PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zappe is back as QB2 Corral on Reserve/Left Squad list

Cutting Zappe and his 4th round contract then bringing him back on a cheaper deal, and then cutting Corral before his 3rd rounder salary is guaranteed this season by being on the 53 and signing him to a PS contract instead, probably does save a small amount of cash. Though I imagine the move was more due to the emergency QB rule changes than otherwise.
the only cash this saves is RKK's cash, i can't believe Zappe or Corral we part of the top roster members which count against the cap.

Maybe BB told Corral after THU practice he was going to be IR'd. Corral thought "pinche gringo," and was a no show on FRI. Probably already back in Cali eating tacos.
Welcome back !

1694304781434.gif

Are the Patriots becoming the Jets and the Jets becoming the Patriots?
Sorry Normal People GIF by CBC

I really don't understand at all what Bill is doing with the back up QB position ...

It's in flux at the start of the season. They cut Zappe (knowing he would be back) to manage other roster areas of need. Then they took a flyer on Corral -- a move with possible upside and zero downside. Remember that Corral had to be put on the 53 when claimed and obviously isn't up to speed with the offense. I could be wrong but wonder if dropping Corral at this juncture simply is more roster juggling for tomorrow's game. I haven't seen anything confirming he's gone for good. He might be back.

Seems to be that BOB isn't sold on Zappe and considers him little more than a stopgap 'til a better option either develops (a la Corral) or can be signed. Had the unlikely occurred and Zappe got snagged by another team, McSorely probably would've been re-signed.

This is very interesting to say the least.

Bill didn’t seem to have any concerns on Thursday with Corral based on his answers to the media about QB2. If he was being an ******* they’d just have cut him. Makes me think maybe something went wrong here but they’re not necessarily “out” on him yet.

Hope he’s okay. Apparently struggled with depression in the past.

Totally…..you should definitely start posting on theganggreen.com and stop posting here. We’ll be right behind you. Trust us.
Is this the posting version of the tush push?

A little concerning he’s been MIA the last two days considering he opened up about his mental health issues a couple years ago.

Everything is fine though..per some posters....just genius moves by bill.

Seems more likely that they prefer corral over zappe but he's gone AWOL so they have no choice but to bring zappe back up.

This isn't "roster maneuvering".
It’s exactly this, spot on.

I hope he’s ok
He’s starting to sound like Barrett Robbins if anyone remembers him… The Raiders C that left his team before the Super Bowl over a battle with depression.

He’s starting to sound like Barrett Robbins if anyone remembers him… The Raiders C that left his team before the Super Bowl over a battle with depression.
That story was crazy. I think he’s currently in prison.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

Seems more likely that they prefer corral over zappe but he's gone AWOL so they have no choice but to bring zappe back up.

Agree but it was until Corral disappeared.

Agree but it was until Corral disappeared.

More on this below. Looking at the fine print, it could be a sly way of keeping Corral away from other teams while off the roster. No one else can sign him under this AWOL designation but he can return to the Patriots at any time. Or, he simply had a meltdown and took off.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back