PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Check the video on our H-back

Status
Not open for further replies.
a) This video site is the best I've seen this year.

b) Not sure what level of competition TE/FB Mills was playing against, but this video makes him look like a 2008 Pro Bowler at TE. If he's more of a FB for us, move his Pro Bowl up to 2007.

c) TE David Thomas looks like he almost gets his legs injured on every play!

shakadave said:
c) TE David Thomas looks like he almost gets his legs injured on every play!

I thought the very same thing. He must be a 'gumby' like Bru.

Mills set the record for yards by a TE in college. No it wasn't BCS competition, but even when we played BCS teams he did just as good. The thing about it was, that we didn't have any receivers that were very good, so he was always double teamed and even triple teamed sometimes. When we played OU last year he had one of his best games ever (stat wise) and he was double teamed most of the game and towards the end he often had triple team on him. You guys got a very smart player who knows how to get open. He was recruited out of high school to some BCS schools as a linebacker, but he went to Tulsa because they gave him a shot at TE and he lives there. Some wonder if he can block. Well he wont pancake anyone, but has good fundamentals and will do whatever the coaches ask. He can block but it's unknown how he will be able to clear a hole. He also had many blocks that allowed our KR to tie the career kick off returns for touchdowns in a career. He was our backup deep snapper. Some may wonder why he was taken, but he will suprise those who do. good luck to the Pats.

jmctulsa - thanks for coming on the board and giving us the info on Mills !!

I am going to really be looking forward to seeing him in Patriots camp this year. I watched the Yahoo video referenced by Patriots-80 - he seemed to be so matter of fact when he scored TDs - no hype. That is a Pats kind of guy. He really seemed to be a handful against the DBs when they tried to tackle him - I loved one shot where he hits the goal line with two defenders and he's the one left standing at the end !!

arrellbee said:
jmctulsa - thanks for coming on the board and giving us the info on Mills !!

I loved one shot where he hits the goal line with two defenders and he's the one left standing at the end !!

That was our first play in OT to beat Memphis. It was a pass down the middle of the field and he was the only one standing at the end. He's a humble player and doesn't get to riled up after he scores. He gets excited but does it within himself and doesn't showboat. Pat fans will like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST