• A bit... yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No - it works fine

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Kenneth Sims

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
It had been dreadfully slow for me from even before the upgrade. I‘ve needed to upgrade my 5+ year old iPhone for sometime and finally did so today. The slowness problem has been solved with the new phone.

Reactions: Ian

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
It had been dreadfully slow for me from even before the upgrade. I‘ve needed to upgrade my 5+ year old iPhone for sometime and finally did so today. The slowness problem has been solved with the new phone.
I have an iPhone 6S Plus, and it's been horrible on my phone for months. That said, I'm definitely not going to upgrade just for this one site...

Almost definitely. :)

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I have an iPhone 6S Plus, and it's been horrible on my phone for months. That said, I'm definitely not going to upgrade just for this one site...

Almost definitely. :)
I would think it's running better since the changeover...? Site speed overall is about 50% better, according to the analytics.

oldrover

PatsFans.com Supporter
I would think it's running better since the changeover...? Site speed overall is about 50% better, according to the analytics.
It's okay on the iPad... but brutal right now on my iPhone.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
It's okay on the iPad... but brutal right now on my iPhone.
Strange. My wife has an old 6 that I'll have her dig out and I'll test it. Wonder what it is that's slowing it down...I took out all the previous clutter, so there's not much on there to bog it down?

oldrover

PatsFans.com Supporter
Here's a question - is it worse or about the same as it was before on your phone?
About the same. I’ll click on a thread... takes forever to load... then I’ll scroll down... it gets only so far and goes blank and freezes. If I wait, it will then load a little more. Rinse, repeat.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
About the same. I’ll click on a thread... takes forever to load... then I’ll scroll down... it gets only so far and goes blank and freezes. If I wait, it will then load a little more. Rinse, repeat.
Ah - interesting. I'd be willing to bet it's embedded Tweets, which on mobile I know would slow down my Android phone.

oldrover

PatsFans.com Supporter
Ah - interesting. I'd be willing to bet it's embedded Tweets, which on mobile I know would slow down my Android phone.
Don't think so... it's happening on this thread, which has no tweets.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Don't think so... it's happening on this thread, which has no tweets.
No, it does. They're just not visible because they're hidden due to the lower resolution of you being on your phone. But they're still loading in the background. I'll fix it, just might need a day or two to do it. But I'd be willing to bet that will probably help you quite a bit.