PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

◈ Roster Cuts ◈ Who Stays? Who Goes?

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Two days, two cuts... Hoyer and Howerton have either been released or are rumored to be released... Im sure there are others too, i just can't recall at the moment

Who else is on the chopping block...

A few have mentioned Hunter Henry... well it would fit into the pattern of releasing the H guys, but honestly, i don't think so... he's the best TE we got...

any others you think might get cut? Or want to get released?

There's a big difference between Howerton and Hoyer. Hoyer might get released, but I don't know why they'd do it right now. They save next to nothing on the cap.

And separately, releasing Henry would be compounding the mistake that was restructuring Smith's contract.

Comparing Henry to Hoyer is just plain silly.
=======================
Sure, there may be more cleaning house at the bottom of the roster for players who staff thinks have no chance of making the 53.

For example, I follow the roster. I humbly admit that I never heard of Howerton.

Ty Montgomery comes to mind... Cant see him sticking around...

Tucker Addington might stick thru camp if they need a second long snapper...

There's a big difference between Howerton and Hoyer. Hoyer might get released, but I don't know why they'd do it right now. They save next to nothing on the cap.

If they have no further use for Hoyer, depending on when it becomes official, he gets a small jump of free agency

And separately, releasing Henry would be compounding the mistake that was restructuring Smith's contract.
Wasn't saying they will, just that I read he could possibly be a cap casualty... I do no want, nor am I advocating cutting Henry... If one of the two TEs are to be released, it should not be Henry... I personally think he should be extended

Are you guys discussing July cuts or March cuts?

Are you guys discussing July cuts or March cuts?
Just potential cuts in general... Nothing specific, could proffer up both or none at all

Two days, two cuts... Hoyer and Howerton have either been released or are rumored to be released... Im sure there are others too, i just can't recall at the moment

Who else is on the chopping block...

A few have mentioned Hunter Henry... well it would fit into the pattern of releasing the H guys, but honestly, i don't think so... he's the best TE we got...

any others you think might get cut? Or want to get released?
Reiss is confirming the rumors on Hoyer.

Now I'm wondering if it's going to be with a failed physical designation, given that he didn't return from an early concussion.

Henry appears safe:

Reiss is confirming the rumors on Hoyer.

Now I'm wondering if it's going to be with a failed physical designation, given that he didn't return from an early concussion.
Would that save the cap?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back