PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is CD a Hall of Famer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In my Opinion Yes and I wouldnt think Twice. Two reasons that come to mind are 11,000+ and his 250+ game.

But with his conflicts with media (hall of fame voters) and the fact that he is running during a time that has alot of great backs could hurt his chances.

Pass the word if corey comes back to New England on another team next year we need to give him the loudest Corey! Corey! Corey! chant ever because we owe him for the greatest single season rushing year in Pats history.

In my Opinion Yes and I wouldnt think Twice. Two reasons that come to mind are 11,000+ and his 250+ game.

But with his conflicts with media (hall of fame voters) and the fact that he is running during a time that has alot of great backs could hurt his chances.

Pass the word if corey comes back to New England on another team next year we need to give him the loudest Corey! Corey! Corey! chant ever because we owe him for the greatest single season rushing year in Pats history.

Prior to 2003 I would say no...After 2004 ended theres no doubt he should be,although I think a few more productive years aides his chances.

I'm not sure he is a first ballot HOFer, and I think he himself may feel his achievements are marginal for HOF consideration.

As I posted in another thread, I think perhaps he is concerned that if he stays here, he won't get enough carries to guarantee himself a spot in Canton, and that (coupled with the team asking him to renegotiate rather than pay his option bonus) is what is really behind all this retirement/play somewhere else talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes