PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zappe is back as QB2 Corral on Reserve/Left Squad list

I thought of this too and then laughed, but…

I can kind of.. sort of… see a way where this is a response to the last-minute rule change from the NFL. “Oh we can’t have a PS QB be our number 2 and our guy on the 53 be our emergency freebie number 3? Well, we’ll just make one guy ‘exempt’ and then have the other guy take his temporary roster spot until he’s ready…”

That said, Corral being exempt means he won’t be practicing so I really doubt this is the case, but it’s so bizarre that it makes me suspicious lol
Zappe was signed to the 53 so the roster spot is gone for now.

Imagine if Zappe got claimed? Joe Flacco would be QB2 at this point. Not really sure what BB is doing here.

I don’t know what is going on at this point. Did he flake out which led to him getting cut or did he get cut and flake out?
I’m guessing he had a couple of days to see what being a Patriot means, and after those practices he is taking some time off to contemplate his future. In other words he’s figuring out whether he really wants to be an NFL QB. And like retirement that question is answered by the fact that you asked it.

So to summarize, Patriots cut their backup qb, signed a new backup qb who quit the team after 9 days, all right before opening game of season.

Such a drama queen. The Patriots waived their backup qb, resigned him a day later, signed a developmental QB who may or may not be with the team very much longer.

Are the Patriots becoming the Jets and the Jets becoming the Patriots?

You are really outdoing yourself with :poop: takes today.

There are a few different balls in play as part of the bigger picture effort to improve the QB depth. Zappe was always going the be QB2 this week, cutting him and moving him to the PS gave some flexibility to move other players to the IR and kick the tires on other QB's. The league rule change forced the move to add him to the 53 now. At face value Corral did not prove to be ready for QB2 any time soon, he is probably done with the Pats. This not the last transaction involving QB that we will see this year.

Can a player refuse a waiver claim?

A player that is claimed on release waivers has the option of rejecting that claim and instead exploring the free-agent market. Release waivers are often requested after a player's contract is designated for assignment or in cases when a veteran player would otherwise refuse an outright assignment.
That quote is from MLB.com. The Patriots play in the NFL. There is a difference between the NFL and MLB. Kind of confusing since both have three letters. Get hammered on Saturday night every week?

I don’t know what is going on at this point. Did he flake out which led to him getting cut or did he get cut and flake out?

No-one knows what is going on, or those that do know are not saying anything. Matt has been open about his struggle with depression so most of us are assuming that he did not show up on Friday as he is dealing with his mental health issues.

There was a report they were thinking of trading for Case Keenum. If things really go squirrely, keep an eye out for a trade like that.

There was a report they were thinking of trading for Case Keenum. If things really go squirrely, keep an eye out for a trade like that.

Probably the case, but I would prefer to work with Zappe if possible. I read that Colt McCoy has a injury issue so is not really an option.

Probably the case, but I would prefer to work with Zappe if possible. I read that Colt McCoy has an injury issue so is not really an option.
I think they prefer Zappe, too. But if there’s a serious injury and they need another QB, that seems like a route they’d go down after Zappe.

Maybe BB told Corral after THU practice he was going to be IR'd. Corral thought "pinche gringo," and was a no show on FRI. Probably already back in Cali eating tacos.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back