PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seymour On Reserve/Left Squad List per Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really plus. I think he can offer to play for $3.7 million in 2010 after being suspended for this year, and while the Raiders could cut him instead, they would almost surely say "Fine".
Maybe a normal team. Al Davis is a vindictive S.O.B.

Syemour can offer what he wants. Al Davis is in charge, and Davis is NOT a guy I'd like to be in charge of my career after I humiliated him.

he is just losing 200k a week..thats all. peanuts for him .and here people hope to get jobs...
sorry not being harsh but i wish he appreciated this a little more ..unless he has family issues ..there is no excuse really...

Last edited:
This story is really getting nuts:

Here is the report that he HAS the letter:
Ultimatum for Richard Seymour - BostonHerald.com

Here is the report that the letter has NOT been sent as reported above:
Raiders Deny Putting Seymour On Notice | NBC Bay Area

What to believe? I guess it really doesn't matter. Seymour will come to understand that he really has NO leverage should the Raiders grow a pair and demand he show up. The longer the Raiders avoid sending the letter (assuming it has NOT been sent), the longer Seymour can sit out with no consequences except losing $216,764.71 per game he misses which apparently isn't an issue for him at this time. I can't understand what his angle is on this. What is he trying to accomplish by not reporting?...except losing game checks he can never get back.

It's still pretty stunning how spoiled someone can be that they refuse to play a f*cking game for 4 months for $3.6 million and then throw a fit at the idea of being forced to play yet another 4 month season for $10+ million. Sorry Seymour, but you can get your own box of tissues. The only thing I'd give you right now is a big "f*ck you".

If there is a football club out there as tight lipped as the Pats, it's the Raiders.

Matter of fact they may even be worse. Or better depending on the way you look at it.

It's still pretty stunning how spoiled someone can be that they refuse to play a f*cking game for 4 months for $3.6 million and then throw a fit at the idea of being forced to play yet another 4 month season for $10+ million. Sorry Seymour, but you can get your own box of tissues. The only thing I'd give you right now is a big "f*ck you".

Excellent post. He's just another big overgrown child not living in the real world. His true colors are finally showing. No wonder he doesn't fit in with the Pats any longer.

Someone responding to Florio reports he's on the Exempt/Did Not Report List

... and goes on to make a distinction that doesn't mean he's done for the year - just not on the 53 man roster for now

solman says:
September 11, 2009 10:50 PM
He is on the Exempt/Left-Club list.

This means that he doesn't count towards the 53 man roster.

Reserve would imply that he can no longer compete for his current time this season.

As noted elsewhere, that can't happen until the five day letter is five days old (on Tuesday).

Report: Raiders place Seymour on reserve/left club list | ProFootballTalk.com

I think this is just a re-hash of yesterday's news that the NFL granted the Raiders the roster extenstion, as it sounds like that would be a more plausible move by the Raiders... could just be that the move from yesterday is now being posted on the transactions page?

It wouldn't surprise me if this report is retracted.

Last edited:
Someone responding to Florio reports he's on the Exempt/Did Not Report List

... and goes on to make a distinction that doesn't mean he's done for the year - just not on the 53 man roster for now

Report: Raiders place Seymour on reserve/left club list | ProFootballTalk.com

I think this is just a re-hash of yesterday's news that the NFL granted the Raiders the roster extenstion, as it sounds like that would be a more plausible move by the Raiders... could just be that the move from yesterday is now being posted on the transactions page?

It wouldn't surprise me if this report is retracted.

Yeah; the NFP's report is fairly specific about his being on the exempt/left squad list, not the reserve/left squad list (which would mean Seymour is done for the year).

What to believe? I guess it really doesn't matter. Seymour will come to understand that he really has NO leverage should the Raiders grow a pair and demand he show up. The longer the Raiders avoid sending the letter (assuming it has NOT been sent), the longer Seymour can sit out with no consequences except losing $216,764.71 per game he misses which apparently isn't an issue for him at this time. I can't understand what his angle is on this. What is he trying to accomplish by not reporting?...except losing game checks he can never get back.

That California report is just a story rehashing all the earlier reports about what Cable said (he was not aware...) and Papa supposedly being misquoted.

If Rodney says he got the letter, he got the letter...

Crabtree is doing to 49'ers. And he hasnt made a single penny yet. It takes all kinds to make this world.

The title "Raiders Deny Putting Seymour On Notice" is misleading. The article doesn't say that. It says exactly what we have known since yesterday: that the coach claimed to "not have knowledge" about the letter (which says almost nothing about whether a letter had been sent) as well as that there was a "miscommunication". Guess what. There could well have been a "miscommunication" and a letter have been sent. For example, let's assume that the Raiders don't want to advertise to the world that they sent this letter. Any reference to sending the letter can accurately be described as a "miscommunication". It doesn't mean a letter wasn't sent.

There are multiple sources that say Seymour actually received the letter. One report claims that it was hand-delivered. Another says that Seymour himself acknowledges receiving the letter. Both of these are far more believable than the "non-denial denials" that are coming out of Oakland.

i had a lot of empathy for Seymour at the beginning; let's face it, going from the Patriots to the Raiders is not a pleasant prospect, plus he no doubt has the issues that everyone who is unexpectedly forced to relocate faces, especially when they have young children and the relocation occurs during the school year.

but now, i'm starting to think that he's lost touch with reality and is a case study in how a celebrity can grow detached from said reality.

from everything we can observe (and, who knows?, maybe there are things going on that we don't know about), he seems to be saying he refuses to play a game that will demand his presence on the Oakland Raiders for 16 contests and assorted practices between September 14th and early January during which time he will be paid well over $3 million and after which he will be free to demand even more money from another team that will provide him with what the rest of us would call "better working conditions."

i can understand that his feelings were bruised by how suddenly and at how inconvenient a time of year this all went down; he had made massive contributions to the Patriots and was a core part of the teams that won three Championships five to eight years ago.

but now i'm taking the perspective that there are millions of people who've lost jobs in the last year in this country, many of whom have yet to find new work or who had to relocate their families under far less favorable circumstances than those afforded someone earning seven figures a year. he could even afford to keep two residences and allow his children to stay in school in Massachusetts and rejoin his family in a few months, visiting them off and on and bringing them to Oakland to visit him throughout these four months. his wouldn't be the only "bicoastal" family in these trying economic times; it's not an ideal solution, but I'm sure his new employer would have made the situation as viable as possible had he approached everything reasonably.

Richard Seymour should grow up or quietly fade into the distance. there's too much pain and desperation for millions for me to have any more time for this ongoing and petulant display of immaturity. i'm going to stop posting in these Seymour threads.

Schefter just tweeted that Seymour will be flying in on Saturday and should be there in time to play Monday night. Also stated that he does not have a new contract nor a promise that they will not franchise him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back