PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson TD Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

AStack75

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Anyone see Chad Johnson's latest TD celebration?

PH2005122400598.jpg

After scoring a TD, he went to the Bengals sideline and grabbed a giant Christmas stocking out from underneath a table and started throwing autographed hats, t-shirts, and footballs to the crowd. Pretty damn funny. Too bad his team lost though.

That's one thing about Chad Johnson... He's an egotistical WR just like TO, but he doesn't appear to be a cancer to his team like TO.

Did that in a losing effort.

Classic.

AStack75 said:
Anyone see Chad Johnson's latest TD celebration?

PH2005122400598.jpg

After scoring a TD, he went to the Bengals sideline and grabbed a giant Christmas stocking out from underneath a table and started throwing autographed hats, t-shirts, and footballs to the crowd. Pretty damn funny. Too bad his team lost though.

That's one thing about Chad Johnson... He's an egotistical WR just like TO, but he doesn't appear to be a cancer to his team like TO.

What, do people give him a pass on this endzone jerking-whatever because he's not a bad guy/teammate like T.O.? I think his stuff is just as childish and boorish as T.O.'s. Come down on that stuff, Tagliabue, will you? When I see a guy scoring a TD and flipping the ball to the ref like Jim Brown and Barry Sanders...I respect that, and the player a lot more too.

Good lord. Some of you guys just take being a football fan way too seriously.

Crap like that turns the NFL into the WWE.

Spike the ball, high five your teamates, even dunk the ball over the FG posts, or as previously mentioned, have a little humility like you've been there before, and just hand the ball to the ref and run off the field.

Last edited:
Chad doesn't hurt his team with his antics so I think it's great. Plus, who wouldn't want free autographed stuff?

Everybody Loves Chad Johnson!

Seymour93 said:
Everybody Loves Chad Johnson!

I don't

Stuff like that drawes attention to yourself ... "it's about me" .. attitude.
hey CJ, it took 10 other guys to make that TD .... not just you.
That's your job to catch the ball .... so shut up and just do your job and
remember there were 52 other guys and awhole bunch of coaches that
made that TD possible.

That's one thing I love about Marvin Harrison. He's scored more TD's then any of the active NFL players yet has never pulled a TO/CJ. Right when he hits the endzone he gives the official the ball and hugs his teamates.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
That's one thing I love about Marvin Harrison. He's scored more TD's then any of the active NFL players yet has never pulled a TO/CJ. Right when he hits the endzone he gives the official the ball and hugs his teamates.

Absolutely agree! Marvin is one classsy guy.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Yeah, Marvin would have made a great Patriot :)

Seriously, back to Chad, although he is funny and not nearly the cancer that TO is, there is something wrong with a guy who can celebrate personal achievements while his team loses. He remeinds me of MaGahee, who after blowing a 21-0 lead in the fourth quarter said he was satisfied, he got another hundred yards.

Yeah, well, fine. I'm sure your teammates are very happy for you. About as happy as Chad's teammates were when he sent Steeler DBs Pepto Bismol before a game.

At least there was no deer involved.

Honestly, I don't find Chad's antics as bad as Moss' wiping his butt on the goal post or some of the stuff TO has done. I find some of it kinda funny, like the Riverdance, the proposal and some of his other antics. He doesn't do it to get back at other teams, and seriously, if you don't want him to celebrate on you, keep him out of the end zone, like Cleveland did after the pepto incident. I find nothing wrong with CJ, his celebrations or bravado. I find myself waiting to see if he can top himself, since I think its more in good fun than anything.

spacecrime said:
Seriously, back to Chad, although he is funny and not nearly the cancer that TO is, there is something wrong with a guy who can celebrate personal achievements while his team loses.

Whenever Chad scored and celebrated it was 14-13 Bengals.

Honestly, I don't find Chad's antics as bad as Moss' wiping his butt on the goal post or some of the stuff TO has done. I find some of it kinda funny, like the Riverdance, the proposal and some of his other antics. He doesn't do it to get back at other teams, and seriously, if you don't want him to celebrate on you, keep him out of the end zone, like Cleveland did after the pepto incident. I find nothing wrong with CJ, his celebrations or bravado. I find myself waiting to see if he can top himself, since I think its more in good fun than anything.

i totally agree. CJ is a great WR... and its all in good fun like aldogg said. its not like he is flicking off the crowd when he is loseing like plummer, or danceing in the star and makeing light of his team like TO... its just fun.

I'll third that. While his shtick is not my preference, it's harmless and in good fun.

I don't see the harm in celebrating. Just be careful of looking like an @$$ if your team loses...it is like a risk that could backfire on you.

Barry Sanders was class...Marvin Harrison for the most part was class...T.O. was class-less...Mike Irvin was just an @$$...

Last edited:
Notice how when the Patriots score they celebrate TOGETHER?

Notice how some of those other superstars celebrate ALONE?

I love our team.

JR4 said:
I don't

Stuff like that drawes attention to yourself ... "it's about me" .. attitude.
hey CJ, it took 10 other guys to make that TD .... not just you.
That's your job to catch the ball .... so shut up and just do your job and
remember there were 52 other guys and awhole bunch of coaches that
made that TD possible.

but he's still gotta catch it........

Brady#12 said:
but he's still gotta catch it........

And the QB has to throw it, the RB has to sell the play-action, the TE has to block it, the LT, LG, C, RG, RT have to block it.

The coaching staff has to call it.

This is why the Patriots are different than some of these other teams.

JR4 is right. He obviously understands this and perhaps some others here do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes