PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jabbar Gaffney Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad its not against NFL competition.

My read on him is that he catches a lot of short passes. Averages less than a TE in yardage, but that he does run good short routes.

It's a low risk potentially high reward signing, but those who think that Gaffney's signing addresses the need for a WR to stretch the field, are probably going to be very disappointed.

JoeSixPat said:
Too bad its not against NFL competition.

My read on him is that he catches a lot of short passes. Averages less than a TE in yardage, but that he does run good short routes.

It's a low risk potentially high reward signing, but those who think that Gaffney's signing addresses the need for a WR to stretch the field, are probably going to be very disappointed.

I think Gabriel and Jackson have that role. We've not really depended on that type of receiver before and we've got by.

Patten and Bethel were our speedsters.

The Patriots don't need a speed receiver. What they need is a possession receiver to go along with Troy Brown. They need the sure handed guy that gets open and catches the third down pass and moves the chains. That gives Maroney and Dillon another set of downs to pound the opposing Defense.

I'm delighted to hear that Gaffney is a possession type. For the first time I can understand why Philly was not enamored with him. The Iggles were trying to replace a big down field threat type WR that was TO, ( or Mushin Muhhamed or Doug Gabriel) and Gaffney isn't the TO/Doug Gabriel type.

BTW did you notice that the Patriots actually have Doug Gabriel type on the roster? "...building a team not accumulating stars..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back