PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glenn Ordway out at WEEI !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say the 2003 Patriots season still sticks in my craw with WEEI. They went directly from Red Sox playoff talk to endless talk about the potential trade of ARod to the Sox (which obiviously never happened). I know it would have been a blockbuster trade if it happened, but they just continued to rehash the same news stories over and over again totally ignoring the fact the Pats were on a 14-2 run and the best team in football.

It was like:

"Well, it has been two weeks since any new news on the potential trade of ARod to the Sox. Which means we have a lot of ARod trade rumor talk to talk about for the entire show. Oh, BTW, the Pats are 11-2 and can lock up homefield advantage this weekend. Stay tuned to 5:40 and we'll try to squeeze in a solid two minutes of in depth Patriots talk before we stoke up the Whiner Line."

Seriously, the hosts were almost shocked that the Pats went 14-2 that season with the way they ignored the Patriots.

I remember that as well. Totally different vibe from 2001 when they were really pumping up the team as a team of destiny and riling up the fan base. 2003 was the absolute worst.

I'll take these in order -
To the earlier Beatles Sergeant Pepper period mustaches - The Beatles were already well established by then. That's a case of image tweaking in order not to not wear out the original mop top formula. They would never happened in the beginning had they showed up on the scene singing "She Loves You" with freaking mustaches. The chicks woulda stayed away in droves.
Same goes for the latter pics of Prince, Freddy Mercury, & Dave Grohl. All 3 of their mustaches are again, image variation after the original clean shaven look that had broken them big. None would've initially happened if they came through the record company door with a mustache.
And in Dave Grohl's case, that's not a mustache, per se. It's a hipster FAUX stache. If you're familiar with the term, it's a joke mustache worn by someone who normally wouldn't wear one. It's more of a "Hey, check my mustache out. Don'tcha think it's strange for someone with my personality to be sporting one?"
That's the deal behind Grohl's. His is more of the Hipster Fauxstache social statement.
And again, Nirvana wouldn't have happened if they had Mustaches. Grunge Goatees? Yes. Mustaches? No. And don't even think of bringing up Chris Cornell.
Google Kurt Cobain's "Mr. Mustache" song & comic strip and maybe you'll find out his opinion on mustaches.
And again, Groh's Foo Fighters wouldn't have happened without Nirvana. I shudder at even putting the two in the same sentence.

Lastly, you gave me pics of Zappa & Lemmy. Those have gotta be two of the ugliest males who ever made it in Rock. Zappa & Lemmy have mustaches to cover ther ugly faces. Know who listens to Zappa? Nerdy guys who can't get laid. And Motorhead? Uneducated lower class boltheads.
Both of them fall under the Frank Marino/Spinal Tap social suicide category.

And Jim Croce isn't Rock.

And ya gotta be a dink in the first place to give micro examples which are exceptions to the rule when it's obvious someone else is purposely making a broad generality in a large category. Ya think those above musicians didn't come to mind when I was making my original point? Of course they did, Einstein. Duh.

I stand by my original point of mustaches looking out of place on Rock Star's faces. All in all, NOT a good look. Oh, excuse me. Maybe I should make it more numerically accurate...

Okay, mustaches look like garbage on NINETY NINE POINT NINE PERCENT of Rock Star's faces. There. Ya feel placated now???
It's like one person saying "The Patriots defense is horrible." Then another person saying "Did you not see the strip sack the week before last?"
It's called "making generalities", you fricking ding bats.
Mustaches blow. There's yer generalit.y right there
On Tom Selleck? NO. On MOST males? YES... and ESPECIALLY those in the Rock music field.

Tell you what, run a small indie record label in a major city for 15 years, then you can talk to me. (or run a Progressive Rock magazine. Tunescribe is the only one I know of around here who's qualified to speak to me on this matter. Why did I talk sociology on a freaking football fan board anyway? I guess you could say it's the same concept as Grohl's fauxstache. lol.)

Lastly, back to what triggered this essay in the first place...

Glen Ordway looks like a total lunchpail-toting tard with that gross mustache. But hey, sportsradio is the perfect place for males like that. Maybe they could replace him with the mustached curmudgeon from Parks & Recreation. Same type of guy.

Good riddance.

I agree with Joker on most things, but I think he has severely underestimated the righteous passion behind this rather impressive rant. Well done, Pewster.

By the way, Bob Seger just checked in and is curious how you feel about goatees (Van Dykes).

Attachments

• Bob Seger-AES-061129.jpg
    Bob Seger-AES-061129.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 93
I agree with Joker on most things, but I think he has severely underestimated the righteous passion behind this rather impressive rant. Well done, Pewster.

By the way, Bob Seger just checked in and is curious how you feel about goatees (Van Dykes).

Ahh, someone who understands the passion behind the rant. I knew you would. Boy, that dang Joker sure can get up my wazoo sumtimes. I occasionally fight with guys over here whom I otherwise like. I, on occasion, just feel like ripping off an off-topic rant.

Bob Seger's goatee? Acceptable. Yes, goatees are an acceptable image in Rock.
Mustaches? Oy. Don't get me stated again. lol.
I'll havta admit Jon Anderson's circa 1975 Olias was kinda cute tho.
YEAH, but in an elfin "Lord of The Rings fairy wood nymph" typa way. haa haa haaa.
That thin gold neck choker he wore in '75 was totally cool. Those rule.

To the earlier Beatles Sergeant Pepper period mustaches - The Beatles were already well established by then. That's a case of image tweaking in order not to not wear out the original mop top formula. They would never happened in the beginning had they showed up on the scene singing "She Loves You" with freaking mustaches. The chicks woulda stayed away in droves.
Same goes for the latter pics of Prince, Freddy Mercury, & Dave Grohl. All 3 of their mustaches are again, image variation after the original clean shaven look that had broken them big. None would've initially happened if they came through the record company door with a mustache.
You said "mustaches are career suicide in Rock." Now you're moving the goalposts by saying "mustaches are career suicide in Rock unless you're already established."

I'd destroy that ridiculous logic too, only I'm sure you'd just up and move the goalposts again.

You said "mustaches are career suicide in Rock." Now you're moving the goalposts by saying "mustaches are career suicide in Rock unless you're already established."

I'd destroy that ridiculous logic too, only I'm sure you'd just up and move the goalposts again.

Whatever, man. Knock yourself out.

Without question, WEEI's commercial interests have artificially driven Red Sox "demand" for years.

Winning 2 world series and being competitive for a good 7 year stretch certainly didn't hurt. I don't think EEI drove up demand much those years but maybe over the last few, I don't really know because I havent listened to them since 2009.

They sure weren't driving up demand in May of 2011 when I had an extra pair of tickets that I couldn't give away outside the stadium. Sell out streak still going my ass.

Whatever, man. Knock yourself out.

tumblr_loew2s4FdQ1qld9nso1_500.png

And in Dave Grohl's case, that's not a mustache, per se. It's a hipster FAUX stache. If you're familiar with the term, it's a joke mustache worn by someone who normally wouldn't wear one. It's more of a "Hey, check my mustache out. Don'tcha think it's strange for someone with my personality to be sporting one?"
That's the deal behind Grohl's. His is more of the Hipster Fauxstache social statement.
And again, Nirvana wouldn't have happened if they had Mustaches. Grunge Goatees? Yes. Mustaches? No. And don't even think of bringing up Chris Cornell.
Google Kurt Cobain's "Mr. Mustache" song & comic strip and maybe you'll find out his opinion on mustaches.
And again, Groh's Foo Fighters wouldn't have happened without Nirvana. I shudder at even putting the two in the same sentence.

Lastly, you gave me pics of Zappa & Lemmy. Those have gotta be two of the ugliest males who ever made it in Rock. Zappa & Lemmy have mustaches to cover ther ugly faces. Know who listens to Zappa? Nerdy guys who can't get laid. And Motorhead? Uneducated lower class boltheads.
Both of them fall under the Frank Marino/Spinal Tap social suicide category.

And Jim Croce isn't Rock.

And ya gotta be a dink in the first place to give micro examples which are exceptions to the rule when it's obvious someone else is purposely making a broad generality in a large category. Ya think those above musicians didn't come to mind when I was making my original point? Of course they did, Einstein. Duh.

I stand by my original point of mustaches looking out of place on Rock Star's faces. All in all, NOT a good look. Oh, excuse me. Maybe I should make it more numerically accurate...

Okay, mustaches look like garbage on NINETY NINE POINT NINE PERCENT of Rock Star's faces. There. Ya feel placated now???
It's like one person saying "The Patriots defense is horrible." Then another person saying "Did you not see the strip sack the week before last?"
It's called "making generalities", you fricking ding bats.
Mustaches blow. There's yer generalit.y right there
On Tom Selleck? NO. On MOST males? YES... and ESPECIALLY those in the Rock music field.

Tell you what, run a small indie record label in a major city for 15 years, then you can talk to me. (or run a Progressive Rock magazine. Tunescribe is the only one I know of around here who's qualified to speak to me on this matter. Why did I talk sociology on a freaking football fan board anyway? I guess you could say it's the same concept as Grohl's fauxstache. lol.)

Lastly, back to what triggered this essay in the first place...

Glen Ordway looks like a total lunchpail-toting tard with that gross mustache. But hey, sportsradio is the perfect place for males like that. Maybe they could replace him with the mustached curmudgeon from Parks & Recreation. Same type of guy.

Good riddance.

I can't believe you spent all that time writing a rebuttal.

Winning 2 world series and being competitive for a good 7 year stretch certainly didn't hurt. I don't think EEI drove up demand much those years but maybe over the last few, I don't really know because I havent listened to them since 2009.

They sure weren't driving up demand in May of 2011 when I had an extra pair of tickets that I couldn't give away outside the stadium. Sell out streak still going my ass.

The bigger issue is that baseball as a professional sport is slipping into anachronism -- slow, tradition-bound and boring as hell. Boston's inbred parochialism and quaint antique ballpark have kept it alive locally but it's losing steam, especially with young people.

I can't believe you spent all that time writing a rebuttal.

Yeah, but that rebuttal was hip slickin' cool.
Ya can't believe I spent all that time writing a rebuttal?
What? 15 eternal minutes worth?

Wow, a whole whopping 15 minutes spent typing about Rock! God, who'd care to devote that much time to something like that?

What? That too obsessive in your book???

I can write Rock for days on end and have. I got ta pontificate about Rock on a level NONE of you fools can come anywhere close to doing (again, 'cept for Tunescribe). I can type that sort of thing all day long.

I dunno, Rock only paid my bills in Manhattan for 15 fricking years.
Only spoken to 10's of thousands of people about it.

And got PAID to do it too.

... ya jack munches.

Know what's whack to me? Some of you tards going back & fourth with these arm's-length long posts about freaking FOOTBALL, of all things.
It's like you goons are here in headsets and clutching clipboards.
Somebody play college ball or had some paid position? Fine.
As for the rest of you... well.

(btw, that pic Joker posted of that walrus 'stached guy made me smile. I can tell there's a decent guy with a decent grasp of things behind Joker's body of work around here. Yeah man, but some of the rest of you guys? I can tell you leave much to be desired. heh heh.
If I wasn't such a Pats freak since the late 70's who has the junior high school lumps to prove it, boy, I wouldn't miss a decent number a' u guys. haaa haa.

rant over. :p

As a geologist, I know more about rock than anyone here

Yeah, but that rebuttal was hip slickin' cool.

What? That too obsessive in your book???

I can write Rock for days on end and have. I got ta pontificate about Rock on a level NONE of you fools can come anywhere close to doing (again, 'cept for Tunescribe). I can type that sort of thing all day long.

... ya jack munches.

Know what's whack to me? Some of you tards going back & fourth with these arm's-length long posts about freaking FOOTBALL, of all things.
It's like you goons are here in headsets and clutching clipboards.
Somebody play college ball or had some paid position? Fine.
As for the rest of you... well.

(btw, that pic Joker posted of that walrus 'stached guy made me smile. I can tell there's a decent guy with a decent grasp of things behind Joker's body of work around here. Yeah man, but some of the rest of you guys? I can tell you leave much to be desired. heh heh.
If I wasn't such a Pats freak since the late 70's who has the junior high school lumps to prove it, boy, I wouldn't miss a decent number a' u guys. haaa haa.

"jack munches", "tards" talking about football? This is, after all, a football site, ya know? You've managed to insult 99.9% of this site's followers in a single post. With your schtick, you must have a ton of friends in the rock industry.

Gotta love guys who roll their job history on a forum. Let me guess, in your spare time, you're a french model? :rofl:

"jack munches", "tards" talking about football? This is, after all, a football site, ya know? You've managed to insult 99.9% of this site's followers in a single post. With your schtick, you must have a ton of friends in the rock industry.

And therein lies its beauty.

Again, here's another one whom I gotta bang over the head with a sledgehammer to get them to recognize INTENT.
"Who he heck would go on a football board and insult people for typing about football? That's totally ridiculous."
Someone who's peeved and just wants to let 'er rip at that point would, that's who.
And plus, I'm probably the only one who's ever done that around here.
That's Rock & Roll.

And I don't have a ton of friends in the Rock Industry anymore since it doesn't exist in the year 2013 as it once did in the 80's & 90's. The internet made damn sure of that around the millennium. Napster was the death knell and a harbinger of things to come.
See a bustling record store lately?
See a steady stream of Rock Bands rotating in and out of your local 10 thousand seat arena lately?
See any Rock videos on MTV lately?
Yeah, I thought so.
My business, and a lot of other peoples', went out the window alongside all of that stuff.
And I've always hated people calling it the Rock "Industry" anyway. What is this, the Industrial Revolution? It sounds too impersonal & mechanical.

I'm definitely bitter, but after my off-topic Patsfans rant, I feel more better. (< go ahead, point out that redundant adverbial phrase as if I did it accidently, you oblivious feetbawl typin' tards. :D)

Gotta love guys who roll their job history on a forum. Let me guess, in your spare time, you're a french model? :rofl:

I can't believe you said that.
For starters, the whole time I ran an indie record label in New York, I'd throw it into the faces of guys like you all the time. Sure shut 'em up.
And the French Model thing? Had one of those, actually.
In May of 2002, I was at my storage locker checking my label's inventory. Along comes a girl and opens up the locker directly next to mine. Well, I had my c.d.'s & videotapes spread all over the floor. She spreads her cosmetic inventory out next to mine.
Gee, what a great conversational ice breaker.
Well, we get to talking. Her name was Cecile. She was from France. She was in Manhattan, sent by The Darphin Cosmetics Company. She did modeling work and was here to land accounts at Soho Boutiques for her company.
Well, I happened to work on Soho on the weekends. I knew more about France than most other males because my father was a French teacher & vacationed there 19 times. I could speak broken French. All-in-all, a great guy to hang around with for a small-time French Model who'd just gotten to New York and doesn't know anybody yet.
I was 35 and she 31.
Bada-bing. French Model girlfriend for 8 months in the latter part of 2002.

You walked face-first into that one, jack munch.

And yeah, for the record. I'm just better than you are. (Man, there's gotta be a God. The French Model softball was just a little too perfect.)

What a burn.

Oh, and I'm drop dead gorgeous too. Suck it, you piece of garbage.

Anyone who stays up all night doing that with The Ramones after a gig at My Father's Place in Roslyn Long Island, is tops in my book.
Johnny was such a control freak. In their documentary, End Of The Century, the interviewer confronts him about how he stole Joey's girlfriend and ended up marrying her. Johnny doesn't answer and turns to the woman in question (now his wife). She was off camera and he turns his head way around and asks,"Did I steal you?" She's too intimidated to answer & remains mum. He persists, hell bent on getting the answer he wants. He asks her again,"Did I steal you?"
I don't remember if she ever actually answered him, but that's not what you take away from the moment.
What does come through was how aggressive & dominating Johnny Ramone was as a personality. She was scared to not do what he was wanting. Yikes. lol.

I can't believe you said that.
For starters, the whole time I ran an indie record label in New York, I'd throw it into the faces of guys like you all the time. Sure shut 'em up.
And the French Model thing? Had one of those, actually.
In May of 2002, I was at my storage locker checking my label's inventory. Along comes a girl and opens up the locker directly next to mine. Well, I had my c.d.'s & videotapes spread all over the floor. She spreads her cosmetic inventory out next to mine.
Gee, what a great conversational ice breaker.
Well, we get to talking. Her name was Cecile. She was from France. She was in Manhattan, sent by The Darphin Cosmetics Company. She did modeling work and was here to land accounts at Soho Boutiques for her company.
Well, I happened to work on Soho on the weekends. I knew more about France than most other males because my father was a French teacher & vacationed there 19 times. I could speak broken French. All-in-all, a great guy to hang around with for a small-time French Model who'd just gotten to New York and doesn't know anybody yet.
I was 35 and she 31.
Bada-bing. French Model girlfriend for 8 months in the latter part of 2002.

You walked face-first into that one, jack munch.

And yeah, for the record. I'm just better than you are. (Man, there's gotta be a God. The French Model softball was just a little too perfect.)

What a burn.

Oh, and I'm drop dead gorgeous too. Suck it, you piece of garbage.

You obviously don't watch too much television. You are just clowning yourself at this point. Keep it coming though, it's pretty entertaining for the off season. Dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes