PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think Clint Ingram should be fined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Calhoun

On the Roster
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
That was clearly a "leading with the helmet", intent to injure-type "tackle" on Brady yesterday. I was VERY surprised to see no flag, but the refs could've been blocked from seeing it. On video, it was clearly a penalty and fineable, IMO, by the league....

I thought it may be worthy of 'leading with the helmet' but who knows. As for intent-to-injure, I wouldn't go that far. Brady was stretching to make a play and Ingram did what he was supposed to do.

I really don't think so.....He was making a run and dove head frist.....Don't get me wrong......nothing can happen to Tom.......It show how Tom know how to MAN UP.......GO PATS!!!!!!:rocker:

It clearly was spearing, a 15-yard penalty. The refs simply missed it.

Absolutely.

Not only fined substantially but dealt with on the field as well.

i bet he gets fined and we find out about it a week from now

It's worth reviewing but my initial reaction was that it was a legal hit.

Brady was taking a major chance - he wasn't in the pocket and therefore better "protected" by the rules - he wasn't sliding and taking the safe route - he was a defacto RB going for the first down.

Unfortunate that he turned the way he did with his back exposed but there's nothing wrong with a head first diving tackle - and it would have been near impossible for Ingram to stop his momentum/diving through the air at that point in time.

Unfortunate that he turned the way he did with his back exposed but there's nothing wrong with a head first diving tackle - and it would have been near impossible for Ingram to stop his momentum/diving through the air at that point in time.

I would counter with 'fortunate' that he did turn and didn't take that hit on his throwing arm/elbow.

I think this could have been an 'unnecessary roughness' call, but as much as it pisses me off, I'd prefer that nothing be done about it off the field.

Absolutely spearing...and the refs missed it..TOTALLY!! Does anyone think that if Rodney hit Garrard like that a flag would not go up immediately?? The refs basically are pitiful..and embarrassing AGAIN..as they are it seems ALL the time now..

Tough call to make.

I've noticed Brady fake a hook slide a couple of times this year and then dive forward for a few extra yards - sometimes crucial extra yards.

Teams are going to wise up to it.

I agreed with the commentators comments after Garrard got levelled by TBC after a scramble - "You can't expect defenders to leave you all alone if you are going to hook slide at the very last nano-second"

I dont mind admitting my jaw dropped right after the hit - the replay made it look even worse.

Brady is a tough SOB.

NM

If it had been anything but a helmet it would have been legal. But by leading with the helmet, it was spearing, which is 15 and a first.

And I agree, if it had been Rodney, it would have been called immediately.

Absolutely he should be fined. And I was shocked that no penalty was called. It doesn't matter if it was the QB,RB, WR, TE, or anyone else "spearing" is illegal and should have been called.

Having said that, I thought that the roughing the passer call against JAX was bull**** along with the roughing the passer call againts the Patriots.

Absolutely he should be fined. And I was shocked that no penalty was called. It doesn't matter if it was the QB,RB, WR, TE, or anyone else "spearing" is illegal and should have been called.

Having said that, I thought that the roughing the passer call against JAX was bull**** along with the roughing the passer call againts the Patriots.

couldnt have sait it better, and it was driving me crazy on the post game show them saying, "well if it was a RB would you be calling and questioning the hit" the answer is YES!!! he led with his helmet without a question, if they missed it on the field thats fine, it happens, but he better get fined.

I thought it was a textbook example of 'leading with the helmet', but then agian WTH do I know.

I thought it was a textbook example of 'leading with the helmet', but then agian WTH do I know.

Instead of 1st and 10 at NE 43, the Pats should have had 1st and 10 at JAX 42. :enranged: [OTOH, if that had happened, we wouldn't have gotten that perfect 27-yarder from Maroney. . . .]

Same thing with the BUF TD to open the season . . . that shouldn't have been a fumble, that should have been 15 yards and a 1st down for the Pats.

there's nothing wrong with a head first diving tackle
Uh, yeah, there is. It's called spearing, or sometimes "leading with the helmet."

If Clint kept his head up and hit with the face mask, it would have been okay, but he planted the top of his helmet into Brady's back/shoulder area.

I tend to think it was finable, but only saw it once and quick.

Does anyone have a link to the hit?

not only was that a 15 yrd personal, but he should definetly be fined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results