PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Is he worth a late pick for some camp competition?. I know he is very slow, but he has really excelled at UNH.

First off, 4.52 is not very slow. Also, he is a very good route runner and has great hands.

Jerry Rice wasn't a burner either. He just ran excellent routes and had fantastic hands and a great QB to get him the ball.

The Pats could use their 3rd on him or their 4th. I don't think he'll last much beyond that.

And i am praying and hopiong they do with all the picks they are going to have i hope BB just let us have the local boy

First off, 4.52 is not very slow. Also, he is a very good route runner and has great hands.

Jerry Rice wasn't a burner either. He just ran excellent routes and had fantastic hands and a great QB to get him the ball.

The Pats could use their 3rd on him or their 4th. I don't think he'll last much beyond that.

I had him at 4.65 http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/davidball.html

4.59 http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6422014

4.6 http://www.jagnation.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=220

not sure where you get 4.52 from. have you seen him play in person. I have and he looks slow. great skills, just seems slow. 4.65 (the worst) is slow for a WR. we will see at the combine. I would like to see him get a shot with the Pats.

I'm expecting him to run in the 4.5's. Reportedly, he ran a 4.6 as a soph, and since he's now training for the Combine, it would seem like he'll increase his 40 time a bit.

His timed speed isn't the main concern for scouts. It's his ability to gain separation on his breaks at the pro level. No one can answer this now however. He'll be a wait-and-see after he's drafted.

With his height and leaping ability (former high jumper), his excellent hands and solid route running, I think he'll succeed with the right offense. He also has a GREAT work ethic -- which is a huge plus.

I'm expecting him to run in the 4.5's. Reportedly, he ran a 4.6 as a soph, and since he's now training for the Combine, it would seem like he'll increase his 40 time a bit.

His timed speed isn't the main concern for scouts. It's his ability to gain separation on his breaks at the pro level. No one can answer this now however. He'll be a wait-and-see after he's drafted.

With his height and leaping ability (former high jumper), his excellent hands and solid route running, I think he'll succeed with the right offense. He also has a GREAT work ethic -- which is a huge plus.

There is no doubt that those are his positives. I hope he is in the 4.52 range, but I just don't think so. It is fun to watch him play though.

have you seen him play in person. I have and he looks slow. great skills, just seems slow. we will see at the combine.

I have seen him play a few times on TV. He did not strike me as a pro-caliber WR, but then again, I thought Mike Hass was going to be the next Steve Largent.

Todd McShay's comments from his ESPN chat wrap.

Chris (Durham, NH): Hi Todd, Do you think local guy David Ball will be drafted? Do his skills translate to the NFL? Thanks!

Todd McShay: Another country heard from... Good 'ole Durham, NH. I think Ball will get drafted late -- somewhere between Rounds 5 and 7. He has excellent hands and you can't argue with his production, but his lack of speed is troublesome and he also needs to get bigger and stronger.

I had him at 4.65 http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/davidball.html

4.59 http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6422014

4.6 http://www.jagnation.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=220

not sure where you get 4.52 from. have you seen him play in person. I have and he looks slow. great skills, just seems slow. 4.65 (the worst) is slow for a WR. we will see at the combine. I would like to see him get a shot with the Pats.

NFLDraftscout.com has his at 4.52 I rely on them over any other site when it comes to the measurables prior to the combine.

Also, even at 4.59 that is the same as Jerry Rice.

NFLDraftscout.com has his at 4.52 I rely on them over any other site when it comes to the measurables prior to the combine.

Also, even at 4.59 that is the same as Jerry Rice.

Do you honestly think that Ball is Rice's second coming?

Do you honestly think that Ball is Rice's second coming?

I'm sorry. I guess I must have missed where I said ANYTHING of the sort. Guess you just wanted to make something up right?

I would be happy if Ball was a taller version of Troy Brown. Period. I think that he would be a tremendous possession receiver.

I'm sorry. I guess I must have missed where I said ANYTHING of the sort. Guess you just wanted to make something up right?

I would be happy if Ball was a taller version of Troy Brown. Period. I think that he would be a tremendous possession receiver.

DaB you need to chill out. Where did I say that you thought that whatsoever? Take your freaking attitude and dump it because all I did was ask a freaking question. I didn't accuse you of anything or make up any freaking garbage. I asked a question. You posted "Also, even at 4.59 that is the same as Jerry Rice." So I just asked a question. Please take your PMS elsewhere.

DaB you need to chill out. Where did I say that you thought that whatsoever? Take your freaking attitude and dump it because all I did was ask a freaking question. I didn't accuse you of anything or make up any freaking garbage. I asked a question. You posted "Also, even at 4.59 that is the same as Jerry Rice." So I just asked a question. Please take your PMS elsewhere.
Do you still beat your wife?

Do you still have your finger up your bum?
you need to chill out. ... Take your freaking attitude and dump it because all I did was ask a freaking question. I didn't accuse you of anything or make up any freaking garbage. I asked a question. ... I just asked a question. Please take your PMS elsewhere.

Ha ha ha. Gotcha.

you need to chill out. ... Take your freaking attitude and dump it because all I did was ask a freaking question. I didn't accuse you of anything or make up any freaking garbage. I asked a question. ... I just asked a question. Please take your PMS elsewhere.

Ha ha ha. Gotcha.

you didnt get anything. all i did was ask you a legit question which you were to embarassed to answer. :rofl:

I do agree with you though. you taking up space is :D a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST