PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Devonta Freeman: We can do whatever we want against NE Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will put almost 3x more points than we allow per game (15)? LOL
Yeah that makes sense. After all in 17 years of coaching the patriots BB has allowed 40 4 times.

Malcolm and Mccourty glued to Julio all game.
I would like to see Spry Bennett that could be the difference in the game.

Ryan and McC please. No need to use your best corner while doubling, even for Julio. Think Julio is the kind of receiver Ryan excels against as well.

Speaking of media hyperbole, we have some going on right here. Can anyone show me ONE item where a doctor, team official, or even an adam shecter like reporter has come out and said that Mack has a high ankle sprain that might sffect his play.....even one.

Yet some how in the thread its gone from specualtion of a high ankle sprain to gospel. :rolleyes:

About the OP, who cares. I've pretty much turned off the media coverage of this game other than here and PFT. The game's going to be played between the lines and pretty much ALL of what happens before it is meaningless and a collossal waste of time.

Trust me. These are two good teams. I think the Pats are slightly better because of the coaching QB, and defense. But even that doesn't matter. The team that can create the most TO's and score the most TDs when the get to the red zone will win. Its just that simple. EVERY one of the Pats apperances in the superbowl under BB have been decided by LESS than a TD. There is no reason to believe that this one will be different.

T[/QUO

Speaking of media hyperbole, we have some going on right here. Can anyone show me ONE item where a doctor, team official, or even an adam shecter like reporter has come out and said that Mack has a high ankle sprain that might sffect his play.....even one.

Yet some how in the thread its gone from specualtion of a high ankle sprain to gospel. :rolleyes:

About the OP, who cares. I've pretty much turned off the media coverage of this game other than here and PFT. The game's going to be played between the lines and pretty much ALL of what happens before it is meaningless and a collossal waste of time.

Trust me. These are two good teams. I think the Pats are slightly better because of the coaching QB, and defense. But even that doesn't matter. The team that can create the most TO's and score the most TDs when the get to the red zone will win. Its just that simple. EVERY one of the Pats apperances in the superbowl under BB have been decided by LESS than a TD. There is no reason to believe that this one will be different.

T
/thread

Wouldn't it be more resourceful if we planted Logan on Julio with safety help and glued Butler to another receiver?

Yeah that makes sense. After all in 17 years of coaching the patriots BB has allowed 40 4 times.

Imagine the type of reaction if we were against the GOAT QB and NFL player, and the #3 O and #1 D.

I can't wait for all the revisionist history on the Monday after the Superbowl when the mediots will tell us all along that the Falcons were paper tigers.

So far they have been a one season wonder - i'd be much more worried about the Seahawks than I would the Falcons who's abilities have been blown way out of proportion (and deliberately so).

The Patriots D will do enough to stall out Atlanta drives and eventually into mistakes because the Patriots offence will be putting a beating on the Falcons D.

The Falcons D hang their collective hat on being able to 'get after the passer' - Vic Beasley is converting pressures into sacks and an unusually high rate (he doesn't get that many pressures) and is now facing two of the best pass protecting OTs in the game - plus a QB who knows how to get the ball early.

I also think that they won't be able to stop Blount enough on the ground that the PA Pass will be hugely effective against an underwhelming and young defensive backfield.

I feel even more confident than before I was before the Steelers game - I knew that these teams with all the offensive weapons 'on paper' often make little impression on the Patriots.

The thing that has been the Patriots kryptonite when they have lost these types of games is a relentless pass rush, a stifling run defence and good veteran DB's and an opportunistic offence - the Ravens, the Broncos, the Giants.

None of them have looked like a diet version of the Greatest Show on Turf - and we stopped them too.

T

upload_2017-1-27_17-28-50.png

I can't wait for all the revisionist history on the Monday after the Superbowl when the mediots will tell us all along that the Falcons were paper tigers.

So far they have been a one season wonder - i'd be much more worried about the Seahawks than I would the Falcons who's abilities have been blown way out of proportion (and deliberately so).

The Patriots D will do enough to stall out Atlanta drives and eventually into mistakes because the Patriots offence will be putting a beating on the Falcons D.

The Falcons D hang their collective hat on being able to 'get after the passer' - Vic Beasley is converting pressures into sacks and an unusually high rate (he doesn't get that many pressures) and is now facing two of the best pass protecting OTs in the game - plus a QB who knows how to get the ball early.

I also think that they won't be able to stop Blount enough on the ground that the PA Pass will be hugely effective against an underwhelming and young defensive backfield.

I feel even more confident than before I was before the Steelers game - I knew that these teams with all the offensive weapons 'on paper' often make little impression on the Patriots.

The thing that has been the Patriots kryptonite when they have lost these types of games is a relentless pass rush, a stifling run defence and good veteran DB's and an opportunistic offence - the Ravens, the Broncos, the Giants.

None of them have looked like a diet version of the Greatest Show on Turf - and we stopped them too.

As good as the Falcons are, their regular season record was 11-5.

They are not some unbeatable juggernaut.

I think if Pats hold them to under 30, the Pats will win.
Holding to under 30 is a realistic expectation.
I would frame it this way, with the understanding that turnovers, field position, special teams or defensive scores, garbage time points all could confuse the matter.

Hold them to 17 or less great job by defense worthy of best d in NFL label.

Hold them to 24 and win, solid job by d
Hold them to 24 and lose not good enough.
Over 27 disappointing defensive effort. (Forgiven in a win especially if it ends with a defensive stop)

Nice post.

Imagine the type of reaction if we were against the GOAT QB and NFL player, and the #3 O and #1 D.
Yeah. If we were facing the patriots defense everyone would be saying we have no chance to score and if we were facing Brady they would be saying we should stay home.

That's my biggest worry, and has been, since the Pats drew them in the Super Bowl. My best guess is three safeties and dropping Chung in the box since none of the Pats LB's can cover either Freeman or Coleman. That opens up the running game of course as the Falcons would counter that smaller front by trying to pound it at the Pats. But Chung is my best guess
i would imagine if the falcons started to run more against a smaller front, that would be a good thing for the pats. making them go away from their bread and butter on offense

Why even say something like that? Keep your mouth shut, play the game and see what happens.

Mitchell.jpg

He was first reported as having an ankle injury. Now he's listed with a fibula injury. So a high ankle sprain is highly probable.

The high ankle ligaments are located above the ankle, as opposed to the more commonly injured ligaments on the outside of the ankle. These high ankle ligaments connect the tibia to the fibula. It is important to have stability between the tibia and fibula at this level because walking and running place a tremendous amount of force at this junction

High Ankle Sprain

This is a pretty substantial story, and it will affect him significantly during the game.

I like his attitude, i hope the whole team thinks like he does..kocky and over confidant.

I'm more confident in winning this game than any Super Bowl we have ever played in

I thought we were gonna beat the Giants in 07'. I didn't have much doubt. I thought we would be beat the Eagles and the Panthers also.

This game scares me a bit, just like Seattle. But I think we will win.

I'm more confident in winning this game than any Super Bowl we have ever played in

Super Bowl 42 jaded me. 18-0 going in against a #5 seed who we already defeated on the road. If you can't guarantee that then nothing is guaranteed.

He was first reported as having an ankle injury. Now he's listed with a fibula injury. So a high ankle sprain is highly probable.

High Ankle Sprain

This is a pretty substantial story, and it will affect him significantly during the game.

Good luck with 350lb Alan Branch, 325lb Malcom Brown slamming him and Flowers juking him on 3rd down for 60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes