Bethel Johnson dog house revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd_Christmas

I can delete my own crap!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15840747.htm

Wide receiver Bethel Johnson spent his first three seasons in New England before being traded to New Orleans during the offseason, but he has nothing bad to say about the Patriots.

"It was my decision," he said. "They only did what I asked them to do. I wanted to be traded, and they did what I asked them to."

Johnson, who had a 49-yard kickoff return Sunday in his Vikings debut at Seattle, said he started asking for a trade after his second season in New England but was vague on the reasons why.

"I just felt the situation wasn't for me," he said. "I wanted to do something different."

-- No wonder he was in the dog house starting in his second year with us. We just assumed he was immature. The truth is that he wanted a trade. Who knows how hard he played as a result of not wanting to be a Patriot

Lloyd_Christmas said:
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15840747.htm

Wide receiver Bethel Johnson spent his first three seasons in New England before being traded to New Orleans during the offseason, but he has nothing bad to say about the Patriots.

"It was my decision," he said. "They only did what I asked them to do. I wanted to be traded, and they did what I asked them to."

Johnson, who had a 49-yard kickoff return Sunday in his Vikings debut at Seattle, said he started asking for a trade after his second season in New England but was vague on the reasons why.

"I just felt the situation wasn't for me," he said. "I wanted to do something different."

-- No wonder he was in the dog house starting in his second year with us. We just assumed he was immature. The truth is that he wanted a trade. Who knows how hard he played as a result of not wanting to be a Patriot

I must have missed something because I cannot find why he was what you call "in the dog house." How do you know when he wanted a trade? It could have been this spring for all we know. Your thread title is misleading.

Sigh! I had so many hopes for Bethel. Ah well ...

But if he just wanted out of New England and it was his unhappiness here that was holding him back, would he have got cut so quickly in New Orleans? Sounds more like he was unhappy because he wasn't succeeding.

Digger44 said:
I must have missed something because I cannot find why he was what you call "in the dog house." How do you know when he wanted a trade? It could have been this spring for all we know. Your thread title is misleading.

It was in the article. You should have read it before knocking the poster.

Digger44 said:
Hey Einstein, it could have also been last winter.

And Your response is misleading.

Idiot.:D

Keegs said:
Hey Einstein, it could have also been last winter.

And Your response is misleading.

Idiot.:D

Aaargh! Hi, Keegs! Howyadoin? :D

Mike the Brit said:
Uhh, no it wasn't...

Mike the Brit said:
I'm doing good and yourself??

wow it looks like someone pi$$ed in Digger's cheerios again this morning.
oh wait, that's just his charming personality.:singing:

Sweet, another highschool girl fight! Where's my popcorn??

Bethels old locker in Foxboro

Last edited:
Mike the Brit said:

Don't mind Digger, Mike. His chronic reading comprehension problem rears its head 4-5 times per week.

Brownfan80 said:
Sweet, another highschool girl fight! Where's my popcorn??

Really.:rolleyes:

Bethel always played hard IMO. He was hurt a lot including a screw in his ankle last pre season.

He's a good kick off return man but he's not bright enough to play receiver for the Patriots IMO.

He probably wants to find a team that plays a simple enough system that he can play receiver. He obviously wasn't progressing there for the Patriots.

I think he's still a fine ST player and was used defensively on ST by the Pats.

Last edited:
Mike the Brit said:
Please do not quote KEEGS. He is on my ignore list but if you quote him I have to see the drivel he writes. Thanks.

brady2brown said:
Please do not quote KEEGS. He is on my ignore list but if you quote him I have to see the drivel he writes. Thanks.
First off i wasn't quoted.

2nd, can someone please send this moron crybaby some medicated puffs?

what a sally.

EDIT: Ok i guess i was quoted, whatever, i still think that guy sucks either way.

Last edited:
Pujo said:
Uhh, no it wasn't...

"Johnson, who had a 49-yard kickoff return Sunday in his Vikings debut at Seattle, said he started asking for a trade after his second season in New England"

Uhh, yes it was ...

Keegs said:
First off i wasn't quoted.

2nd, can someone please send this moron crybaby some medicated puffs?

what a sally.

EDIT: Ok i guess i was quoted, whatever, i still think that guy sucks either way.
I just wanted to quote you to convey the message. :D

brady2brown said:

:rofl:

I can't honestly disagree with you about the "drivel" but actually KEEGS is a pretty good guy. You've just got to be in the mood, I guess ...

Keegs said:
...can someone please send this moron crybaby some medicated puffs?

what a sally.

EDIT:... whatever, i still think that guy sucks either way.

Well then I guess you know how the rest of us feel...about Keegs. :rolleyes:

Mike the Brit said:
"Johnson, who had a 49-yard kickoff return Sunday in his Vikings debut at Seattle, said he started asking for a trade after his second season in New England"

Uhh, yes it was ...
Who said that was the reason for him being in the doghouse? Maybe he wanted the trade to get out of the doghouse. I'm not sure Belichick would put someone "in the doghouse" for privately asking for a trade. Had he taken his demands to the media, it would give the Pats a reason to be upset, but he was professional about it.

Digger44 said:

You should seriously consider reading the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes