PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring the Whale home!

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Fun to see the Whalers unis again. Bring them back to Hartford!

Better than Phoenix Arizona...or Sunrise Florida...or Exit 16W...

Better than Phoenix Arizona...or Sunrise Florida...or Exit 16W...
I used to go to a few Panther games every year in Sunrise, almost always vs the Bruins.
The experience always reminds me of the old joke..."I went to a fight but a hockey game broke out".....except at Panther games.....it's more like...."I went to an experiment on Attention Deficit Disorder and a hockey game was spotted."
Between every whistle......a rock concert/light show.
During every TV timeout.....nauseating cheerleader interactions.
During every intermission....mind numbing contests and T shirt bombardments.
Even worse, the brand of hockey on display was docile to put it mildly......"No checking allowed."
I actually feel bad for the Florida franchise because they have to rely on opposition fans to put fannies in the seats....NYers, Cement Heads, Froggies do come out in force when their favorite team lands in S. Florida. And the NHL is somewhat aware....always scheduling these teams during vacations weeks.....Dec. + March/April

Boston Garden regulars (B's + C's) don't know how lucky they are not have to endure such sensory overload....at least not at the level dished out at stadiums hosting bad teams.

Being a cheap bastard, I watch many C's games on free VipBoxTv.SE and these feeds often broadcast the in-stadium antics during commercial breaks. You've got to see what's going on in Dallas. Atlanta and others.
48 minutes of game and 2 hours of mind numbing cheeziness

Last edited:
It's way past time for Bettman to concede that 2 of his sunbelt experiments have failed, same as in Atlanta, and finally move the Coyotes to Salt Lake City (or Portland Oregon, or Milwaukee) and the Panthers to Quebec City, or just fold those franchises and return to 30 teams with 6 divisions.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back