PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Mike - Joe Mays - looks vulnerable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
At some point during the Steelers/Broncos game, I started to notice that 51 Mays, their MLB, looked vulnerable. Getting sucked into the wrong gaps, whiffing on tackles on RBs after a dump off pass, generally slow to the ball.

Anyone else notice this? I got the feeling he was no Mayo.

Can the Denver D be run on, to balance the passing attack?

--FRITZ

You might want to quickly email Belichick and Bill O'Brien. They may not catch on to that.

You might want to quickly email Belichick and Bill O'Brien. They may not catch on to that.

Jeez! OP was just pointing out something he/she noticed and inviting discussion.

And the first respose is a sarcastic one trying to be mr.know-it-all. Where will us fans be without such responses? :bricks:

Wait - are you the so-called faninpittsburgh with a new ID once you realized that most of us have you on ignore? :D

Denver run defense ranked 22nd in yards per game (126.3) and 13th in yards per carry (4.1); not horrible but certainly nothing spectacular either. One other thing they are not all that special in is forcing turnovers. Opponents only fumbled the ball five times against them on running plays (21st), and the Broncos only recovered one fumble off a running play all season long; only two teams had zero.

Turnovers are key in any game; even more so in the playoffs. The Pats were +17 on the season (best in the AFC and 3rd in the NFL while Denver was -12 (next to last in the AFC and 6th worst overall); above and beyond being able to move the ball against them I don't expect them to force many turnovers like the Ravens did two years ago.

At some point during the Steelers/Broncos game, I started to notice that 51 Mays, their MLB, looked vulnerable. Getting sucked into the wrong gaps, whiffing on tackles on RBs after a dump off pass, generally slow to the ball.

Anyone else notice this? I got the feeling he was no Mayo.

Can the Denver D be run on, to balance the passing attack?

--FRITZ

HE seemed to have a rough 2nd half, injured? or just not that good, the other LB are pretty good.

Detriot semed to mis 3 tackles every play on Sat though.

WOW, people are sensitive today.

the broncos D is not a very good one. they are fast, but like mays, they don't read so good. a pump fake in any direction will pretty much guarantee that one or more inside recievers will be wide open. put hernandez on miller's side, and they'll need to put another body over there as miller don't cover.....that will open things up for gronk and welker, and hernandez will still get open. I believe the broncos are incapable of solving the middle of the field

WOW, people are sensitive today.

It's all about tact. I think it's safe to assume most everyone here knows of BB & co's meticulous film study habits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand