PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How badly would they have beaten us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

al fernandes

Rookie
Reaction score
It is well understood and accepted in the football world that this is the age of mediocrity and within this understanding, the pats a a dynasty of sorts. A dynasty no doubt but one with a asterisk beside to denote the era of mediocity.

I know we do not compare to the great cowboy, 49er or steeler dynasties. Surely our best players, brady and rodney would be back ups on those great teams.

But my question is how badly would they have beaten us

they would not have beaten us. our players are bigger then theirs. since even ten years ago, players have gotten bigger, and more skilled. new things are being demanded from todays players, requireing more then just one job.

we would of crushed their o-line, and their d-line... by shear size. and when you win the lines, you win the game.

al fernandes said:
It is well understood and accepted in the football world that this is the age of mediocrity and within this understanding, the pats a a dynasty of sorts. A dynasty no doubt but one with a asterisk beside to denote the era of mediocity.

I know we do not compare to the great cowboy, 49er or steeler dynasties. Surely our best players, brady and rodney would be back ups on those great teams.

But my question is how badly would they have beaten us

Not a very good first post. You will be considered a troll until proven otherwise.

I am not sure we would have anyone who would even start for them. Even going back to the recent cowboys:
law over deon?
rodney over woodson?
seymor over haley
brady over aikman
the whole ol over allen
dillon over emmit

none - not even close

I would be surprised if the score was within 14

PS the cowboys ol was bigger than ours!!!!!

al fernandes said:
I am not sure we would have anyone who would even start for them. Even going back to the recent cowboys:
law over deon?
rodney over woodson?
seymor over haley
brady over aikman
the whole ol over allen
dillon over emmit

none - not even close

I would be surprised if the score was within 14

PS the cowboys ol was bigger than ours!!!!!

Yours... you mean yours... Cowboy Troll...

Ignoring the trolls is the only way to make them go away.

Click here

(This link brought to you as a public service from Bullsheet-Free Message Boards)

al fernandes said:
I know we do not compare to the great cowboy, 49er or steeler dynasties. Surely our best players, brady and rodney would be back ups on those great teams. But my question is how badly would they have beaten us
:eek:
You've either got to be kidding or you are a visitor from another team....
Last year's pat's team would have absolutely decimated any team from any era. Period. Heck, they'd have decimated an all star team of super-stars from all of those teams combined. Total slaughter. Todays players aren't only much larger, they are extremely fast, athletic and agile. The linemen of today are as quick and agile as the great running backs of yesteryear. And they're a foot taller and have over a hundred pounds on 'em.

A Cowboy troll...that's a first.

u DA MAN... Mr. T!!!

i wonder if he thinks troy is better then brady

Michael Irvin, is that you?

While Al is most certainly a troll, I give credence to one of his arguments.

I don't think great teams of the 60's, 70's, & 80's could compete favorably with the Pats of today. However, I don't think players from the 90's are that far removed. The Boys of the 90's OL was huge for that era, all were at or above 300lbs if memory serves me right. Their defense had great speed as well as playmakers.

It was also before the salary cap which allowed the teams to stock up not only a great starting line-up, but also great depth.

If those teams had to deal with the salary cap, they would not have been able to keep all of the players on their rosters. The Patriots have had to let good players go to other teams because of the salary cap(i.e.Milloy,Law,Woody).

This is definately a troll post(Cowboys troll).

Bella*chick said:
Michael Irvin, is that you?
No, :rolleyes: he got his head stuck under the front seat again!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ignoring the trolls is the only way to make them go away.

Click here

(This link brought to you as a public service from Bullsheet-Free Message Boards)
LOL, nice.

As mentioned the Patriots would have won over any of those teams as the NFL players are bigger, stronger and faster now. How good are they relative to their competition compared to the other teams ? Who knows. And I don't care. They're winning Super Bowls and that all we can know for sure.

al fernandes said:
law over deon?
rodney over woodson?
seymor over haley
brady over aikman
the whole ol over allen
dillon over emmit

none - not even close

We can haggle over the above comparisons but the whole world will agree the Cowboys beat us hands down for most arrests and convictions.

groundgame said:
al fernandes said:
We can haggle over the above comparisons but the whole world will agree the Cowboys beat us hands down for most arrests and convictions.

No doubt about it. Also, they win for most melodrama. Remember the Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson divorce? High comedy. I'm convinced that at one point Jones was seriously considering coaching the Cowboys by himself. And there were arguments over who was the real "Michael Jordan" of the team?

pats1 said:
A Cowboy troll...that's a first.

That's because when they use the computer, there's usually lots of White-out on the screen..................
Just my $0.02,

texpat said:
While Al is most certainly a troll, I give credence to one of his arguments.

I don't think great teams of the 60's, 70's, & 80's could compete favorably with the Pats of today. However, I don't think players from the 90's are that far removed. The Boys of the 90's OL was huge for that era, all were at or above 300lbs if memory serves me right. Their defense had great speed as well as playmakers.

It was also before the salary cap which allowed the teams to stock up not only a great starting line-up, but also great depth.

It was also before steroid testing.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results