PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Simms - I may have gotten a few hundred dollar handshakes at Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
35 5 yard passes, I believe that's exactly how you attack that Seattle defense. Don't get tricked into throwing deep on guys like Sherman for sure. A lot of QB's wouldn't have the patience for a game plan like that.

Yeah, so tiresome hearing this throughout Brady's career. If the short game is so easy, why haven't more succeeded with it? Or maybe they'd just rather gets stats than rings.

Who the heck is Chris Simms and why does his opinion on anything matter?

So why does a rich kid, need money from the UT alumni?

I'm pretty sure that his old man has some money.

What a douche, his career is over, so he tries to screw with his other teammates and current UT players.

"You learned the two most important things, never rat on your friends, and also keep your mouth shut"

Once again life lessons from Goodfellas
-
This is more along the lines of what I thought when I read this. Cries "cheater" then admits he and his team cheated.

Hey, Chris is bright enough to know he's got a great gig going here. He just keeps making moronic statements and people keep quoting him. He's not that dumb...
I do, however, believe it's likely he's a slug as a person. His old man at times has pissed me off with some things he says during games, but has also always struck me as being a pretty nice guy. This kid? Not so much...

So why does a rich kid, need money from the UT alumni?

I'm pretty sure that his old man has some money.

Right.

I'm pretty sure his old man also had a QBing style much like Brady's. Perhaps he doesn't think his father should have been Super Bowl MVP either.

I do, however, believe it's likely he's a slug as a person. His old man at times has pissed me off with some things he says during games, but has also always struck me as being a pretty nice guy. This kid? Not so much...

I admire Simms. Solid player. Kept his ego in check as QBs go. When I hear him say something dumb, it's usually on the level of "If I had to fill that much air time, I'd say some dumb things too."

And according to him was illegally paid to do it.

No, he was paid to not do that. Probably pissed some people off. He was supposed to take the job from major applewhite, because he was tall and striong and had the pedigree.

Problem was, Opie could flat out ball and lead a team, while Simms was a choker.

35 5 yard passes, I believe that's exactly how you attack that Seattle defense. Don't get tricked into throwing deep on guys like Sherman for sure. A lot of QB's wouldn't have the patience for a game plan like that.

Haha yea, it astounds me this mentality that Brady "only" completed 35 short passes.

If it were as easy as throwing short passes against that defense, then why the hell wouldn't everyone just do that?

Oh yea, because to pull that kind of game plan off you need a QB that can read a defense, find an open receiver and deliver a precision pass in 2 seconds or less. Throughout an entire game, consistently, without making any huge mistakes.

It's so simple! Lol

The Pats actually tried to sign Applewhite as a free agent. He had absolutely no chance to be a starter because he was physically not built for it, but he would have been the baddest ass backup quarterback ever in an emergency.

The guy could simply lead a team, perform in the clutch and not make mistakes. If you put Applewhite's brain in Simms body, I daresay you'd have competition for Brady.

Man, I really always had a man crush on Applewhite. I'm actually surprised he hasn't got a head coaching job, even though he's only 36. I'd love BB to give him a call as a assistant, but i think he is destined for a college head coaching job and i wouldn't sit easy if i was a future longhorns coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick