PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Thomas pulling a Bruschi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you don't mention, and really is important, is that Thomas played his entire career in the 4-3 while Bruschi started in the 3-4, went to the 4-3, and then back to the 3-4.

This really calls for.....

YouTube - Dr Cox - Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong

Zach Thomas played in both schemes too.

IF you are going to post numbers, you should make sure that you have ALL of them..

Bruschi had over 680 Solo and 387 assisted.. Not just 735 tackles total.

Thomas had 1106 solo tackles and 627 assisted. But as some have pointed out, Tackle totals aren't a good judge of things because there are teams who give out, essentially, 2 tackles per play (ala the Colts).

NFL.COM only goes back to 2001 with their keeping of the stats because they haven't put all the information in yet.. Where as pro-football-reference.com goes all the way back.

Zach Thomas had 16 Forced fumbles, the same as Bruschi.

What you don't mention, and really is important, is that Thomas played his entire career in the 4-3 while Bruschi started in the 3-4, went to the 4-3, and then back to the 3-4.

Bruschi also has 3 rings and 5 SB appearances while Thomas has zero.

Doesn't matter. Thomas's numbers are still far better, more than can be accounted for by simply saying "4-3 vs. 3-4". And rings and SB appearances don't mean you're a better player or going into Canton; most of the Pats players from their three Super Bowls will NOT be going into Canton.

I'm not even really arguing that Thomas is better than Bruschi. I think they were about the same. I just also think that neither is Canton-bound, and it certainly would NOT be a "travesty" if Thomas did get in and Bruschi didn't.

I realize we're all homers, and we loved the guy, but it ain't happening. Like Troy Brown, Tedy will have to be happy with a seat in the Patriots' Hall of Fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft