PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Beckett/Abreu flare up.

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Was Beckett throwing at him or is Abreu full of krap.
This is the way I saw it....
JB takes his time choosing pitches...Abreu is getting impatient....
Beckett is still taking his time...Abreu calls time out...Ump hesitates(not sure if that's really true) Ump calls time just as JB goes into wind up, Josh becomes immediately upset and throws the ball and if the ball goes in on Bobby's head...oh well...how can I be expected to have control in this situation.
I'm not sure how this really went down but I'm thinking that the ump should not have granted the batter a timeout at that point.
Any thoughts on this one?

that is classic Beckett, nothing more to say. He is the man out there and has the skills to back it up

I just think that since he was starting his motion as the ump called timeout he threw the pitch high so he wouldn't give away location or the pitch he was going to throw. As good as his stuff has been and with the sox struggling I really doubt he would get himself thrown out of the game that early. I just think the Angels were overly emotional already and just exploded when this happened. Although Abreu did play for the yankees the past couple seasons. :)

I just think that since he was starting his motion as the ump called timeout he threw the pitch high so he wouldn't give away location or the pitch he was going to throw. As good as his stuff has been and with the sox struggling I really doubt he would get himself thrown out of the game that early. I just think the Angels were overly emotional already and just exploded when this happened. Although Abreu did play for the yankees the past couple seasons. :)

No. No. No. The Angels were not getting overemotional because of the passing of their teamate... and they'll fight anybody who says otherwise.:singing:

Beckett was suspended 6 games today...Bob Watson is a bafoon and Mike Scioscia is becoming one of the biggest cry babies in baseball. I am kinda losing respect for him.

Watson has a raging hard on for anything Red Sox, it's pretty obvious he's a Red Sox hater.

If his own umpires didn't toss Beckett, why is he giving the guy a suspension? I could see if Beckett got tossed for what he did, but he did not; if the umpires feel the guy did nothing wrong, Watson is showing them up by suspending the guy.

Idiot.

Didn't Watson used to play for us?
As I recall he was pretty good hitter.
What a shame.

His suspension will get reduced to 3 games on appeal, and he will most likely only miss 1 start. But I agree the extension isn't fair

His suspension will get reduced to 3 games on appeal, and he will most likely only miss 1 start. But I agree the extension isn't fair

I would be surprised. They give starting pitchers at least 5 games because it forces them to miss a start, if they reduced it to 3 games he wouldn't miss a single start.

Kyle Lohse was suspended for 5 games last season for a similar incident, so if anything Beckett will get it reduced by one game. But considering that Lohse's incident didn't involve the benches being emptied, they could certainly argue that an extra game is merited.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back