Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ESPN Mosley Report:

Report: Garrett set to talk to Rams again
January 16, 2009 5:53 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is headed to St. Louis today for a second interview with the St. Louis Rams, according to NFL.com. All indications are that Garrett is now the No. 1 candidate for the Rams' head coaching vacancy.

I just spoke to a source at Valley Ranch who said that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will not try to talk Garrett out of taking the job. That means that Jones will likely be hiring another offensive coordinator.

But unless something goes wrong in the interview Friday, Garrett appears set to be named the Rams' new head coach Saturday. On Thursday, team officials said they wanted to make a decision by Saturday.

According to sources, Garrett will meet with former Rams president John Shaw, owner Chip Rosenbloom and new general manager Billy Devaney tonight. Much more to come on this.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Looks like Jason Garrett's the guy in St. Louis

maybe i will be proven wrong, but i never liked jason garrett as an OC in Dallas. i think he will be another terrible hire for that miserable franchise. thank god we arent rams fans

Garrett is no Vince Lombardi, but if this happens then the Cowboys are stuck with a crappy coach and no legitimate replacement.

This has FAIL written all over it.

ESPN Mosley Report:

Report: Garrett set to talk to Rams again
January 16, 2009 5:53 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is headed to St. Louis today for a second interview with the St. Louis Rams, according to NFL.com. All indications are that Garrett is now the No. 1 candidate for the Rams' head coaching vacancy.

I just spoke to a source at Valley Ranch who said that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will not try to talk Garrett out of taking the job. That means that Jones will likely be hiring another offensive coordinator.

But unless something goes wrong in the interview Friday, Garrett appears set to be named the Rams' new head coach Saturday. On Thursday, team officials said they wanted to make a decision by Saturday.

According to sources, Garrett will meet with former Rams president John Shaw, owner Chip Rosenbloom and new general manager Billy Devaney tonight. Much more to come on this.

I can not see how Jones is going to let Garrett walk....yet is hanging onto that waste product known as Wade "Bum Jr." Phillips..........

Garrett is no Vince Lombardi, but if this happens then the Cowboys are stuck with a crappy coach and no legitimate replacement.

Mike Shanahan...He's apparently tight with Jerry Jones...

I can not see how Jones is going to let Garrett walk....yet is hanging onto that waste product known as Wade "Bum Jr." Phillips..........

Jones doesn't have a choice. Its a promotion for Garrett.

As for Phillips, living in the Dallas area I'm not impressed with either Garrett or Phillips, to be honest. Garrett has as much blame for the failure of the Cowboys as Phillips does. Their offense was horrible most of the year.

It would be a blessing in disguise for the Cowboys if Garrett takes the head coaching job in St. Louis. Garrett should get canned for the way his offense has played during the season. I have never seen an offensive coordinator do so little with the amount of talent he had on that side of the ball. Although the trade for Roy E. Williams helps, Jerry Jones really panicked and overpayed for him. Not only is it pathetic to see the Lions steal a 1st, 3rd and 6th round pick from them, but Dallas also had to sign him to a big contract. Roy E. Williams better step up his game this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents