Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Mac or Zappe

• Zappe

• Mac

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's hilarious that Bill still hasn't named a starter for the Jets game. He'll probably do the exact same thing and wait until game time.
Why shouldn't he? Doesn't it make sense to see how your QBs/team responds and why give the opposing team the knowledge if you don't have to?

Funny how everyone thought Lombardi was over the top when he made this comment after Gm 3.

“New England is not doing anything they stand for,” former Patriots assistant coach Michael Lombardi said on “The GM Shuffle” podcast. "As much as I like Mac Jones, I thought he would protect the ball and play smarter than he’s played. To me, he was in danger of either changing what he did, or he is going to lose his job. You’re not going to play in the NFL if you keep turning the ball over the way he was.”

Maybe so but honestly I haven’t seen that kind of response from a Boston crowd to an individual player before while they were on the team. I was/am pro-Zappe but I felt terribly for Mac regardless.
Everything about last night was a dumpster fire. A win against the Jete isn't going to be enough to erase what happened last night. It sucks but moving on from Brady is seemingly more and more worthless as time goes on. What did it accomplish? Yeah maybe he didn't want to be here but this is crazy seeing the regression.

Maybe so but honestly I haven’t seen that kind of response from a Boston crowd to an individual player before while they were on the team. I was/am pro-Zappe but I felt terribly for Mac regardless.
One thing that stood out is there are a lot of Boston fans not on this website. The chants for Zappe were alarming.

Yeah, it's ironic because a lot of Boston fans (including my friends) like to make fun of other fanbases for booing their own players at home games. Well, turns out Boston fans also do it. Shocking.

Everything about last night was a dumpster fire. A win against the Jete isn't going to be enough to erase what happened last night. It sucks but moving on from Brady is seemingly more and more worthless as time goes on. What did it accomplish? Yeah maybe he didn't want to be here but this is crazy seeing the regression.
Hahaha

You haven't watched any Brady lately I take it

Yeah, it's ironic because a lot of Boston fans (including my friends) like to make fun of other fanbases for booing their own players at home games. Well, turns out Boston fans also do it. Shocking.
I felt pretty embarrassed. Like the fans started a big Zappe chant when the Pats defense gave up a TD. It was a pretty bad look for the fan base tbh.

That was my point. Lacking would appear an understatement. I'm a firm believer in the right tools for the job. Why put the most important position in the team under the control of a Defensive Coordinator and a Special Teams Coordinator. Get some f***** actual offensive coaches. Stop trying to outsmart the NFL. Those days are over.
Amen to that.

The answer we were getting from the Homers was:

1. They're good coaches;
2. A coach can coach anything;
3. They know BB's system.

Probably a bad analogy but why hire a good carpenter to lay block, just because he's a good contractor? Forget that. Hire the best mason you can find to lay block. That's his specialty. Everything is specialized nowadays. Why re-invent the wheel? Experience matters.

If the Zappites are all in on 6'1" QBs you could take Sam Hartman of Wake Forest in the later rounds. Basically a better version of Zappe who has consistently performed for a top 25 Demons.

Bailey isn't 6-1, that "official" height is inflated by at least 2 inches.

One thing that stood out is there are a lot of Boston fans not on this website. The chants for Zappe were alarming.

The crowd last night wasn't all regulars, the makeup is a bit different for night games. The booing and chants for Zappe started before Mac's interception, during the second series. It was disturbing and embarrassing.

He looks horrible

How does a 45 year old Brady help this team?
The weird part of this statement (while true) is that he is still performing better than 2019 Brady. Better comp %, on pace for more yards, much better td:int ratio, better rating, etc.

So many of the same fans saying Brady looks bad are also the same fans saying Belichick should have done anything it took to keep him in 2019.

Why? He was 42 and looked mediocre. No QB in history performed very well beyond 40 so it seemed as if he was just trending down like he appears to be doing again. So why were fans so angry? Because they had the hindsight to see how he’d look on a stacked roster that was significantly better than the 2020 Pats?

I guess it’s the same fans who decided to embarrass the fanbase by booing Jones. I understood wanting Zappe to start. He should have started at least one more week to see how legit he is. But to humiliate Jones was horrible.

They likely just booed him out of the city. Doubt he’ll re-sign here for a team friendly contract when the fans turned on him so quickly.

Now I guess we have to hope Zappe is the real deal because I can’t see Jones wanting to stick around once his contract is up.

The weird part of this statement (while true) is that he is still performing better than 2019 Brady. Better comp %, on pace for more yards, much better td:int ratio, better rating, etc.

So many of the same fans saying Brady looks bad are also the same fans saying Belichick should have done anything it took to keep him in 2019.

Why? He was 42 and looked mediocre. No QB in history performed very well beyond 40 so it seemed as if he was just trending down like he appears to be doing again. So why were fans so angry? Because they had the hindsight to see how he’d look on a stacked roster that was significantly better than the 2020 Pats?

I guess it’s the same fans who decided to embarrass the fanbase by booing Jones. I understood wanting Zappe to start. He should have started at least one more week to see how legit he is. But to humiliate Jones was horrible.

They likely just booed him out of the city. Doubt he’ll re-sign here for a team friendly contract when the fans turned on him so quickly.

Now I guess we have to hope Zappe is the real deal because I can’t see Jones wanting to stick around once his contract is up.
I was one of the guys who wanted him benched. I was practically booing him at my house. Fair or unfair, I think the Zappe hype led to a lot of those boos. We thought we had a hero and it turned out he was fools gold. That wasn't fair to Mac.

With that said he still didn't hasn't played well for a while.

Neither of these guys are franchise qbs. Maybe middle of the pack Jimmy G tier. You can have some regular season success and maybe win a playoff game, but that’s the ceiling unless you have the 85 bears defense.

Pats will never intentionally tank under BB so good luck getting a high enough pick for a franchise qb unless you trade up.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back