PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Pats preseason TV hosts announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more Fauria!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Zolak and Socci in the booth, with new sideline reporter Rob Ninkovich!

Zo obviously isn't perfect..... but this is light years ahead of what was in the booth already. This might be the first competent Patriots preseason TV broadcast crew I can remember. Don Criqui and Randy Cross were also terrible before Roche and Fauria.

Who will do pre season radio ?

If nothing else, Zolak will make it fun.

Hopefully Ninkovich doesn't ruin my opinion of him by being bad on TV like Fauria did.

Zo obviously isn't perfect..... but this is light years ahead of what was in the booth already. This might be the first competent Patriots preseason TV broadcast crew I can remember. Don Criqui and Randy Cross were also terrible before Roche and Fauria.

The name "Criqui" alone gives me memories.

Does anyone else remember the first preseason game of 2011 (we trashed JAX) when the Sam Adams guy (I assume that's not his name) was absolutely piss drunk doing a sideline interview and they wouldn't even show the game over that?

That kind of sloppy **** is why I love the preseason. The terrible production is arguably more entertaining than the boring, overly sanitized regular presentation. I mean, Tony Romo ascended to meme status simply because he was the first commentary guy in practically forever who didn't suck.

I like it! Looking forward to Zo's antics in August. Now if they could get rid of Bob's Discount Furniture thing.....

Was hoping zolak was getting replaced.

Was hoping zolak was getting replaced.
So I’m not the only one who isn’t the biggest fan of Zolak?

He gets a little too homerish. Waves pom poms a bit too much.

His voice irritates me too. It makes it sound like we pulled a random boozed up guy from the local pub to be our color guy.

His voice irritates me too. It makes it sound like we pulled a random boozed up guy from the local pub to be our color guy.

He has to be better than Fauria though. I loved his comment last preseason about how Vince Wilfork's retirement created an opportunity for one of the young guys to make the team............two years after Wilfork left New England.

He's gonna be fine in this limited capacity where he's not calling anything real. You're totally right about most of what you said, and he would be one of the worst announcers in football if he did real games.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to him screaming about a long bomb from Etling to a nobody WR (who people will inevitably assume made the team) in the 4th quarter.

He's gonna be drunk as **** too.

Whatever you think of Zo he is a hundred times better than having Fauria in the booth. Pats preseason broadcasts have been a clown show for years.

Zolak reminds me of some of the GDT All-Stars, the first bit of adversity and you get the doom and gloom, worried and concerned crap.

Happy. Painful memories in past times.

He's a dope. Embarrassing.

ZO's IQ is sub 50...

Like some others have said, I actually like the slightly subpar broadcast quality of the preseason...and Zo is perfect for that. It's like going to the bar and watching the game with that loud guy who was a high school football star 25 years ago, still shotguns beers and is vaguely strongfat. He's great fun when you're winning, but there's not much doing when you're losing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News