PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blow Out coming???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluke runs still count. Just like the Addai 70+ yard run in the Indy game. They need to limit that by better tackling...and certainly better tackling like in the Giants game (Rodney, I'm looking in your direction).

Fluke plays count, but they hold little predicative value. Since people are using his past performance to predict future performance you shouldn't takle too much stock in a fluke play unless you expect one to happen again.

It wasn't even simply a big play like the Addai one. It was a flukey play where the guy fell on another player and therefore didn't touch the ground. No doubt BB will have his guys making sure he's down this game.

This is going to be very tough for the Jags and they know it too... How do you keep the offense on the sideline?

Each time our offense scores and moves ahead, their running strategy will go kaput... DG can only scramble so much and he will have to pass in order to win the game... They will always be behind... It will not be a blowout though as they will score a couple of FGs ... maybe a lucky TD

We have to play well though .. on offense, defense and special teams. One thing we must not to do is take the opponents for granted. They are a good team and BB must already be drilling his players to play the full 60 minutes and not let up until the last minute...

I think the Pats will be winners by a minimum of 10 points or more ... A 12 point spread is therefore quite reasonable. I don't think the Jags will ever lead, like the GMen ... they will be behind and playing catchup.

i just want a win.

the record speaks enough volumes about our team. 3 more wins and we're an all time great regardless of the scores

they wanted to see how the pats respond w/o cameras and the pats come back with the greatest season in nfl history... thats all i want

Last edited:
I realize that, but somehow this feels different.

That's only because you spend too much time reading the homer posts on this site. ;)

That's only because you spend too much time reading the homer posts on this site. ;)

LOL. yeah, but I was told if I didn't read them we would lose and my dog would get sick.:eek:

I think it will be over by half. Pats defense will be playing at an elevated level as usual for the playoffs. Very few carries for the Pats until the game is out of reach.

In light of the recent comments from both Spicer and Delrio, do you feel that a whooping is coming down on the jagoffs. I know they are not a bad team and all, but they are certainly not a powerhouse either. Thier big, but so slow. I just can't see them going head to head with Moss and Welker and Asante. It is also in our house on a decent day for passing and no doubt a very hostile envioment due to the "spearing" comments. I'm seeing a big score here guys. Your thoughts?

Lets hope the Cheatriots play by the book.

If you can say Jaguars than I can say Patriots...fair enough?

:rocker:

Over the least few weeks, the Pats only played a solid complete game against Pitt, imho.
Miami was junk, and the 21 pt win could have been 51.

I think JDR will be outcoached, similar to Tomlin, but I think Jax's balance could result in a NYG type game.
The Pats gave up 28 to Eli and the Giants w/o Shockey.

Although, if they win by 14, I consider that a blowout in the playoffs.

Dude, if the Jags beat the Patriots by 14, the whole Jag fan base will be dead from heart attacks.

Not mean to hi-jack this thread, but this is our analysis FWIW.
Chance of NE winning 20 or more is from 15% to 30%.
Note: Accuscore prediction is something like NE 30-18 and NE win prob is ~81-82% vs 18% for JAX.

Other note: If using only last 8 games for NE and 7 for JAX, it will be a tight game.

Attachments

• nejax 1-08.jpg
    nejax 1-08.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Cheatriots? Can we come up with some new material? This crap is getting old! Besides, Saturday at about midnight , you will be calling the pats DADDY!

Cheatriots? Can we come up with some new material? This crap is getting old! Besides, Saturday at about midnight , you will be calling the pats DADDY!

Um, his was a good-natured, direct response to someone referring to his team as the jagoffs. There's no need to treat every opposing fan as a troll. So far the Jacksonville fans have seemed much better than most.

Not mean to hi-jack this thread, but this is our analysis FWIW.
Chance of NE winning 20 or more is from 15% to 30%.
Note: Accuscore prediction is something like NE 30-18 and NE win prob is ~81-82% vs 18% for JAX.

Other note: If using only last 8 games for NE and 7 for JAX, it will be a tight game.

Yeah, I say tight game. But I think our odds are good to win.

I didn't say jaguars. I said JAGOFFS :rocker: :singing: :rocker:

Um, his was a good-natured, direct response to someone referring to his team as the jagoffs. There's no need to treat every opposing fan as a troll. So far the Jacksonville fans have seemed much better than most.

CHEATRIOTS?? JAGOFFS, JAGOFFS, JAGOFFS, JAGOFFS! Unless I'm mistaken, this is OUR TURF!

I will put on hold for the Colts fans!!! Although it would give me great pleasure to see Ryan Leaf Rivers come to town for a beat down!!!!:rocker:

if you look at past 4 games, pats did not blow anybody out. I don't expect a blow out as we saw last Oct.

WHAT i EXPECT is a sure WIN from Pat.

Quick: name a Jag DB..... How about a Jag receiver?
Even if Garrard has a career day it isn't enough. Brady goes through that defense like a hot knife through butter. Jags run tough but if everything goes right--and I don't think it will because I have too much confidence in the NE defense--they get 24 points. That's not gonna be nearly enough against Brady et al. Pittsburgh got 29 on 'em and Roethlisberger had 4 TOs (3 picks). Sorry but I just cannot buy the Jags as a serious threat.

If everything goes right, they'll get more than 24 points I would think. Jacksonville averaged 35 PPG I think it was over their last 5 or 6 regular season games -- 28 PPG over the last 10. They also dropped 28 on Pitt in the first half (of course they played terrible in the second half and only got 3 more points).

should be a great game though! If Jacksonville has a low scoring affair I will be surprised. If anything, Pats will go up quick and Jacksonville will press to catch up.

Last edited:
Yeah, I say tight game. But I think our odds are good to win.

79% is very good odds.
I'll enjoy a win regardless, but we already gave 11 points (with some trepidation). so I will pray for NE by 11 or more :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back