PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Unretiring

Will Edelman be moving to Tampa to be with his BFF?

Come out of retirement too?

I love Brady and was glad he walked away, rather than carted away. His need for attention is becoming more overwhelming, to announce this on a Sun nite prior to the pending NFL FA movements & signings, right after the NCAA selections is nothing more than more his own promotion of him and his brand. He will be the "talk of the town" today...

6 weeks of family time must have been enough for him..

Because tomorrow is a big day on the NFL calendar. Why should he care about NCAA brackets, lol.
Actually my point, because it’s all about him! The country loves March Madness, and yesterday for about 3 hours the brackets were being released and talked about. It was during this 3 hour window that the media hound made his announcement.

Everyone has the right to change their mind.

Tom clearly was never at peace with his decision - if you want to call it that.

Whatever. The NFL is more interesting with Tom in it.

I only hope that next time he retires his social media retirement announcement post mentions the Patriots. Couldn't face another 100 page thread on here about us being snubbed

Social media post? His next retirement announcement will be a two-installment Pay Per View extravaganza hosted by Jim Gray, including choreographed musical dance numbers and celebrity guest appearances. And if it's successful, he'll unretire again a few months later.

Brady is doing this for Giselle. He just couldn't risk her being in Canton at the same time as Ben Rapistberger 5 years from now.

I applaud Brady's selflessness in delaying his HOF induction at least another year to protect his wife.

Montana wouldn't have done that.
Yeah.....but dont you think Manning will be there regardless...and it's not like he's all that much more...gentlemanly.

It should be interesting to see what the Bucs do in free agency. They don't have cap space (currently $3 million over the cap) and have a lot of decent free agents (Davis, Suh, Gronk, Fornette, Cappa, Whitehead) and other free agents who were starters or significant role players (JPP, Sherman, Gholston, Jones II). Some of the latter can be easily replaced or needed to be replaced even if Brady didn't come back.

If they try to keep the band together one more year, there is no way they aren't going to sink their cap in future years. Do they? They found out last year that just keeping the band together usually isn't enough to get you back into and winning The Show. It also hinders future growth.

I am guessing they will try to rebuild the offense at the expense of the defense and hope there are enough pieces left on defense to make the defense respectable. I am guessing when Brady hung out with the Glazers over the weekend, they promised him he would have weapons on offense. Probably why they caved to Jensen's demand for $13 million a year when the Bucs already said they wouldn't pay that.

It is going to be tough to keep a lot of their free agents since they all have already been negotiating with other teams and know their value on the open market. Some may have already agreed to deals with other teams which may make it hard for the Bucs to pry them away. I can't see them being able to compete for Davis. Whitehead might be too expensive for them. Suh might want his last chance to cash in now that he has his ring. Has the Bills already offered Gronk a solid contract? Will he be willing to take less to play with Brady again or would he take the money and go play for the team he grew up watching that has a better shot than the Bucs of winning the Super Bowl?

Bucs obviously wouldn't let him go play in Miami or wherever… he has no other choice.
That's what I think happened. I'm not sure that he wanted to retire as much as go to another team. Did he ever actually retire or was he just saying goodbye to TB?

spock.gif

Brady was, arguably, the league's MVP and best QB last season.
Those "Brady is over the cliff" takes are the takes that make the least sense. If not for a blunder by his defensive coach he may have added an 8th Lombardi too.

If he had gone to another team this would’ve been less surprising to me.

As it is, bizarrely, I think you have to take him at his word. He was going to retire and then changed his mind. It’s crazy, a few weeks.

Yeah.....but dont you think Manning will be there regardless...and it's not like he's all that much more...gentlemanly.

Not to go all Whoopi with defining what is rape and what is rape rape....

But the Manning teabagging, sexual assault though it may be, is not quite on the Big Ben Bathroom rape level to me.

Btw, I hated that he was retiring, and I’m glad he’s back. Why would you retire when you’re at the top of the game? He could’ve been MVP.

Keep adding to the records! The longer he plays, the harder they are to break.

Honestly, the only thing I wouldn’t want is for Brady to lose the Super Bowl.

I'm in the minority here but I loved 90% of the Favre drama. I don't mind a little now & then, it's sports, entertainment. Not that serious. Good for Brady. I really don't get the feelings some have. He's still elite at what he does and can't stand his wife & kids. Leave him alone. I love watching him play the game.
I couldn't stand Favre, but I think it had more to do with the constant ball washing by the mediots. Kind of like what's going on now with his replacement. Favre was a stupid pass waiting to happen.

He threw a pick in crunch time vs the Giants that probably cost the Pats a 16-0 season and the next year went to the Jets and knocked the Pats out of the playoffs in 2008. There's no way that Favre beats that 2007 Pats team. He probably would have thrown 2 or 3 picks.

Everyone has the right to change their mind.

Tom clearly was never at peace with his decision - if you want to call it that.

Whatever. The NFL is more interesting with Tom in it.

Yes, but who unretires after 6 weeks? He should have just said "let me think about it and get back to you."

He threw a pick in crunch time vs the Giants that probably cost the Pats a 16-0 season and the next year went to the Jets and knocked the Pats out of the playoffs in 2008. There's no way that Favre beats that 2007 Pats team. He probably would have thrown 2 or 3 picks.

Brady should have taken care of business himself that day vs NYG...and if you bothered to watch the Man in the Arena documentary you would know the Giants confused the hell out of him with their exotic blitzes.

And no, the Patriots weren't in the playoffs in 2008.

Brady wants to beak Blanda's record. Blanda played quarterback when he was 48 (in the times before avocado toast).
Blanda's last game as a QB was when he was 41 and that was only 1 game. I remember him more as a kicker

I love Brady and was glad he walked away, rather than carted away. His need for attention is becoming more overwhelming, to announce this on a Sun nite prior to the pending NFL FA movements & signings, right after the NCAA selections is nothing more than more his own promotion of him and his brand. He will be the "talk of the town" today...

6 weeks of family time must have been enough for him..
I love that he took attention away from basketball. B.D.M.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back