PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How things change

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing to see the warm responses towards Logan Ryan leaving, or Duron Harmon re-signing. Wouldn't have expected that based on the overall crowd's feelings earlier in their careers.

Ryan had his ups and downs, and was a popular whipping boy for a while. Hell, he even got benched earlier in the year. But he was great down the stretch, made lots of plays for us, and it is sad to see him go. Several times during his career, many fans would have been so happy to get rid of him, they would have drove him to the airport to help him leave that much sooner.

Harmon was the "annual reach" by BB according to many, not even invited to the combine, ****, another Rutgers guy, are you kidding me??? Now he is a valuable piece, a leader in the secondary, and a great re-signing.

The reason this comes to mind is Cyrus Jones. He had an atrocious rookie season. I am not a fan of his mental attitude. But I think we all need to be patient, as we learned with Ryan and Harmon. Don't boo the kid when he makes a mistake. Try to keep his spirits up.

Because players do hear you, even if they don't always admit it. Edelman has talked about remembering the boos during training camp when he was learning to field punts for the first time (and sucking at it).

So if we learned anything from Ryan and Harmon, we should show some patience with Jones. You don't have to buy his jersey or anything, but here's hoping he can follow the same path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes