PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"MR." Tom Brady, please come back to us....please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU have the blinders on. Why would I? I am a life long, hard core Patriots fan. You've never said anything negative about a Patriot player in your life. I am open minded. Thus, one of us has blinders on and it's not me.

It's futile to argue with you, because your approach is to state the obvious, and change that to be the argument. That's what you do, and you did it again.

Case in point, who said having a wife and kids makes people give up their jobs? That's assinine. Give up their job? Really AJ?

Do you watch sports? Have you ever noticed a pattern, that some of the all time greats seem to have this unbelievable work ethic. They work long and harder, and study film, and practice, and practice, and prepare? Brady was famous for it during the Super Bowl years.

Let me just say that he has EVERY right to put his family first. But for you to blindly and automatically say that any change in Brady's ways absolutely has nothing to do with the 3 straight one and dones.

So having a wife and kids doesn't make a person fail, or give up their jobs. I do know this. When I was single I worked out 2 to 3 hours a day. I'm a husband and dad now, and am lucky if I even get to the gym. I used to skate all the time, and can't remember the last time I did. I played in a county football league when I was single, but am doing too many family things, and can't any more. I played in a Sunday night basketball league for years, until getting married. I studied religiously for continuing education, and just don't have the time to do so anymore. It doesn't matter in my line of work, but can you at least consider that it might, just might matter to a professional quarterback.

So, I don't begrudge Brady, because I'm the same way. But for an athlete that was the first to Gillette, the last to leave, was a workout warrior, was intertwined with his teammates in preparation, and was legendary for his film sessions with Weis and others. To say, 'oh, he still works out, it doesn't affect him, he's still the same', is (no disrespect) ignorant, and yes, tells me that you have blinders on.

Is he one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL with what he's doing to prepare now? Yes. However, he's arguably had better targets to throw to since the 07 Super Bowl, and has lost 3 straight games. When we knew him as the Brady winning parking spaces for his offseason work ethic, he was 10 and 0 in the playoffs. In the last 9 games he is 4 and 5.

Many here would blast Manning for his great regular season, and poor playoffs. Now that Brady is doing the same, we are hearing an awful lot of excuse makers and apologists.

I love Brady, and am proud he's our QB. But, I am not willing, like so many, to put others down for even the mention of the possibility that his change in approach has anything to do with the less than desireable post season results. Again, that's ignorant.

Yes, yes and yes.

Oh come on now...Brady's family and celebrity status is making us lose playoff games now....really? really?

The guy is coming off a unanimous MVP and one of the all time best statistical seasons for a QB.

And before you start talking about his playoff failures perhaps you should start looking at the team 1st. Since 07 this team has gone from one of the oldest veteran teams in the league to one of the youngest.

You are correct. Tom Brady himself would admit that he does not commit as many hours to football as he did when he was winning Superbowls ( 2001, 2002, & 2004. ) At the beginning of his career, he annually won the award ( and best parking spot ) for most hours on the team, worked out in the offseason. Nowadays he often does not even show up for the workouts.

Many posters will correctly point out that he now has two different children with two different woman that he spends time with. Posters will also correctly point out that he meets all of his contractual obligations and that the offseason program is voluntary.

However, the posters who argue that he now commits less time to football than he did when he won Superbowls, are factually correct.

No they are not. In fact Tommy has stated that he now spends more time on football and it has become easier to manage his time since he became a married man and father. He always spent time with his extended family and friends and a girlfriend traveling in the off season. Now there are less demands on his personal time and that time goes to his immediate family. He doesn't attend all of the off season workouts here. Those consist of 4 day week workouts of a couple of hours (AM or PM) a day. He does that and more pretty much daily now wherever he is. He has a decades worth of opponent prep film loaded on dvd's he can access at will. He's more familiar with them and has a better understanding of the game than any coach on this staff not named Belichick. He usually spends plane rides home from road games going over scouting the next opponent while the fan base kvetches about minutae from the game he just completed. He's never missed a day or even been late for work despite living 45 minutes from the stadium in season, through snow storms and car accidents and baby births. His wife essentially goes on hiatus from her $30M job every September until the NFL season is over so unlike a lot of teamates he isn't commuting home or burning through phone and text minutes to check on family concerns. His teamates to a man will tell you nobody consistently spends more time on the game or works harder in practice than TFB.

There are lots of reasons this team hasn't won a championship in 6 <OMG> seasons or been to one in 3 <WTF>... None of them is named Tom Brady.

A lot goes into a winning season...roster building/turnover to combat complacency and fatigue and aging out, luck, amassing sufficient depth to counter injury, game planning and coaching, TC and about 100 total practices, developing and maintaining chemistry and building toward consistent focus and execution. Since 2004 this team has failed to nail all of those aspects consistently for one reason or another.

2005 they were mentally and physically exhausted coming off of back to back 20 game championship seasons and the loss of both coordinators. (And FYI BB told Brady and several veterans to GTF away from football for a while after that season...). 2006 they were dealing with the loss of (and failure to adequately replace) Tom's two top targets and Dillon's post championship/extension decline into toast not to mention an aging defense on their third coordinator battling the flu for good measure and all he could manage to lead them to was a commanding lead at halftime of the AFCC game. Damn him. In 2007 armed with new actually talented weapons Tom carried essentially that same defense to an undefeated season and within 2 minutes of another Lombardi. Freakin' slacker...

2008 he lost an entire season to ACL injury on a botched block. Clearly his fault based on lack of participation in the off season conditioning program...

In 2009 he returned to a team now in fullblown transition on defense and on the sidelines that still hadn't replaced 2004 Dillon while attempting to drag Moss through whatever increasingly ailed him only to lose Welker in week 17... Damn you TFB...you should have trained harder to compensate. 2010 was all about adapting the offense and defense on the fly with inexperienced or rehabbing or unfamiliar talent permeating both sides of the ball. He was merely voted MVP although when outcoached in week 19 the team didn't execute at a championship level despite compiling a 14-2 record over the first 17 weeks. Obviously that was all because the QB didn't spend enough time training and studying the film the JETS HC opted to deviate from...:bricks:

Seriously.....some of you need to get a hobby. Or at least pick up a good book instead of seek out this mindless crap.

It's called NFL Labor Unrest Derangement Syndrome ...

If we don't have football soon this forum will soon look like this.

http://www.adailyvitamin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/one-flew-over-the-****oos-nest-scene.jpg

No they are not. In fact Tommy has stated that he now spends more time on football and it has become easier to manage his time since he became a married man and father. He always spent time with his extended family and friends and a girlfriend traveling in the off season. Now there are less demands on his personal time and that time goes to his immediate family. He doesn't attend all of the off season workouts here. Those consist of 4 day week workouts of a couple of hours (AM or PM) a day. He does that and more pretty much daily now wherever he is. He has a decades worth of opponent prep film loaded on dvd's he can access at will. He's more familiar with them and has a better understanding of the game than any coach on this staff not named Belichick. He usually spends plane rides home from road games going over scouting the next opponent while the fan base kvetches about minutae from the game he just completed. He's never missed a day or even been late for work despite living 45 minutes from the stadium in season, through snow storms and car accidents and baby births. His wife essentially goes on hiatus from her $30M job every September until the NFL season is over so unlike a lot of teamates he isn't commuting home or burning through phone and text minutes to check on family concerns. His teamates to a man will tell you nobody consistently spends more time on the game or works harder in practice than TFB.

There are lots of reasons this team hasn't won a championship in 6 <OMG> seasons or been to one in 3 <WTF>... None of them is named Tom Brady.

A lot goes into a winning season...roster building/turnover to combat complacency and fatigue and aging out, luck, amassing sufficient depth to counter injury, game planning and coaching, TC and about 100 total practices, developing and maintaining chemistry and building toward consistent focus and execution. Since 2004 this team has failed to nail all of those aspects consistently for one reason or another.

2005 they were mentally and physically exhausted coming off of back to back 20 game championship seasons and the loss of both coordinators. (And FYI BB told Brady and several veterans to GTF away from football for a while after that season...). 2006 they were dealing with the loss of (and failure to adequately replace) Tom's two top targets and Dillon's post championship/extension decline into toast not to mention an aging defense on their third coordinator battling the flu for good measure and all he could manage to lead them to was a commanding lead at halftime of the AFCC game. Damn him. In 2007 armed with new actually talented weapons Tom carried essentially that same defense to an undefeated season and within 2 minutes of another Lombardi. Freakin' slacker...

2008 he lost an entire season to ACL injury on a botched block. Clearly his fault based on lack of participation in the off season conditioning program...

In 2009 he returned to a team now in fullblown transition on defense and on the sidelines that still hadn't replaced 2004 Dillon while attempting to drag Moss through whatever increasingly ailed him only to lose Welker in week 17... Damn you TFB...you should have trained harder to compensate. 2010 was all about adapting the offense and defense on the fly with inexperienced or rehabbing or unfamiliar talent permeating both sides of the ball. He was merely voted MVP although when outcoached in week 19 the team didn't execute at a championship level despite compiling a 14-2 record over the first 17 weeks. Obviously that was all because the QB didn't spend enough time training and studying the film the JETS HC opted to deviate from...:bricks:

Go to the videotape. Patriots have lost 3 consecutive playoff games all of which Brady played well below par. No excuses.

Go to the videotape. Patriots have lost 3 consecutive playoff games all of which Brady played well below par. No excuses.

There are plenty of excuses but he definately didn't play at his best.

Fans here love to pervert the no excuses mentality of the team here into meaning there actually are no excuses (reasons) for failing. There are plenty. The whole team played well below par in those last 3 consecutive playoff losses. And that's the thing about football, it's a true team sport where if just one of eleven guys screws up a snap the performance of the other 10 is adversely impacted. When the coaching screws up or the FO miscalculates, all 11 guys are adversely impacted. Tom grew up surrounded by a group of players and coaches who seldom made mental mistakes and who tended to rise up and elevate their play when faced with adversity. Lately those haven't been his surroundings. Veteran system guys aged out or opted to chase the $$$. Some of those who replaced them had little experience or inferior talent. Others had self absorbed egos or just weren't wired to battle through actual adversity. I don't think there is a QB on the planet better able to adapt and play the hand he's dealt. It simply isn't always nearly a championship caliber hand. That's not even an excuse, it's just reality in the NFL in the salary cap/FA era.

Fans here love to pervert the no excuses mentality of the team here into meaning there actually are no excuses (reasons) for failing. There are plenty. The whole team played well below par in those last 3 consecutive playoff losses. And that's the thing about football, it's a true team sport where if just one of eleven guys screws up a snap the performance of the other 10 is adversely impacted. When the coaching screws up or the FO miscalculates, all 11 guys are adversely impacted. Tom grew up surrounded by a group of players and coaches who seldom made mental mistakes and who tended to rise up and elevate their play when faced with adversity. Lately those haven't been his surroundings. Veteran system guys aged out or opted to chase the $$$. Some of those who replaced them had little experience or inferior talent. Others had self absorbed egos or just weren't wired to battle through actual adversity. I don't think there is a QB on the planet better able to adapt and play the hand he's dealt. It simply isn't always nearly a championship caliber hand. That's not even an excuse, it's just reality in the NFL in the salary cap/FA era.

Tom Brady is the highest paid NFL player in the history of the game, at any position. He did not live up to the standards that are expected of him, nor did he play up to the standards that he is being paid to meet, during the last 3 consecutive playoff games.

Brady is a stand up guy and I think he would be the first guy to admit just that.

I am not sure what your definition of 'below par' exactly is, but if we are expecting him to be superman every single game, that just isn't fair. Let's look at the last 3 playoff games:

1. SB loss to NYG--29 for 48 for 266 yds---1 TD and 0 INT's

(Recap: When you consider the 4 long hail mary's in the closing seconds of the game, he was basically 29 for 44. I'll give YOU and your argument the benefit of the doubt and we'll say 29 for 45---which is about 2/3rds completions on all of his attempts.)

He freaking threw for 266 yds, 1 TD (probably 'should've' been the GW) and 0 INT's.

When your QB throws for almost 270 yds, basically completes almost 2/3 of his passes, DOES NOT throw an INT, and puts his team in position to win by marching them down the field and throwing the go-ahead TD pass with less than 3 min left, I would say that he did alright.

This game is the most ridiculous example of your argument obviously. The game was lost on non-calls (obvious holding proven by pics and game film), 2 or 3 dropped INT's in the last drive by the defense, the inefficiency of the offensive line to try and keep him upright, and a potentially fractured foot. Oh yeah, there was also the once-in-a-lifetime helmet catch. All in all, Brady kept pushing through pain, dusting himself off/picking himself back up, and had pretty damn decent stats to boot.

FAULTS: Offensive Line, Lack of running game, inability of defense to finish off the game, lack of proper and 'fair' calls/unlucky bounces.

If anything, Brady was one of the teams' bright spots for God's sakes.

2. BAL loss in 2009 playoffs---(no Welker) 23 for 42 154 yds 2 TD's 3 INT's

(Recap: This is pretty much where your argument holds water obviously. I am not going to make excuses, and he played a lousy game. Then again, so did the whole team..from the opening play when BAL set the tone by running the ball down their throats for a TD. Keep in mind that the entire offense pretty much revolved around Welker, and his missing the game certainly did not help Brady's cause. But like I said, people are human, and I am not going to pretend his play was not lousy.)

FAULTS: Pretty much the entire team. Lack of any type of viable defense, particularly on the ground, where Flacco only had to complete 4 (FOUR) passes for 34 total yds. The Pats also turned the ball over 4 times. We had a total of 4 attempts for our combined rushers of Maroney, Taylor, and Morris--so obviously the running game was also non-existant. This game was literally over from the opening play. Even though Brady played very poorly, I still do not BLAME him for this loss.

3. NYJ playoff loss from 2010 season--29 for 45 299 yds 2 TD's 1 INT

This is another prime example, and maybe even the most compelling argument for Brady, and that's saying a lot when you consider the SB loss.

Once again, he throws for 300 yds, 2 TD's in the game, and the FIRST interception in more than half of a season (that led to 0 pts scored). His completion rate is once again, 2/3rds of all his passes completed, climbing towards 70 percent. All this, and Crumpler also dropped an apperent TD--as did Welker inside the 2 yd line.

What in God's name do you want from the man??

(Recap: This game turned the momentum in the NYJ favor when the score should've been 7-3 at the half. Instead, Pat Chung bobbles the ball on our own side of the field right before the half, giving them excellent field position, and a 14-3 lead going into the locker room. It was probably the turning point in the entire game.)

FAULTS: Poor handling of the punt snap/execution by Chung, also possible poor coaching to allow this to happen right before the half--that we'll never know the exact story to. IF Chung always has the green light, then I mostly blame him for improper execution and bad luck, but I also move some blame to Belichick for giving someone the 'green light' in this particular situation. The offensive line did not do anything to make us happy, and Brady was fighting for his life many plays. The running game was not up to par. The defense allowed the long TD to Edwards right before the half, and of course--the backbreaking RAC to Jerrico Cotchery that put the game away.

None of these things had anything to do with Brady, who spread the ball around as follows: (while avoiding the rush)

Danny Woodhead NWE 6 52 0 19
Rob Gronkowski NWE 4 65 0 37
Deion Branch NWE 5 59 1 16
Wes Welker NWE 7 57 0 13
Alge Crumpler NWE 3 39 1 28

So, in conclusion--when you look at the games as they are, which is seperately--you can easily see that NONE of these were Brady's fault, although he certainly played poorly in the BAL loss.

If you think that 300 yds 2 TD's and 1 INT vs the NYJ
266 yds 1 TD and 0 INT vs the NYG

are 'bad' games, then you really are not looking at it fairly.

Last edited:
When 2 out of you 3 'horrible playoff losses' give you these stat lines, something is very wrong...

NYJ---300 Yds passing, 2 TD/1 INT

NYG---266 Yds passing, 1 TD/0 INT

-------------------------------------

That is an average of 283 yds in the 2 games, with a total of 3 TD's and 1 INT. The completion percentages are also pretty damn good too, with a pretty fair average of 2/3rds completion for a 67% rate.

Actually, the more I look at this, the more this argument is totally non-existant. The ONLY game he played poorly was vs BAL, and Welker was out + the entire team played poorly.

He could quite easily be 2-1 in these 3 games, and if any other QB in the NFL had these kinds of numbers, their teams would have probably won too.

I love the 0-3 recent playoff argument because it means absolutely nothing. The Packers were on a what, 0-2 streak before this year's playoffs? Probably only because they were so terrible in 2008 they couldn't make the playoffs to go 0-3.

It's hard to take people seriously when the cherry pick stats, why the hell would you only count the 2008 playoff loss to the Giants and not the entire '08 playoffs in which they made it to the SB?

Brady's MVP season brought way to much hype for the Patriots in the playoffs. They were an inexperienced team, we all knew and saw that in the playoff game against the Jets. And did anyone really expect a playoff run from the Patriots in 2009? The team was void of talent, terrible on the road, and only had a home game against a superior and experienced Ravens team because of the current seeding rules.

I love the 0-3 recent playoff argument because it means absolutely nothing.
It's hard to take people seriously when the cherry pick stats, why the hell would you only count the 2008 playoff loss to the Giants and not the entire '08 playoffs in which they made it to the SB?

I certainly agree. I think that they count the SB because it was the beginning of the supposed 3 game horrible play by Brady. Not only is it not true at all, it is quite ignorant and short-sighted.

If we are all going to expect 350+yds, 3-4 Td's and O INT's in order for Brady to win the game---something is obviously very wrong.

A lot of these posters are so incredibly spoiled, they do not even truly realize the gift they currently have by Brady being at the helm. A bad-bounce unlucky loss in the SB, and an 'average' game for Brady/good-to-great game for any other QB (like I said, I guess we all expect 350+ and 3-4 TD's every game now, because 'only' 300 and 2 TD's suddenly isn't good enough:rolleyes: ) and now he supposedly 'can't win' anymore in the playoffs, LOL.

And to top it off, it actually has something to do with his family and personal life--that's even funnier. If any other team in the NFL gets 300+ and 2 TD's from their QB in a playoff game, they are a hero. When it happens to New England and Tom Brady, he suddenly must have family issues, or not be as motivated. It is ridiculous.

I don't think Roethlisberger had a 300 yd game and 2 TD's in any SB, yet they won 2 of 3, and many were quick to try and put him in an elite status with Brady had they won. It's because it's a TEAM game, and when the TEAM wins (like Roethlisbergers 9 completion total and 2 INT's in the 2005 SB) it makes any QB look good. But when Brady goes out and throws 300 yds and 2 TD's vs the NYJ, he must be losing something and not as motivated due to family or offseason issues?? It's completely unsubstantiated, not to mention totally absurd.

Last edited:
And what is with Tom's shaved armpits? As Jim Rome said...a razor should never go below the neck on a guy.

I certainly agree. I think that they count the SB because it was the beginning of the supposed 3 game horrible play by Brady. Not only is it not true at all, it is quite ignorant and short-sighted.

If we are all going to expect 350+yds, 3-4 Td's and O INT's in order for Brady to win the game---something is obviously very wrong.

A lot of these posters are so incredibly spoiled, they do not even truly realize the gift they currently have by Brady being at the helm. A bad-bounce unlucky loss in the SB, and an 'average' game for Brady/good-to-great game for any other QB (like I said, I guess we all expect 350+ and 3-4 TD's every game now, because 'only' 300 and 2 TD's suddenly isn't good enough:rolleyes: ) and now he supposedly 'can't win' anymore in the playoffs, LOL.

And to top it off, it actually has something to do with his family and personal life--that's even funnier. If any other team in the NFL gets 300+ and 2 TD's from their QB in a playoff game, they are a hero. When it happens to New England and Tom Brady, he suddenly must have family issues, or not be as motivated. It is ridiculous.

I don't think Roethlisberger had a 300 yd game and 2 TD's in any SB, yet they won 2 of 3, and many were quick to try and put him in an elite status with Brady had they won. It's because it's a TEAM game, and when the TEAM wins (like Roethlisbergers 9 completion total and 2 INT's in the 2005 SB) it makes any QB look good. But when Brady goes out and throws 300 yds and 2 TD's vs the NYJ, he must be losing something and not as motivated due to family or offseason issues?? It's completely unsubstantiated, not to mention totally absurd.

You expect a hell of a lot better QB ratings than 49 and 89 out of Brady in the playoffs. Those prove he has STUNK in the past 2 playoff games.

You expect a hell of a lot better QB ratings than 49 and 89 out of Brady in the playoffs. Those prove he has STUNK in the past 2 playoff games.

Well, that's your opinion and I can respect it, but no--I do not agree that an '89' rating, a 2/3rds completion percentage, 300 yds and 2 Td's prove that 'he stunk.'

As I said before, he did not play up to the super-high standards that many have been spoiled with and grown accustomed to. He played at the very least 'average.' There have been plenty of other games where Brady was 'average' and the team won the game. Some of them happened this yr against SD and BAL, and others happened during the '07 16-0 season. If you are relying on your QB to have to go out and play lights out every single playoff game, then you are asking too much, and some of the other players simply aren't holding their weight. How about the OLine in the NYJ game? How about the great defensive scheme by the Jets? How about the lackluster performance, and inability of the defense to stop the Jets? How about the crucial Pat Chung bobble right before the half to turn the halftime score from 7-3, to 14-3--something they never seemed to get over. None of those were Brady's fault. I don't know the specific numbers, but didn't he go 10-12 down the stretch in the late 3rd quarter/early 4th?

300 yds 2 TD's and an 89 QB rating (for whatever QB ratings are worth anyway) proves that he played sufficiently enough to put the team in position to win. He also did the same in the SB loss to the NYG. Other, outside 'team' factors and bad luck came into play.

It was a combination of many different things that happened, and many different positions and players (coaches included) that did not play up to par.

Now if you want to talk about the BAL game, that is a different story, but again there was no Welker--and the game was pretty much over from the very first play. Even during Brady's horrid performance vs BAL in the 09 playoffs, there were still many other factors that contributed. But if there's one game that he did play horribly in out of the 3--it was obviously the BAL game.

Again, 300 yds and 2 TD's with a broken foot and a horrible OLine is not proving anything negatively. That is just absurd. The standards are just too different for a man of Brady's caliber. I already told you that Roethlisberger (who is considered to be a very good QB in today's NFL) never once threw for 300 yds and 2 TD's in any of the SB's--yet that didn't even come close to stopping the entire world from potentially putting him in Brady's category for possibly winning 3 SB's.

Last edited:

And just to truly point out the incredible ridiculousness of your STUNK comment regarding the '89 QB rating,' I have given you a nice little list of all-time great QB's who NEVER reached the '89' plateau. Every single player on this list is either in the HOF, or will be in the HOF.

Your whole argument is so incredibly sad, and apparently you have no idea what an 89 QB rating represents. Especially given your 'STUNK' comment, which is just...completely ignorant at best. When you throw 300 yds and 2 TD's with an 89 QB rating against one of the nicest defensive schemes that we have seen in a while---all while running for your life on a broken foot, and the only thing your supposed 'fans' can say is that you stunk---that is just a travesty. You my friend, are incredibly spoiled.

1. Joe Montana only had an alltime QB rating of 92 (3 pts higher than your guy who ...."STUNK" as you put it)

Now...here are those who NEVER reached the '89' rating for their careers. You may recognize a couple of names:

---Peyton Manning QB rating of 88.1

---Brett Favre QB rating of 86.9

---Dan Marino QB rating of 86.4

---TOM BRADY QB rating of 85.9

---Jim Kelly QB rating of 84.4

---Roger Staubauch QB rating of 83.4

---Dan Fouts QB rating of 80.2

---John Elway QB rating of 79.9

Your whole example of an 89 rating being so horrible is one of the poorest I have seen here in a while, if not EVER.

Last edited:
Rodgers has a playoff rating of over a 112 or something....he must be the goat.

Just forget the 55 passer rating he received for his 0 TD/2 INT performance in the Bears game and how he was bailed out by his defense and Cutler.

It takes a team to win a championship. Not just one man's arm. I would've thought that with our rivalry with the Colts that would be obvious to most fans.

Joe Montana and his offense is given alot of credit but people seem to forget that every year he won a championship he had a top 3 defense in either yards allowed or points allowed

Last edited:
Rodgers has a playoff rating of over a 112 or something....he must be the goat.

Just forget the 55 passer rating he received for his 0 TD/2 INT performance in the Bears game and how he was bailed out by his defense and Cutler.

It takes a team to win a championship. Not just one man's arm. I would've thought that with our rivalry with the Colts that would be obvious to most fans.

Joe Montana and his offense is given alot of credit but people seem to forget that every year he won a championship he had a top 3 defense in either yards allowed or points allowed

Well said, Random. It seems as though a lot of posters have a very short memory, and do not fully understand the concept of a 'team' game. I don't mind someone stating that Brady could've played 'better,' but when they start saying that he has been horrible, he stinks now etc---that is just not true. I'd like to know exactly WHO they'd rather have back there, b/c most wouldn't change a thing. They simply like to complain.

And again--in the '09 BAL game he was indeed pretty bad, but even then there were many other outside factors such as no Welker, the extreme greenness of the defense, no running game, 4 turnovers, lost momentum from the very first play, etc.

The 2 New York games he played good enough to win in a lot of instances. I just can't accept that he could have ratings of 83 (NYG) and 89 (NYJ)--when his average is 85.9, and throw for an average of 283 yds in the 2 games for 3 TD's and only 1 INT, and somehow people are going to scream for his head and claim that he played so poorly. When you consider that the offensive line failed miserably in both games, and Brady's foot was either severely fractured/broken or sprained in both games, I think he did pretty damn well to be honest.

Last edited:
Just so I can disagree with everyone here: yes, Tom played "well enough" to win those playoff games. But Tom Brady made his name by playing his best when it was needed most and when the odds were stacked highest against him. That's what differentiated Brady from Manning. Sure, he had decent enough "Tom Brady" games in those playoff losses. But if he played like "Tom ******* Brady" in those games, the results would have been very different.

And BTW, this has absolutely nothing to do with kids, armpits, or waterslides. That's all a bunch of bull****.

And just to truly point out the incredible ridiculousness of your STUNK comment regarding the '89 QB rating,' I have given you a nice little list of all-time great QB's who NEVER reached the '89' plateau. Every single player on this list is either in the HOF, or will be in the HOF.

Your whole argument is so incredibly sad, and apparently you have no idea what an 89 QB rating represents. Especially given your 'STUNK' comment, which is just...completely ignorant at best. When you throw 300 yds and 2 TD's with an 89 QB rating against one of the nicest defensive schemes that we have seen in a while---all while running for your life on a broken foot, and the only thing your supposed 'fans' can say is that you stunk---that is just a travesty. You my friend, are incredibly spoiled.

1. Joe Montana only had an alltime QB rating of 92 (3 pts higher than your guy who ...."STUNK" as you put it)

Now...here are those who NEVER reached the '89' rating for their careers. You may recognize a couple of names:

---Peyton Manning QB rating of 88.1

---Brett Favre QB rating of 86.9

---Dan Marino QB rating of 86.4

---TOM BRADY QB rating of 85.9

---Jim Kelly QB rating of 84.4

---Roger Staubauch QB rating of 83.4

---Dan Fouts QB rating of 80.2

---John Elway QB rating of 79.9

Your whole example of an 89 rating being so horrible is one of the poorest I have seen here in a while, if not EVER.

you can'tcompare qbs of the 80's/90's ratings with qbs of today because the game has been slanted in favor of offenses

of course qb ratings back then would be ALOT lower than qb ratings of today ( ints are lower today than back then)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes