ILB- Teddy Bruschi NE
OLB- Takeo Spikes BUF
OLB- Mike Vrabel NE
CB- Nate Clements BUF
CB- Ellis Hobbs NE
S- Rodney Harrison NE
S- Troy Vincent Buf

No special teamers in my list.

I added Ronnie Brown over Willis McGahee. Not b/c he's necessarily any better but Buffalo's offense is a mess and McGahee is in for a very long season.

I also made quite a few changes on the OLine. All five starters come from the New England Patriots. I believe this to be as much an indication for how poor the OLines are in the AFC East as much as it speaks for how good NE's OLine actually is.

The truth is that all five of those guys belong on this list. The biggest question mark is Kaczur but I'm more comfortable with him than any other RT in the division.

The last change I made was Troy Vincent for Eugene Wilson. I really like Wilson a lot but he has something to prove this year. If he can return to his 2003-2004 form, he'll find his way back to this list. If he plays like he did last season, he won't.

Here are the scores for the first team all AFC East team.

Patriots- 13
Dolphins- 4
Bills- 4
Jets- 1

pats1 said:
So - let me get this straight:

1. The addition of Daunte Culpepper WILL win the Dolphins at least 3 more games.

2. Ronnie Brown WILL surpass Willie McGahee in rushing this year.

3. Channing Crowder WILL become a household name this year.

4. Miami WILL win the division this year.

Hmm.. all are very true except MAYBE #1. Culpepper immediatley makes Miami a much better team. I think the Fins win about 11 or 12 games next year. The Crowder statement may not become true this year, but eventually yes he will be one of the elite LBs in the NFL.

PYPER said:
I predict that Maroney will eventually be the best RB in the entire league, let alone the AFC East. It won't happen this year though. As long as he's healthy and productive, Dillon will get the lion's share of the workload. Maroney will have to patiently wait for his time but when he gets it, he'll never look back.

Brown is a very good back, as is McGahee. As far as I'm concerned, it's apples and oranges.

Chambers is an enigma. We've all been waiting for years for him to become a great WR and it hasn't happened. Don't get me wrong, he is very good but he still has far too many drops and mental lapses to be called great.
My long term expectations for Jackson far exceed the reality of Chambers.
For now, Chambers narrowly gets the vote over Lee Evans.....For now.

Yeeeeahhh....OK, dude. Zach Thomas is a very good player who's had a marvelous career. Thomas and Bruschi are very similar players.

Thomas has been doing it longer but nobody has done it better than Tedy Bruschi in the last five or six years.

If it were 1999, Thomas easily gets the vote. But in the year 2006, it's Bruschi all the way.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I LOVED Maroney at Minnesota. (Obviously now I no longer like him lol.) I think he will be a top RB in football in a number of years, but so will Ronnie IMO. Saban is a spitting image of BB and should make for some great races in the AFCE for years to come.

If you have Chambers just slightly better than Lee Evans, then I don't know what I can tell you. Chambers is a sure fire pro-bowler and will be for 4 or 5 more years. Evans is a far cry from every seeing a pro-bowl. That was the only statement you made that I COMPLETELY disagree with. If Evans is close to Chambers, than he is much better than Branch.

You say Bruschi is better than Thomas now, but Thomas has been consistant since his rookie year. He always is top 3 in the NFL in tackles, and has never had any drop off. Thomas is the best LB in the NFL IMO. It's cool that you give Bruschi an edge but if you're going to, it has to be by the slimest of margins.

You say Bruschi is better than Thomas now, but Thomas has been consistant since his rookie year. He always is top 3 in the NFL in tackles, and has never had any drop off. Thomas is the best LB in the NFL IMO. It's cool that you give Bruschi an edge but if you're going to, it has to be by the slimest of margins.

It's more then just stats brotha. You said you thought Ed Reed was the best safety in the league, correct? Well, there were more then 60 safeties in the league with more tackles then Reed last season. There were more then 40 safeties in the league with more interceptions then Reed last season. There were more then 40 safeties with more sacks then Reed last season. Please, find a counter argument.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I LOVED Maroney at Minnesota. (Obviously now I no longer like him lol.) I think he will be a top RB in football in a number of years, but so will Ronnie IMO. Saban is a spitting image of BB and should make for some great races in the AFCE for years to come.

I'm not arguing with you because I agree, both will be top 5 backs soon, but Mike Shanahan said himself that Laurence Maroney was going to be the best running back in the league. Of course it's dumb to assume because he hasn't proven anything yet, I was just pointing out how highly he is thought of by other coaches.

Last edited:
mavfan2390 said:
It's more then just stats brotha. You said you thought Ed Reed was the best safety in the league, correct? Well, there were more then 60 safeties in the league with more tackles then Reed last season. There were more then 40 safeties in the league with more interceptions then Reed last season. There were more then 40 safeties with more sacks then Reed last season. Please, find a counter argument.

While I understand it isn't all about stats, my point is, Zach is always around the ball. He is an anchor on our defense and we really wouldn't be half the defense we are without him.

mavfan2390 said:
I'm not arguing with you because I agree, both will be top 5 backs soon, but Mike Shanahan said himself that Laurence Maroney was going to be the best running back in the league. Of course it's dumb to assume because he hasn't proven anything yet, I was just pointing out how highly he is thought of by other coaches.

Like I said, I loved what Maroney did in Minnesota and can't agrue against the fact that he will one day be great. I think he will, just give it 2 or 3 years.

mavfan2390 said:

He had injury problems and only played in 10 games.

mavfan2390 said:

Why are stats not a legitimate argument? Even neglecting that Reed didn't play a full season last year, the most you can say is that Aqua4Ever is taking an inconsistent position in using stats but that doesn't diminish the argument for Thomas. Rather, he should have to explain why he places Ed Reed so high despite the stats. One explanation, obviously, is injury. Be that as it may, you should perhaps make "an argument" before you insist on anything.

I wouldn't be suprised if Ronnie Brown had a big year this season. He has all the physical tools at 6 ft, 230+ lbs., with good speed. He could be a break out player. In a way he kinda reminds me of the Rams Steven Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST