PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot STer Kelley Washington signs with Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see him catch on with somebody. Really good special teams play in '07 but doomed by injuries last year. For what his role was as a ST player, you couldn't really justify his $800k salary and $1.08 cap number, especially when you factor in possible question marks about his health and durability. I'll be curious to find out what his new contract is for; does anybody recall if he was given an option to return to the Pats for less pay and he refused, or if BB simply decided to move on regardless?

I did have to laugh a little bit at the comments below the article. Despite pointing out the fact that Washington has been strictly a special teams player, every comment was focused solely on the wide receiver position.

It was a fine line between him and Aiken. Aiken as a better reciever, but Washington was a better STer. Washington had a few extra bucks against the cap which set his fate.

The ravens already had a great ST, they only got better.

I wonder if Baltimore promised to give him some more time at receiver. He didn't become at full time ST guy until he came to NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes