PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe: Danny Amendola "progressing very well"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can believe about 20% of what we read and most of that is typically vague and consistent with many scenarios. Here at Patsfans, its our job to fill in the missing pieces with hopes, dreams, concerns, and speculations.

Amendola sounds like he is trolling us right now:

New England Patriots' Danny Amendola: 'So far, so good' - ESPN Boston

So he wants everyone to know he's feeling good right now, but just in case he's not back for another 6 weeks or so, it's just one of those things, you never can tell, ya know? :bricks:

I think what he is saying makes perfect sense. It may feel fine right now but by the morning the muscles can stiffen up and he can take a step back. The same is true for every subsequent practice until game day. This is why injury reports are sometimes pointless. The only thing that matters is can they play on game day.

I don't know if the report is true or not, but it seems his father is calling the shots. I don't blame Gordie for being overly cautious with his son who has had multiple surgeries, but he isn't a doctor and he isn't the player.

And Pro athletes with irreplaceable skills sets don't have the luxury. Plenty of elite players in this town who were perceived of holding out until they are 100% have been killed in this town.

Gronk is in an unique situation because a large portion of the fan base seem to have no problem with him sitting out an indefinite amount of time so "he will be healthy in the playoffs". It seemed at least half the fanbase wanted him on PUP even if he was ready weeks earlier just to be sure. Few players get that kind of leeway.

Exactly. I don't fault any player for being concerned with the health status of their bodies. That and their on field production are their meal ticket. Simple solution; go find an unbiased doctor and get a second opinion. And while you're at it go get a third opinion if needed. But if the doctors are in agreement your body is good to go, Dad's blessing is irrelevant. So if Gronk is concerned about the team's physician's opinion simply go get another one and have the doctors confer. It's an utterly simple answer to health concerns.

I don't think that is the case. This 'rift' was simply made up in order to increase hits/advertising revenue by using/twisting a parent's 'I want my boy to be healthy and not get hurt again' normal concern. And while Gronk will have some butterflies about getting back on the field after this long, chances that he is holding off on playing even with doctors saying "you're god" is pretty unlikely for a lifetime football player. Most of these lifers love and are passionate about playing the game and, ultimately, are itching to get back on the field always. And if Gronk deep down doesn't feel that way at this point, this would be extremely concerning.

Based on Florio's reports the last few weeks, it seems the Gronk camp's plan from day one no matter how he progressed was to sit out the first five weeks and return week 6. If that is the case, the Pats need to take some kind of action against Gronk (maybe suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team). It is one thing to hold out because he isn't ready, it is another for a player and his family to set an arbitrary date to return and refuse to play even if he is ready. I really hope these reports are wrong, but there is a mounting evidence that people on Gronk's side are convincing him to hold out until week 6.

Is it possible the team doctors gave him the ok but he just doesn't feel right yet?

Is it possible the team doctors gave him the ok but he just doesn't feel right yet?

Considering that the Pats team doctor is a complete quack... yeah. It's certainly possible, if not probable, that this is what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST