

You are correct... I would absolutely cut the less-than-useless Brandon King of the Photos... Mal Perry too.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back