PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN SCouts on Top Asst's to be HC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsSteve1

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2713743

Every season, several assistant coaches, whether they contribute to the success of a Super Bowl contender or lift the fortunes of a particular unit, emerge as head-coaching candidates. Scouts Inc. identifies the assistants who have distinguished themselves the most this season and who will likely be setting their sights on bigger things in the offseason.

* They have 10 listed. Here's number 10:

10. Josh McDaniels
Offensive coordinator, New England McDaniels is another young coach who is on the fast track to becoming a head coach. Belichick has a tremendous amount of respect for McDaniels' ability to keep defenses off balance with his play-calling. He is a smart, instinctive coach who has a great understanding of the Patriots' system in drafting and developing players. McDaniels is an outstanding evaluator of talent. He has done a great job with QB Tom Brady and is very similar to Jets head coach Eric Mangini in building team chemistry as it relates best to organizational concepts.

* Seems somebody likes Josh

:rofl:

Every season, several assistant coaches, whether they contribute to the success of a Super Bowl contender or lift the fortunes of a particular unit, emerge as head-coaching candidates. Scouts Inc. identifies the assistants who have distinguished themselves the most this season and who will likely be setting their sights on bigger things in the offseason.

10. Josh McDaniels
Offensive coordinator, New England McDaniels is another young coach who is on the fast track to becoming a head coach. Belichick has a tremendous amount of respect for McDaniels' ability to keep defenses off balance with his play-calling. He is a smart, instinctive coach who has a great understanding of the Patriots' system in drafting and developing players. McDaniels is an outstanding evaluator of talent. He has done a great job with QB Tom Brady and is very similar to Jets head coach Eric Mangini in building team chemistry as it relates best to organizational concepts.

Where do they have NEM ranked?

10. Josh McDaniels

How can this be?
This forum's #1 asshat disdains the guy's accomplishments.
As if he's accomplished anything of worth in his miserable life.

I set the over/under for a NEM post at 3 minutes.

Wow, surprisingly you're wrong.

McDaniels will end up in Buffalo.... Just you watch.

10. Josh McDaniels

Wow, you mean he's running the draft in addition to his QB coach and OC duties?

Wow, you mean he's running the draft in addition to his QB coach and OC duties?
BB does send his coordinators and position coaches out to supplement the Scout's work - additionally, Josh got his start with the Pats in the Scouting department. :D

10. Josh McDaniels
Offensive coordinator, New England McDaniels is another young coach who is on the fast track to becoming a head coach. Belichick has a tremendous amount of respect for McDaniels' ability to keep defenses off balance with his play-calling.:rofl: He is a smart, instinctive coach who has a great understanding of the Patriots' system in drafting and developing players. McDaniels is an outstanding evaluator of talent. He has done a great job with QB Tom Brady and is very similar to Jets head coach Eric Mangini in building team chemistry as it relates best to organizational concepts.

tongue_in_cheek.gif
??????????

It's filling sand bags preparing to fort up against Box_O_Rocks Anti-NEM Army.

Thankfully Josh is just too young to get a HC job - I would think. If we were to lose him him offseason I might cry.

BB does send his coordinators and position coaches out to supplement the Scout's work - additionally, Josh got his start with the Pats in the Scouting department. :D

Now we know who to blame chad jackson's faults on. I am being totally sracastic in this.

I can see based on the offensive performance with limited wr star talent how Josh could be viewed as good. But at the same time the game plan was clearly trying to force the run and IMO it didn't work too well. We've seen a shift the last two games to the spread formation with multiple wr's. Now if Josh still had Deion and Givens I would think this offense would be top 3 in the league and I could see him viewed as a big time rising star. But I think Brady has put as much input into the offense as JM.

I think it's an age thing too that helps him. Dan Pees has probably been a better Coord. but based on his age won't be viewed as a hot prospect.

10. Josh McDaniels

Well Gee Whiz,

Maybe its not so daffy a concept. My opinion that Josh McD merits some consideration for the Assistant Coach of the Year award (if such a award actually existed).

He has taken the equivalent of a second year expansion club's offensive roster, in terms of rooks, sophs and newcomers, unacquainted with each other, and the NFL like an expansion club usually is, and not only got it organized and playing like a team. But he got that collection of newbies (ten rooks, sophs or newbies) into an Offense in the top ten of the league.

Meanwhile our local critics complain about consistency? Its amazing that they are as consistent as they are !!

Think people ! How consistent and organized is the typical second year expansion club??

Its early for JM, but give him 4 or 5 more seasons to get to be an old man like Eric mangini, and HC offers will be queued on his doorstep. Just like Charlie Weis, the last incompetent High School coach to occupy the position. :cool:

Well Gee Whiz,

Maybe its not so daffy a concept. My opinion that Josh McD merits some consideration for the Assistant Coach of the Year award (if such a award actually existed).

He has taken the equivalent of a second year expansion club's offensive roster, in terms of rooks, sophs and newcomers, unacquainted with each other, and the NFL like an expansion club usually is, and not only got it organized and playing like a team. But he got that collection of newbies (ten rooks, sophs or newbies) into an Offense in the top ten of the league.

Meanwhile our local critics complain about consistency? Its amazing that they are as consistent as they are !!

Think people ! How consistent and organized is the typical second year expansion club??

Its early for JM, but give him 4 or 5 more seasons to get to be an old man like Eric mangini, and HC offers will be queued on his doorstep. Just like Charlie Weis, the last incompetent High School coach to occupy the position. :cool:

I think he's done a good job except for trying to force the run with the power I formation too much between the 20's.

I think the offense's strength is brady in the spread formation and i hope they have woken up to the realization they are not a power team and should utilize their strength more which is brady.

Give McDaniels a star recv'r or two and this offense might take off after brady and the recv'r spend some time together.

I think he's done a good job except for trying to force the run with the power I formation too much between the 20's.

I think the offense's strength is brady in the spread formation and i hope they have woken up to the realization they are not a power team and should utilize their strength more which is brady.

Give McDaniels a star recv'r or two and this offense might take off after brady and the recv'r spend some time together.

But we are talking about what he DID,, wiht what he's GOT. Sure give Brady Harrison and Wayne and he might look like Paymeaton too, but they aren't here, and ain't coming...

I don't see McDaniels getting a HC job anytime soon. The chances he does alot without Belichick's help is slim. Also, at his age it would be a disaster ... he can wait a good 5 years and take his pick of teams that might want him as opposed to jumping like Mangina did.

BTW: Whatever happened to hot college coaches getting HC jobs in the NFL ... talk about bad ideas ... that has cooled a bit.

* The Patriots have never, and I doubt will ever with BB here, run the same O against every team. Every D is different and with some the spread O will work better than others.

Maybe the Giants will get a jump on the future and just make him HC/GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back