PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

50 Years ago.. Bobby Orr scores the winning goal, Stanley Cup...

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Back in the time machine when the only station that carried the Bruins when I was living in Newport was channel 38, Don Earle and Johnny Peirson announcing. The reception was so bad, even with the tin foil and coat hangers, had to watch games from a bar where they had something figured out to get grainy reception.. black and white on probably a 25" screen over the bar.

Quite a team; Esposito, Sanderson, McKenzie, Cashman, Bucyk, Bailey and Cheevers ++

Collected my newspapers and saved them until recently, for some reason... it was a great diversion. Recently was in NOLA and went to a bar called, "45 Tchoup" (4500 block of Tchopotoulous) and ran into the owner who is a transplanted Bostonian and her bar is adorned with RS, Bruins, Celtics and Pats gear. My kids and grandkids are not into those kind of sports, I sent a load of stuff to her.. when I go to NOLA can drink for free, wish I was still a degenerate drinker.

Never will forget this image and the huge adulation after it.

upload_2020-5-10_5-48-54.jpeg

Sorry for the trip down memory lane, but everything has a context...

Last edited:
Recently, Facebook has had a lot of videos on Orr. Orr not Gretzky is the GOAT. Wayne was a great scorer, but Bobby changed the game.

Bobby Orr, simply the most complete hockey player there ever was.
And an even better man

Bobby orr was the absolute best. he's on the Mount Rushmore of Boston sports.

Last edited:
Watching 1991 B'S V Nordiques

I F'n love Hockey soooo much.
Bourque was all-time fav. Talk about toughness, leadership & reliability/durability.

Man Tugnutt & Reggie put on a show that day. Esp from Tugnutt.

Neely, what a dude. He was special too. Glen Wesley was so underrated.

Watching 1991 B'S V Nordiques

I F'n love Hockey soooo much.
Bourque was all-time fav. Talk about toughness, leadership & reliability/durability.

Man Tugnutt & Reggie put on a show that day. Esp from Tugnutt.

Neely, what a dude. He was special too. Glen Wesley was so underrated.
its such a shame Bourgue didn't get a cup with the bruins.

He was a class-act on & off the ice. Never gets remembered when we talk about Boston greats but he should. He carried this team for years and gave B's fans something to be hopeful about and proud of every second he played.

Again so tough. Bourque didn't back down from anyone. Quiet but no fear.

Should've had one in 1990 if Sinden didn't trade Bill Ranford & Jeff Courtnall...to Edmonton...for Andy Moog...one of the very worst trades he ever made...That one feckin trade directly cost us the Cup that year, and most likely the following year too...damn shame...

Should've had one in 1990 if Sinden didn't trade Bill Ranford & Jeff Courtnall...to Edmonton...for Andy Moog...one of the very worst trades he ever made...That one feckin trade directly cost us the Cup that year, and most likely the following year too...damn shame...
this year is a crying shame. i cant believe the season is toast. even if hockey comes back in some strange sad format. its still a lost season.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back