PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Having fun in Philly ?

I love watching Fecals Post-Game Live on CSNPhilthy after a loss...The wailing & gnashing of teeth gives me a just a wee bit of satisfaction...

Hey if the players & coaches weren't such sore winners I would probably have sympathy for them...But they were, so...feck 'em.

Unfortunately they are in first place and likely will make the playoffs...........despite Wentz and a 3-5-1 record..
division is 1-17-1 playing outside division.. Never saw such a ****ty division before.

Unfortunately they are in first place and likely will make the playoffs...........despite Wentz and a 3-5-1 record..
division is 1-17-1 playing outside division.. Never saw such a ****ty division before.
It will make for a hilarious first round - regardless of the NFCE participant. We might see the playoff equivalent of the butt fumble.

I hope the Eagles build a statue to commemorate the moment when Pederson is fired or quits.

In 2017, the Eagles were 17 for 26 in converting 4th downs for a 65.4% success rate. Their opponents were only 4 for 18 on 4th down for a 22.2% success rate. The league average that year for 4th down success was 45.1%. The next season, the Eagles 4th down conversion percentage was still very good at 60.9% (14 for 23), but their opponents success rate more than doubled to 57.9% (11 for 19.) Last year, Philadelphia's 4th down percentage fell to 33.3% (8 for 24) while their opponents converted 61.1% of 4th downs against the Eagles. So far, this year, the Eagles are at 29% converting 4th downs..

I don't bring this up to say the Eagles were merely lucky on 4th down in 2017. Pederson still had to call the right plays and his team had to execute them. They've kept the same aggressive philosophy, but their success rate on 4th down has come back towards the league average or fallen below it. Maybe what's hurt them more is that their 4th down defense in 2017 was outstanding but they haven't come close to matching that performance since then. Philadelphia has made the playoffs 3 years in a row and even Pederson's worst season is 7-9. Maybe he can get them to consistently win double digit games (that won't start this year) and advance in the playoffs. If not, that 2017 season is going to be an aberration.

I love watching Fecals Post-Game Live on CSNPhilthy after a loss...The wailing & gnashing of teeth gives me a just a wee bit of satisfaction...

Hey if the players & coaches weren't such sore winners I would probably have sympathy for them...But they were, so...feck 'em.
I also have nothing at all against the guys on that post-game show...Michael Barkann is a former Channel 56 sports reporter/anchor; Ray Didinger is one of the best sportswriters in the entire country and has been for a very long time; former All-Pro LB Seth Joiner is brutally honest, doesn't make excuses and isn't afraid to name names; and even former OLman Barrett Brooks generally says what he feels (though every other phrase begins or ends with You Know...)...It's seeing the faces of Melonhead Dougie & Lane Johnson especially that give me the most pleasure...

It will make for a hilarious first round - regardless of the NFCE participant. We might see the playoff equivalent of the butt fumble.
they'll probably play the saints. They should have the best record for wild card teams.

Omg 3-5-1 with 7 to play; probable losses to the browns, saints, seahawks, cards, and packers and wins to boys and Washington. Division winner with 5 wins?! With that, one would think the other teams might be able to make a move, but have any of them suggested they can. Can this season get any weirder?

I guess I’ve never thought of this before. Does this mean if first place in the NFCE finishes at 5-10-1 and makes the playoff for winning division, they would lose out on their premium draft pick?

I guess I’ve never thought of this before. Does this mean if first place in the NFCE finishes at 5-10-1 and makes the playoff for winning division, they would lose out on their premium draft pick?
I think so, I think the playoff teams always pick after non playoff teams despite record.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back