PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

16 million in cap space, sign a veteran or two

man, it's disconcerting to read that report about JSS health concerns.
I agree that this is a year they have to stock WR's. And, maybe bring someone in at cut downs.
what article?

man, it's disconcerting to read that report about JSS health concerns.
I agree that this is a year they have to stock WR's. And, maybe bring someone in at cut downs.
disregard, found itl

Will Patriots keep an extra WR due to Smith-Schuster injury concerns?

So this explains why Bill the GM signed Schuster - he probably got a "discount" because he's an injury guy. Just like Parker was an "injury guy", apparently so is Schuster - he's missed 18 games over his 6 year career. He's also a 4 documented concussion guy, so the minute he takes a shot to the head he'll miss a game. I'd say the odds on him playing a full season are slim to none. Bill the GM signed Parker, a guy known to miss games, and what happened - yup, he missed 4 games.
The skill position "talent" on this club is so paper thin, they cannot afford to have guys miss games. The days of the "next man up" Pats are long gone and hard to find. They don't have Brady to turn Austin Collie into Edelman for a quarter anymore. Schuster better be available for 17 games if the Pats are going to sniff the playoffs....

What Captain Stone wrote is 100% true. Who is walking the street unsigned right now and can fill in the aforementioned voids? Can someone come up with some specific names? Maybe Zeke and ____________?
There's a reason why Zeke is a street free agent in 2023, he doesn't make anyone miss any more.

It's less about making a difference between winning & losing a championship, or even a division, as it is about giving our QB as much help as we can in order to make a proper evaluation of him; and that help includes at least a league-average Left Tackle, a reliable 3rd-Down RB & a WR about whom defensive coordinators might be somewhat worried... I still don't see any of that here.
I keep hearing about Making a proper evaluation on Mac.. the evaluation was done his rookie season. He showed he could play at a high level in the league. He had a solid season, and even had this team at the 1 seed at one point. Then 2022 happened...

At this point if the team really wanted to surround him with talent they could have. I honestly don't know truly what they think of Mac privately. I like Mac and believe he will have a great season. I just feel as though they won't pay him what good QB play commands going forward. IMO

What Captain Stone wrote is 100% true. Who is walking the street unsigned right now and can fill in the aforementioned voids? Can someone come up with some specific names? Maybe Zeke and ____________?
The popular name in recent days (as fans watch their offensive lines during preseason games) is Dalton Risner, but there’s definitely something going on with his market behind the scenes. He’s been perceived as a top available free agent for months now, but has just a single visit (that didn’t result in a contract offer) to show for it. He had four different injuries late last season (back, shoulder, foot, elbow), so the most obvious explanation would be some lingering effect from one of those.

Jets fans, in particular, want to sign him to start at guard and move Alijah Vera-Tucker to right tackle. Sound familiar?

I keep hearing about Making a proper evaluation on Mac.. the evaluation was done his rookie season. He showed he could play at a high level in the league. He had a solid season, and even had this team at the 1 seed at one point. Then 2022 happened...

At this point if the team really wanted to surround him with talent they could have. I honestly don't know truly what they think of Mac privately. I like Mac and believe he will have a great season. I just feel as though they won't pay him what good QB play commands going forward. IMO

I think nobody is going to pay kirk cousins level of money going forward and we can thank Daniel Jones for it.

We might end up with two players for 35 - 40 million like say Mac Jones for 25 million and Cunningham for 8-12 million and run the wildcat and default in pocket package.

I have a feeling getting Cunningham to double up as a wide receiver helps the offense on so many fronts with so many disguises. Teams will need to prepare for Cunningham bolting away on screens or making a shovel pass on other side or completely breaking free and running away . The possibilities are endless and feel he will make the value of Mac even more. We might be the first team to have such a combo package of QBs. One person need not have it all.

I think there have been deals behind closed doors Zeke, Cook and Fournette will not be made public until after at least the 2nd preseason game.. to avoid Training Camp...
Could I have been right with the signings of Cook and Zeke yesterday?? I was a game short, but these vets get sick of TC...

Bill the GM extended Raekwon McMillan..."up to" $2.4M...why? McMillian is not playing this season. He's a guy who played less than 1/4 of defensive snaps. But he DID play almost 70% of special teams and we know Bill the Coach loves his special teamers. Allegedly this guy was supposed to have a "bigger role" in this year's defense because of his coverage skills....well, he tore up his ACL, which doesn't bode well for a speed guy.
McMillan is another one of Bill the GM's "injury guys" - this will be the third season McMillan will spend on IR.
So many of the Coach/GM's decisions are absolutely mind blowing....and this is another one.

Yeah, threatened a rape victim with rape if she didn’t drop her case.
Oh that's not cool. My only knowledge of the guy is a video that circulated a few years back, him consoling a crying kid after a loss.

Good pass blocker, decent receiver out of backfield, good goal line runner. Lots of experience

This, plus still a good enough runner to allow them to rest the starter more than last year, which is one of the roster needs. They just filled it.
Of course, fans will move the goal posts because he's not going to give them fantasy football wins, but that's all irrelevant. Building a team, not collecting talent.

We signed him. (I'm not a fan and I am not a hater)
I'll try to stay open-minded. Pointing out that a guy going into his eight season is not making people miss any more isn't hate. He can catch and he has decent durability and seems to be an okay guy, but IMO this signing isn't gonna make or break our season. 'Up to $6M' means a decent amount of incentives, hopefully he earns them.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back