PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Byron Cowart tests positive for Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
played a lot in that KC game and the line held their own. Hope he gets well soon and is back out there in a few.

Another first stringer to test positive !!! Hope he gets well soon and he is asymptomatic .

Guy can’t catch a break. Looked poised to take off last season. Now this season starts proving it on the field and this happens.

Like Gilmore and Cam, I guess the only silver lining is once they’ve quarantined, passed multiple tests, they are good to go for hopefully another three months without having to worry about getting or spreading?

Is it possible that this is a false positive?

Guy can’t catch a break. Looked poised to take off last season. Now this season starts proving it on the field and this happens.

Like Gilmore and Cam, I guess the only silver lining is once they’ve quarantined, passed multiple tests, they are good to go for hopefully another three months without having to worry about getting or spreading?
That silver lining is tarnished by the slow progress through the rest of the team. The question now seems not to be will another player catch it, but which player and when.

That silver lining is tarnished by the slow progress through the rest of the team. The question now seems not to be will another player catch it, but which player and when.
With up to a 14 day incubation period and also being infectious for 2 days prior to showing symptoms (if you even show symptoms) it is incredibly hard to limit the spread especially in an environment with close contact like football.

I think, short of a player revolt (which would rule), they're going to finish the season but it's gonna get ugly because we won't be the last team to get hit by it and hell, we might even have a second outbreak. I think the SB is in March at the earliest.

Just wondering if they will tighten the rules any further for when the play offs start ?...Could you imagine if the virus struck a team before an AFC/NFC Championship game or even the Superbowl ? Would they just delay the games.

Pretty much thought from the onset that the NFL season was gonna be a crapshoot, and never believed it would happen.. I was wrong, but beginning to wonder if it will continue.. how many times can the NFL postpone games before the whole thing turns into an absolute crap show??

The whole NFL season seems to be dangling on a precipice...

Not sure they can tighten the rules much more, putting them in a "bubble" away from their families & lives does not seem all that reasonable as it would have meant they would be isolated for about 5 or 6 months..

The season will only be cancelled if some of the positives actually become really sick. If that happens the dynamics will change. Otherwise I imagine they will keep playing and addressing it in a case by case basis. Also, from everything I can see, since the onset in December?? World wide, there have been 3 reinfections. Two in Hong Kong and one in the US. I guess I wouldn’t be too worried about players catching it a second time this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case