PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boutte arrested for underage gambling while he was at LSU

Boutte was active in five games for the Patriots last season, catching two balls for 19 yards.

Hope the Pats can replace this lost production....
1706213953319.gif

Are people just brushing over the information that he was betting hundreds of thousands of dollars including on games he was playing in? This wasn’t a couple prop bets on some sport the dude is Phil Mickelson level ****ed.
Yeah, I think some people didn't read past the first sentence of the article.....

Yeah, this is a huge nothing-burger... NFL might give him a small suspension just based on the Ridley precedent, even though this isn't exactly the same thing, but I don't think anyone should be morally outraged...
I agree, its not like he went to the Orchids of Asia :D

Yeah if he was betting on LSU then that’s a problem.

Okay, so I never bet, because I'm an absolute dipshit any time I get winnings, as I just lose them all very quickly, so I could be out of my element here but:

Can't players just all have "stunt doubles" that handle betting and use a few laundering conduits to obfuscate any connection?

I'm not saying that betting on your own games isn't a problem. But the "security" around betting seems like a house with burglar-bar doors on the front door and 1st-floor windows, but it's a 20-story building and all the rest of the windows are unlocked. And there are buildings close by to just climb out of their windows into the unlocked windows of the betting building. And periodically the staff forgets to lock the rear-basement entry.

Hopefully that made sense lol.

Are people just brushing over the information that he was betting hundreds of thousands of dollars including on games he was playing in? This wasn’t a couple prop bets on some sport the dude is Phil Mickelson level ****ed.
9,000 bets

That's next level degenerate gambling

Pete Rose Sport GIF by WWE
Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC
Happy Las Vegas GIF by Imagine Dragons

For underage gambling when he was in college? Not sure if serious.
Normally it would be no big deal to me. But he bet on college football and more importantly, on his own team. Just another red flag for me. If he pulled anything like that now he'd be banned by the NFL, quite possibly for life. The dude just shows poor judgment after poor judgment. Cut him. It's the first big test of Mayo's authority.

He did though
If that’s the case, then that might warrant some scrutiny by the organization and/or the NFL.

Seems to be much about nothing, but let’s see what happens.

The Pats can do what they want for all I care. Boutte has given off nothing but JAG vibes so far in his career.

Okay, so I never bet, because I'm an absolute dipshit any time I get winnings, as I just lose them all very quickly, so I could be out of my element here but:

Can't players just all have "stunt doubles" that handle betting and use a few laundering conduits to obfuscate any connection?

I'm not saying that betting on your own games isn't a problem. But the "security" around betting seems like a house with burglar-bar doors on the front door and 1st-floor windows, but it's a 20-story building and all the rest of the windows are unlocked. And there are buildings close by to just climb out of their windows into the unlocked windows of the betting building. And periodically the staff forgets to lock the rear-basement entry.

Yeah, there are ways to circumvent online betting sites. For example, I assume Boutte likely borrowed a driver's license from someone else to sign up. I had to upload my DL to my off shore sports betting site to deposit bit coins. So, Boutte needed a pasty. Not sure how he was found out though.....

I am sure a lot of players do, but that definitely adds a layer of complication for things to go wrong.

Boutte was active in five games for the Patriots last season, catching two balls for 19 yards.

Hope the Pats can replace this lost production....
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

If that’s the case, then that might warrant some scrutiny by the organization and/or the NFL.

Seems to be much about nothing, but let’s see what happens.
If the accusation is true and he had hundreds of thousands of dollars of action in games in which he played, it is not much about nothing. It is a legit big deal.

Are you saying he needs a fall guy?

Mayo’s first ice cream headache as head coach.

Yeah, there are ways to circumvent online betting sites. For example, I assume Boutte likely borrowed a driver's license from someone else to sign up. I had to upload my DL to my off shore sports betting site to deposit bit coins. So, Boutte needed a pasty. Not sure how he was found out though.....

Thanks for the info; I'm sure the ways to circumvent betting protections can get pretty wild. It'd be interesting to hear about the more elaborate and complex ones.

As a side note, funny how **** like this just disappears in the news: Investigation finds Russell Wilson’s charity is embarrassingly inefficient.

It was first broke in Feb, not a single word or update since.

Thanks for the info; I'm sure the ways to circumvent betting protections can get pretty wild. It'd be interesting to hear about the more elaborate and complex ones.

As a side note, funny how **** like this just disappears in the news: Investigation finds Russell Wilson’s charity is embarrassingly inefficient.

It was first broke in Feb, not a single word or update since.
Making 9000 bets on your own team is indeed a big deal, especially for a 6th round draft choice.

Yes, we look the other way when there are inefficiencies in organizations that top qb's invest in. The standard isn't the same, nor should it be.

Just another fantastic draft pick by Bill the Bozo, the man that sucked at the tete of Tom Brady for 19 seasons and then subsequently set the franchise back a decade....nice pick Bill you piece of duplicitous pond scum

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back